Making a room divider

Robbiesox15

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Confused-Baby.jpg

All other minisuites I have stayed in on numerous cruise lines (including NCL) usually have a privacy curtain to divide the seating area from the bed area. Allows privacy between the kids and the adults, especially at night when the kids are asleep and the grown ups are not ;)

All other minisuites I have stayed in on numerous cruise lines (including NCL) usually have a privacy curtain to divide the seating area from the bed area. Allows privacy between the kids and the adults, especially at night when the kids are asleep and the grown ups are not ;)

Roberta, you saucy little vixen. lol

The walls on the BA are metallic, maybe aluminized/space age light weight material mix and probably not strong enough to support those curtains (maybe, a giant bed sheet or two, safety-pinned together might hold) hanging across the stateroom. Between the top of the wall panels & dropped ceiling, there might be enough space to insert a hook or two on each side & then run it across.

Here's an idea - pickup some plastic table cloth from your local Dollar Store, the bigger the better & pick the color and/or floral pattern (if any) that you see - give it that party look. Then, use some masking tape to hang the plastic tablecloth curtain vertically down from the ceiling panel - it's light & should work, might need to attach a few pennies on the bottom to keep it from moving around to much - that's your visual privacy.

Pick up a couple of shower curtains- the lightweight non plastic type. They are very light, have holes for hanging and take up no room packing. You can get the hooks that stick and remove easily- scotch? They have a type with a metal hinged hook that is perfect for hanging from a ceiling. Good luck and have fun with your kids!

How do you know that there is not a divider. Every photo that you posted shows a divider. I find it very strange to think that there is not a divider.

It has been posted here many times that the mini suite on the breakaway doesn't have a divider.

It has been posted here many times that the mini suite on the breakaway doesn't have a divider.

There is definately no divider in the minisuites on the breakaway. It is why we booked the Gem instead. We need a divider. If my kids can see us they will not sleep. However I think that the family ocean view cabins may have dividers on the breakaway.

• 5 months later...
There is definately no divider in the minisuites on the breakaway. It is why we booked the Gem instead. We need a divider. If my kids can see us they will not sleep. However I think that the family ocean view cabins may have dividers on the breakaway.

Does anyone know if there are dividers on the NCL getaway? We have a balcony room and traveling with our 11 mos old. If anyone has done the shower curtains and tape or magnets me know how it went! Thanks in advance.

Pick up a couple of shower curtains- the lightweight non plastic type. They are very light, have holes for hanging and take up no room packing. You can get the hooks that stick and remove easily- scotch? They have a type with a metal hinged hook that is perfect for hanging from a ceiling. Good luck and have fun with your kids!

This is what we do so that our toddler doesn't see us and decide to party: it works great!

For such a tiny cost, it's ridiculous that curtains weren't a given in every cabin. Another reason- parents in bed, teen on couch sleeping until noon. Curtain blocks sunlight from balcony. Also, dressing? Sharing a room with teens or other adults and people need to get dressed. Tiny bathroom not best place for dressing.

Edited by conandrob240

• 8 months later...

After reading the posts on Cruise Critic, I created an easy curtain for our cruise. We have a teenager and really wanted the privacy at night and for changing clothes. It worked great. I used 4 magnets that I purchased at Home Depot and a king sized sheet. I made 4 buttonholes for the magnets to fit onto (it would have worked with just 4 holes cut in the side of the sheet). We moved the magnets across the ceiling when we wanted to privacy and pushed it back along the wall during the day. It was not in the way of the housekeeper or our family during the day.

IMG_3286.jpg.9031ef5e7619c7d689d76dc30cb6a575.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg.81bf5a51b3e59725f23dc0d177251b0b.jpg

• 2 years later...
Why don't you try screens room dividers. These screens have double sides with decorative finish and there is sound absorption wool inside. With the help of vinyl seal on top and bottom, the room dividers and screens have great sound insulation performance, blocking up to 50dB.

They don't look very portable.

The walls and ceiling on Breakaway ARE metal and if you buy the strong magnets on Amazon they support a sheet very well. We buy clips to hang on the hooks. I put up about 6 hooks with clips and a queen or king size sheet. Provides adequare privacy for changing or to leave a light on for reading a bit.

We have done this for our last 3 trips in Balcony and Minisuite cabins on Breakaway.