Kindle from Princess

triple7tahoe

We just returned from a short cruise to find a package from Princess. When we opened it we found a Kindle reader. It is new and now we have no idea why we got it; Anybody else get one or have an idea of why they sent this to us? I have gone back through the boards on here for the time we were gone and see no mention.

I certainly will call Princess later today but thought that somebody else might an answer-Thanks.

We just returned from a short cruise to find a package from Princess. When we opened it we found a Kindle reader. It is new and now we have no idea why we got it; Anybody else get one or have an idea of why they sent this to us? I have gone back through the boards on here for the time we were gone and see no mention.

I certainly will call Princess later today but thought that somebody else might an answer-Thanks.

Do you mean it's brand new in the box? If so, you may have won a contest but it seems they would have provided some sort of documentation. Otherwise, it may well have been left onboard by someone else and Princess has "cleverly" managed to send it to the wrong person.

Edited by Thrak

That doesn't make sense to me. I already own two Kindles and a tablet with a Kindle app. Getting another would be an absolute waste of their money.

They can send me one and waste their money if they want to! :)

They can send me one and waste their money if they want to! :)

I'd give it away. I read on my tablet or my phone and my wife does the same with her devices. 2 computers, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 2 smartphones. Definitely not a need for a Kindle. :D

A few years back I received a very nice piece of luggage about one week before our cruise. Don't know why-no explanation.

They had a promo for this a few years back. I remember it was Samsonite luggage.

Edited by Coral

That's a very nice travel related gift...even if you own one. You can get one on Amazon now for $59. Even though I own one, I would appreciate any gift given to me. Very nice, Princess!

I'd give it away. I read on my tablet or my phone and my wife does the same with her devices. 2 computers, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 2 smartphones. Definitely not a need for a Kindle. :D

The kindle can be useful if you are reading in direct sunlight - I have the kindle app on my iPad mini but still carry my paperwhite to read on deck.

The kindle can be useful if you are reading in direct sunlight - I have the kindle app on my iPad mini but still carry my paperwhite to read on deck.

I have an ASUS tablet. It has a Super IPS mode that can be engaged for reading in bright sunlight. It's hard on the battery life but works quite well.

I've had Kindles for years and when the iPad Mini came out, switched to it as a reader in addition to everything else it can do. However, I found reading in bright light was difficult and battery life short if I was reading for hours.

When the Kindle Voyager came out this past Fall, I got one with an origami cover. OMG! No comparison to previous Kindles. I haven't turned on my mini since then.

On my recent 15-day cruise, I brought my iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyager and a good Sony camera. Next cruise, I'm leaving the camera at home. The iPhone 6+ took way better photos.

I jus got off the phone with Princess. When I told the first young lady about getting the Kindle she was surprised and amused. She said she had never heard of such a thing. She called another person and came to tell me that the Kindle was part of a promotion from last year. She could not tell me which cruise (and we took far too many) but that I had earned it. I see from the responses that other folks had received luggage in years past from these promotions-Now we are the happy campers.:D

I love the voyage except for one thing. Why did they put the power button there. Real pain when the origami cover is flipped open if the kindle goes into screen saver mode.

I've had Kindles for years and when the iPad Mini came out, switched to it as a reader in addition to everything else it can do. However, I found reading in bright light was difficult and battery life short if I was reading for hours.

When the Kindle Voyager came out this past Fall, I got one with an origami cover. OMG! No comparison to previous Kindles. I haven't turned on my mini since then.

On my recent 15-day cruise, I brought my iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyager and a good Sony camera. Next cruise, I'm leaving the camera at home. The iPhone 6+ took way better photos.

I jus got off the phone with Princess. When I told the first young lady about getting the Kindle she was surprised and amused. She said she had never heard of such a thing. She called another person and came to tell me that the Kindle was part of a promotion from last year. She could not tell me which cruise (and we took far too many) but that I had earned it. I see from the responses that other folks had received luggage in years past from these promotions-Now we are the happy campers.:D

Congratulations!

I should have gotten so lucky!!!

My Kindle developed a problem during my recent 32 Day So America cruise and I could no longer use it. Thanks goodness I also had my handy-dandy Samsung tablet with me for a back-up, though I much prefer the Kindle for reading in bright sunlight.

While on that cruise, before my Kindle croaked, I was reading it and a lady came up to me carrying a Kindle she said she had received from Princess, and she asked me for help in setting it up because she had no idea how to use it. S apparently she also "won" some Princess contest too!

We have computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. My wife still prefers her Kindle Paperwhite.

I had the same experience with my iPhone 6+ on our TA last October. I found it was fine just taking the iPhone on tours.

I am not a fan of reading books on my iPad. I find it way too heavy. I have always preferred the real hard back book but just recently bought a Kindle Voyage. I love it! I bought a cheap $10 leather cover which looks pretty nice. I wasn't going to pay the price for the "Origami cover that is Kindle branded". I didn't think it would be that helpful in how I read.

I love my iPad but not for books.

Congrats to OP for winning a Kindle.

Edited by Coral

I put a anti-glare screen protector on my ipad and ipad mini, no problems in bright light and no finger prints. I do not use the ipad to read but the mini is just perfect for me. And I keep it in an expensive leather Oberon Design cover. Makes it feel more like a book and is good protection.

I wasn't going to pay the price for the "Origami cover that is Kindle branded". I didn't think it would be that helpful in how I read.
I had quite a bit of Amazon credit so I opted for the cover. :) I carry my Kindle with me constantly and often prop it up so I can sit back and read. I used to use a lightweight stand but the Origami cover works like a charm without having to carry anything else. It's not for everyone but for how I use the Kindle, it's perfect.

I had quite a bit of Amazon credit so I opted for the cover. :) I carry my Kindle with me constantly and often prop it up so I can sit back and read. I used to use a lightweight stand but the Origami cover works like a charm without having to carry anything else. It's not for everyone but for how I use the Kindle, it's perfect.

I usually am laying on my couch, bed or lounge chair when I am reading. Thus the stand wouldn't be necessary.

I probably knocked the Origami cover too much as I haven't actually seen it. I just don't prop my Kindle up that way to read for pleasure.

I am only a month into my Kindle Voyage and am glad I got it and am glad I spent the extra money on the Voyage over the PaperWhite. I love the weight of the Kindle.

I should have gotten so lucky!!!

My Kindle developed a problem during my recent 32 Day So America cruise and I could no longer use it. Thanks goodness I also had my handy-dandy Samsung tablet with me for a back-up, though I much prefer the Kindle for reading in bright sunlight.

I carry a spare Kindle when travelling. DH doesn't want to be around me if I don't have a Kindle to read ;)