Princess Website Redesign - IPAD's

Woobstr112G

Bob, I'm not having any problems on my iPad Mini Retina (2nd mini) using the most current iOS 8.2 and Safari.

I'm not having any problems getting into Princess' web site with my iPad, 8.2, using Safari.

I was impressed with the redesign of the site.

16850357212_b2bc2c3259_c.jpg

New version (accessed from Google search)

16850357312_b3b1159fd4_c.jpg

:D

Glad you are impressed.

I do not like the new design

It may be prettier, but it is harder to do a decent search for cruises.

I also use an iPad. The Princess website's drop down menus work for some things like searching for a cruise, but don't work for other areas like Ship Experience. And it doesn't matter if I use Safari or Chrome. In this day and age, with people using smartphones and tablets, no company should have a website that isn't fully compatible for all operating systems. It just doesn't make good business sense. Especially, if the Internet is the method you prefer your customers use to research and book cruises.

I haven't had problems with the Princess website on my iPad, but for the last two weeks I have had big problems off and on with the Cruise Critic app on my iPad. Sometimes it works fine, other times it tells me there are no threads at all in the Princess section, and other times there are threads but no messages come up for those threads. I have emailed Cruise Critic "help" more than once. I got one reply when this started which said they were having problems with it, but that was over a week ago. I've heard nothing since then. Is anyone else having problems with the Cruise Critic app for the iPad?

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser

I tried 3 times to edit the above post to say that I got one reply from my emails which said that Cruise Critic was having technical problems. That was over a week ago. I replied that I was still having problems and have heard nothing since. None of the three attempts to edit the post worked, so I have had to add this one.

I haven't had problems with the Princess website on my iPad, but for the last two weeks I have had big problems off and on with the Cruise Critic app on my iPad. Sometimes it works fine, other times it tells me there are no threads at all in the Princess section, and other times there are threads but no messages come up for those threads. I have emailed Cruise Critic "help" more than once. I got one reply when this started which said they were having problems with it, but that was over a week ago. I've heard nothing since then. Is anyone else having problems with the Cruise Critic app for the iPad?

I tried to edit the above post to say that the CC reply I got said they were having problems. That was over a week ago. I haven't gotten any replies since. I had to add this post because my edit wouldn't save after three tries.

I've had the same problems on CC which had been intermittent until today when it became more frequent & unstable. I use Safari on my iPad/iPhone & IE on my PC and all of them are even worse on the CC app. :(

It's a different issue than the problems with the Princess website but you're not alone experiencing frustrating CC problems & I also emailed CC help.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm somewhat boggled that anybody would go to Princess via Google. Why not simply put princess.com into the address bar and go there directly? I can't see any reason to ever enter an address into Google if you already know the address. It's just adding a useless extra step and often gets incorrect results.

Google is for searching. If you already know where you want to go then use the address bar. It avoids a lot of problems.

Edited by Thrak

I've had the same problems on CC which had been intermittent until today when it became more frequent & unstable. I use Safari on my iPad/iPhone & IE on my PC and all of them are even worse on the CC app. :(

It's a different issue than the problems with the Princess website but you're not alone experiencing frustrating CC problems & I also emailed CC help.

Thank you so much for your reply! I really was beginning to think I was the only one this was happening to and that it might be my iPad at fault rather than the cruise critic app.

Thank you so much for your reply! I really was beginning to think I was the only one this was happening to and that it might be my iPad at fault rather than the cruise critic app.

I was in the same boat tonight. I deleted cc then re installed and it worked right away.

I'm somewhat boggled that anybody would go to Princess via Google. Why not simply put princess.com into the address bar and go there directly? I can't see any reason to ever enter an address into Google if you already know the address. It's just adding a useless extra step and often gets incorrect results.

Google is for searching. If you already know where you want to go then use the address bar. It avoids a lot of problems.

That's me all over....adding useless extra steps. ;)

I did it just to see if by going through Google it would take me to the "old" version of the Princess Cruises website instead of the "new" one, like what happened when I click on the stored link in my Bookmarks. That, and I'm old as dirt, and sometimes Googling (is that a word) what I want is no more complicated than typing in an address, which God forbid I miss a single letter and end up on some "other" (read 'adult') website. :eek:;)

Edited by dmwnc1959

Glad you are impressed.

I do not like the new design

It may be prettier, but it is harder to do a decent search for cruises.

And to me, that's just it; the Cruise Search function should be first and foremost on the website, not a bunch of "fluff" and pretty pictures (that's sort of what's killing Bing compared to Google). All the accolades and other assorted information can come later down the page.

And to me, that's just it; the Cruise Search function should be first and foremost on the website, not a bunch of "fluff" and pretty pictures (that's sort of what's killing Bing compared to Google). All the accolades and other assorted information can come later down the page.

Great point.....:):):)

Bob

I called Princess and was told they were receiving numerous complaints regarding website usage (after the redesign) by IPAD users. Anyone else out there experiencing the same issues......?

I noticed the cruise-search page served to web browsers was the previous format.

Maybe they rolled back the new design -- which would benefit the

ipad users. (Sorry, I don't have an i.anything to try)

Agreed!!! I use my iPad mini primarily to search - for price, intinerary, etc. why make it harder? God forbid you try to find deck plans.

Agreed!!! I use my iPad mini primarily to search - for price, intinerary, etc. why make it harder? God forbid you try to find deck plans.
I get to the deck plans by searching for a cruise on that ship. Select an itinerary and then select deck plans. I get there but with many more steps :(

Update: just checked the website and all of the pull down menus work again :)

Edited by IECalCruiser