OASIS moving to Canaveral ....

I'm kind of indifferent to Oasis coming to Port Canaveral. I absolutely love both the Oasis and Freedom class ships but for the difference in price the Oasis will likely command over Freedom in Port Canaveral, I'd honestly just assume fly to Allure in FLL.

That being said, I'm excited for Port Canaveral and those who live close-by. Definitely exciting news!

I'm kind of indifferent to Oasis coming to Port Canaveral. I absolutely love both the Oasis and Freedom class ships but for the difference in price the Oasis will likely command over Freedom in Port Canaveral, I'd honestly just assume fly to Allure in FLL.

That being said, I'm excited for Port Canaveral and those who live close-by. Definitely exciting news!

I think you might be right about the pricing.

You are right about the pricing. Now if you wanted to stop and see Disney for a few days pre or post Oasis cruise it seems more desirable than the three hour drive to/from FLL.

So, I take it the next Behemoth OTS will take Oasis' berth in FLL?

Any pronouncements on where Oasis IV will go? Also to Canaveral? England? Mediterranean? Los Angeles?

Harmony (Oasis 3) is going to FLL. Nothing on Oasis 4 so far.

I was thinking the exact same thing. We had a driver from Mears Transportation tell us last June that Oasis was coming to Port Canaveral but I wasn't about to mention it in a post because of what you just said! :)

There may be more -- our Mear's driver last January said that Royal was having a dispute with the port authorities due to the new port master just like Carnival had when they witdrew all their ships to port canaveral and Miami. All personnel from porters on up were slowing down the process to get rid of him. I didn't put any credence to it since we got on board within 35 minutes of arrival.

When will these ships go on sale for later 2016/2017? I'm definitely looking to book Oasis out of Pt. Canaveral. A port we can drive to!

Royal said new itineraries will go on sale March 11.

I'm definitely looking to book Oasis out of Pt. Canaveral. A port we can drive to!

Same here :) In the past, FLL was just a little too far to drive and Oasis prices were out of my budget. I am in great hopes that her prices will be in line with Freedom pricing but I think that is wishful thinking on my part :) I have however found some really reasonable cruises on her out of FLL and hope to do the same for cruises out of PC. At least Oasis will only be about 8 hours away starting in 2016 and I can drive it for about a 1/4 of what it would cost to fly. That helps a lot.

I will be booking an Oasis cruise out of PC on my Freedom cruise next month.

Edited by ryano

Royal said new itineraries will go on sale March 11.

Thanks Bob. I just called Royal to find the answer to this and the rep was clueless. He didn't even know Oasis was moving to Pt. Canaveral! :eek:

March 11th is set on my calendar. :D

But why a smaller ship than Enchantment for Port Canaveral's 3 and 4 day cruises?

Seem like theyre handing this.market over to Carnival.

Rhapsody isn't that much smaller. Remember they are both Vision class, just Enchantment was stretched.

Thanks Bob. I just called Royal to find the answer to this and the rep was clueless. He didn't even know Oasis was moving to Pt. Canaveral! :eek:

March 11th is set on my calendar. :D

I am an agent & also called RCI today & they had NO clue about March 11..FYI...RCI agents are often the last to know...