Anthem of the Seas - Dynamic Dining Classic now available

Just noticed the dining choice on Anthem have been updated to include "Dynamic Dining Classic". When I called in, I was informed it is showing in their system as "Dynamic Dining Classic 1" and "Dynamic Dining Classic 2". "Dynamic Dining Classic 1" is 6:00 and "Dynamic Dining Classic 2" is 8:30 (on my particular sailing). My booking originally set as "Dynamic Dining" now has it as "Dynamic Dining Choice". :)

Edited by jtsongas

Hey---Just tried to search for this on the website but I dont see the option for classic dining. Can you tell me where I can locate and pick this option? Thanks so much!!

If you already have a booking, you would need to contact the TA or Royal to get this changed. If you are booking new, you would need to go through the booking process up to the point of choosing the cabin. The next screen toward the bottom will give you the dining choices.

Showing my ignorance but if you choose dd2 for example do you choose the restaurant or is it allocated at some time in the future ? If so, when ?

Cheers

You rotate between the restaurants each night. Your rotation schedule, much like your table number, will likely be assigned to you at random unless you or your travel agent adds a note to your reservation with a specific request.

Showing my ignorance but if you choose dd2 for example do you choose the restaurant or is it allocated at some time in the future ? If so, when ?

Cheers

My understanding is the restaurants will be allocated at some point in the future. It was not clear to me if you will know before the sailing or if you find out when you get on the ship. Either way, I love getting to know my table mates and having dinner with the same people each night so for me this is a VERY welcome change. Getting the same waitperson is also nice although secondary to the others at the table. We always request a large table and have gained many friends via this method.

Was on the Quantum and according to the crew Dynamic Dining is a fail.

No one likes it so they are putting the dinning room back on the Anthem.

So despite official announcements from RCI, people would rather believe some disgruntled employee? Oh, never mind the fact that Anthem construction is done and there's no traditional MDR.:rolleyes:

Edited by Biker19

Was on the Quantum and according to the crew Dynamic Dining is a fail.

No one likes it so they are putting the dinning room back on the Anthem.

Despite numerous reviews on here from people who were quite happy with it, and numerous other people who haven't travelled yet but are excited about it....:confused:

I think it would be more accurate to say it's only a fail for some people who only want traditional MDR dining (not withstanding some of the early issues on Quantum). You cannot say "No one likes it"!:rolleyes:

despite numerous reviews on here from people who were quite happy with it, and numerous other people who haven't travelled yet but are excited about it....:confused:

I think it would be more accurate to say it's only a fail for some people who only want traditional mdr dining (not withstanding some of the early issues on quantum). You cannot say "no one likes it"!:rolleyes:

like :)

I liked Dynamic Dining a lot - I think the IT system is the problem. But let's say you were to choose classic, how does one get to eat and see a 2 1/2 show if you're relegated to either 6:00 or 8:30? The night we saw Mama Mia we ate at 5:30 and then tore out of American Icon to get there at 7:00. Seeing Broadway style shows during the day is not an option, especially for a ship such as this, where you don't have a show every night.

I liked Dynamic Dining a lot - I think the IT system is the problem. But let's say you were to choose classic, how does one get to eat and see a 2 1/2 show if you're relegated to either 6:00 or 8:30? The night we saw Mama Mia we ate at 5:30 and then tore out of American Icon to get there at 7:00. Seeing Broadway style shows during the day is not an option, especially for a ship such as this, where you don't have a show every night.

Windjammer, specialty restaurants

Thanks for the information. Checked our reservation and it is now showing Dynamic Dining Choice.

Had to check just in case also the existing dining bookings and those were untouched.

Seems good!

After spending approximately 6 hours over a few days trying to book dining options for myself , husband and my parents it's taken a 49 minute call to Royal Caribbean to get it sorted . The problems on line were trying to book using 2 different booking reference numbers , the site constantly crashing , being told I don't need to input my credit card details because I'd booked complimentary restaurants then on the next page getting "credit card details incorrect" .

Think I've sorted in now but had a battle to get the 4 of us dining together . Am extremely frustrated and unhappy

We loved Dynamic Dining on the Quantum! Did not think we would but did. Food was best we have had on a cruise and service was commendable. Loved eating at most convenient times for us. Well worth any issues we had in booking. Plus, changes were easy to make on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DD is not a total fail as some would like to state. I enjoyed it on the different cruises taken on The Quantum, and look forward to enjoying it again on The Anthem and future Quantum cruises :D

I agree. Frankly, aside from some IT related reservation issues which I assume can be remedied, we enjoyed selecting from the different complimentary dining venues, all of which are very elegant. In each venue we received great service from proficient and personable servers.

I do have a question about 'Classic Dynamic Dining" that I trust will be answered at some time in the future. If your dining room assignments are done on a rotational basis, what happens if there is a particular dining room that you don't want to eat in? Are you forced to dine in that assigned venue, or must you choose the Windjammer, or one of the "for a fee" restaurants.

I agree. Frankly, aside from some IT related reservation issues which I assume can be remedied, we enjoyed selecting from the different complimentary dining venues, all of which are very elegant. In each venue we received great service from proficient and personable servers.

I do have a question about 'Classic Dynamic Dining" that I trust will be answered at some time in the future. If your dining room assignments are done on a rotational basis, what happens if there is a particular dining room that you don't want to eat in? Are you forced to dine in that assigned venue, or must you choose the Windjammer, or one of the "for a fee" restaurants.

Presumably the same thing that happens if you don't like the menu one night in the MDR on any other ship.

Just got off Quantum. Dynamic Dining is a fail. Glad they are going to fix it. Will be interested to hear if the new system on Anthem works better.

I agree. I wanted to like DD and just couldn't. I understand on the Anthem that he staff will travel with the passengers, much like on the Disney ships. I hope it increase staff and passenger satisfaction. I found the staff to be unhappy, sometimes almost surly, the orders were incorrect, the delivery erratic. I actually ate in the Windjammer for dinner one night, which was a first for me becasue I couldn't bear the thought of another night with bad service.