Silhouette review 3/8-15

derekjp47

We were on Silhouette Mar 22-29. For both formal nights we ate at the Lawn Club Grill. No need to dress up, fun environment, great food, and dining under the stars. There is usually someone outside the Oceanview Cafe soliciting reservations for the specialty restaurants. They gave our party of four 30% off the first night. When we were leaving the restaurant they offered us 50% off on a return visit, so we booked it again for the second formal night. It was great not to have to bring formal wear and pack a bit lighter. We expected to eat at one of the specialty restaurants on the formal nights so this worked out great for us.

Ours too:D:D. Trying the Equinox next and hope it's as great as the Silhouette

We love the Silhouette and Reflection. Missing on the Equinox is the Lawn Grill and the porch. The lawn grill is our favorite speciality restaurant. It is only available on the Silhouette and Reflection. Replacing both on the Equinox and the older Solstice class ships, is the Corning glass blowing show- if you have never seen it, you might enjoy it- We have seen it multiple times and now we never go anymore- you sit on hard stadium benches in the heat for over 1 1/2 hours. Not great for the over 50 crowd or those with bad backs.

You will enjoy the Equinox, it has a wonderful itinerary!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks for the review. I just booked this week for March 2016. Do you have any photos of the ship you can share?

We loved, loved Silhouette! Great ship. There are lots of photos in the review in my signature.

Another source of photos (really great ones) is http://www.cruisewithgambee.com. He did a Silhouette cruise and took tons of great photos.

Edited by micmacmissy

• 2 weeks later...
Ours too:D:D. Trying the Equinox next and hope it's as great as the Silhouette

We were on the Equinox March 6th for the 10 day Caribbean cruise. Beautiful ship, wonderful crew, great food and great entertainment! We haven't had really good nightly entertainment like this for quite some time:D

We will be sailing on the Silhouette for our 2016 Mediterranean cruise!:)

Maryann

We just returned from the Silhouette March 8 western sailing and it was outstanding. We have taken the cruise three years in a row and the ship looks just as good now as it did the first time. Boarding was a piece of cake, twenty minutes from pier to buffet. We ate in select dining every night and it was outstanding, no need to spend extra for specialty restaurants. We also had the classic drink package and once again experienced great service everywhere on the ship. The entertainment was terrific, and Richard Spacey has to be the best CD on any ship, he is a trip. Walk off debarkation was also easy, drove out of the parking garage at 7:38. We love this ship and the staff and can't see how anyone can have any complaints, looking forward to trying the Equinox on our next cruise.

We are cruising the British isles on the Silhouette in June and also purchased the classic drink package. Hubby is a beer drinker do you remember if there were many beers available for $6 or less?

I remember being docked next to you in Cozumel~I was on Constellation:rolleyes:

and oh how I wished I could have jumped ship to join you.:eek::(