Wear White ?- Late April Danube Cruise?

3Kittens

Have read a ton re the "new wearing of white and the old passé theory of no white before Labour Day".

I'll remove the white slacks for day tours, but keep in the white dressy slacks for dinner. I do the black white thing also. :cool: Will remove the sliver sandals tho. Guess I got carried away with myself, thinking it would be warmer there vs here, but really not summer weather at all:roll eyes: My luck it will snow.............

Oh but the silver sandals would be fine! I wear them all year for evening. Just not white sandals in April. I have bad feet and they like sandals better than closed shoes so I wear sandals for evening all year unless it is 10 degrees outside or something.

Have read a ton re the "new wearing of white and the old passé theory of no white before Labour Day".

I'll remove the white slacks for day tours, but keep in the white dressy slacks for dinner. I do the black white thing also. :cool: Will remove the sliver sandals tho. Guess I got carried away with myself, thinking it would be warmer there vs here, but really not summer weather at all:roll eyes: My luck it will snow.............

Oh but the silver sandals would be fine! I wear them all year for evening. Just not white sandals in April. I have bad feet and they like sandals better than closed shoes so I wear sandals for evening all year unless it is 10 degrees outside or something.

Good idea not to wear the white slacks outside of the ship. All you need to do is lean against a railing to soil/ruin them. Also agree with bringing as few pairs of shoes as possible because they have a nasty way of packing on the pounds suitcase wise. I have trouble with my feet as well, Whatnot, and I solved both 3 kittens and your problem with a pair each of black and white ballet slippers. They literally fold one inside the other and weigh so little you could put them in your purse and not know they were there! I wouldn't recommend wearing them off the ship, but for walking to the dining room an.d perhaps the lounge after dinner, they're very comfortable and go with whatever color pants/skirt/or dress you might be wearing.

Note to 3 kittens: Don't even think about snow.....we had 5" yesterday in honor of the First Day of Spring!!!! :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

This idea of white only being able to be worn before/after certain dates (Easter, Labor Day?) is an American thing; believe me, people in the UK and Europe are completely baffled by this type of thread. 3kittens, I don't know why on earth you wouldn't want to take white clothes to Europe. We all wear what colours we choose at any time of the year. On the other hand, you would know better than me whether wearing white slacks for dinner onboard will scandalise your fellow Americans! I say you should be brave and go ahead. The sooner this silly convention ends the better.

I would wear white now or whenever you want. I don't wear white on trips because they get dirty too fast. My dress for dinner is black jeans and a white gauzy top. Never a problem.

Totally agree! White is impractical for travel, especially for those of us that favor red wine:D.

Edited by caviargal

This idea of white only being able to be worn before/after certain dates (Easter, Labor Day?) is an American thing; believe me, people in the UK and Europe are completely baffled by this type of thread. 3kittens, I don't know why on earth you wouldn't want to take white clothes to Europe. We all wear what colours we choose at any time of the year. On the other hand, you would know better than me whether wearing white slacks for dinner onboard will scandalise your fellow Americans! I say you should be brave and go ahead. The sooner this silly convention ends the better.

While I certainly can't speak for all Americans, I would wouldn't care if a fellow cruiser wore white slacks in the dining room.....no matter the month of the year. Wear what you feel comfortable in. Actually, you might find that your biggest delema is not the color of your choices but keeping your luggage under the max weight for the airline you will fly. We always take our luggage scale with us so we can be sure our purchases during the trip don't put us over the weight limit. Of course this means I have to make sure my clothing alone doesn't put me near the limit.

While I certainly can't speak for all Americans, I would wouldn't care if a fellow cruiser wore white slacks in the dining room.....no matter the month of the year. Wear what you feel comfortable in. Actually, you might find that your biggest delema is not the color of your choices but keeping your luggage under the max weight for the airline you will fly. We always take our luggage scale with us so we can be sure our purchases during the trip don't put us over the weight limit. Of course this means I have to make sure my clothing alone doesn't put me near the limit.

That's why I would nix the sandals. Nothing adds weight like shoes. Wear the heaviest ones on the plane and for walking all day and pack the lightest most basic shoes you can find. The ballet type slippers weigh next to nothing and they look like regular black flats with skirt or pants.

Totally agree! White is impractical for travel, especially for those of us that favor red wine:D.

Great minds think alike....can't drink red anymore, but rose makes just as noticeable a stain....and red sauce, brown gravy or pistachio ice-cream! :D

Hands down, the white slacks are packed. I'm safe!! I'm a Canadian:D

Sorry, folks, you gave me a chuckle!!

No white after Labor Day... go on! Labor Day in Germany is May 1st ;):p!

No such rule in Europe.

steamboats

Ahh but we can't wear white before Memorial Day, which is May 31st. it's all really ridiculous and nobody pays attention any more....except maybe the Kardashians. :D

^^^ LOL.... aren't they a lot?? :eek:

I find it hard pressed to understand why they have such a popularity. Really are trashy. But humorous in a sense.:confused::confused:

I am amazed how she lost so much weight post baby. Must have been surgical? Or incredible dedication.

OK, I'm going to date myself, but this thread brought to mind an ending lyric to a more obscure Stones song ("Something Happened To Me Yesterday") and brought a chuckle to me -

So, if you're out tonight, don't forget, if you're on your bike, wear white :D

Seriously though, wear what you like. It's not like GQ or Marie Claire photographers are going to be on board. ;)

OK, I'm going to date myself, but this thread brought to mind an ending lyric to a more obscure Stones song ("Something Happened To Me Yesterday") and brought a chuckle to me -

Seriously though, wear what you like. It's not like GQ or Marie Claire photographers are going to be on board. ;)

And if they are they'll be retired and won't care.

obscure Stones song ("Something Happened To Me Yesterday") and brought a chuckle to me -

It's not like GQ or Marie Claire photographers are going to be on board. ;)

Very obscure, when Brian Jones was still alive. (another member of the 27 Club).

Critics be damned, I'll wear the white:cool: Stay tuned for a CNN news flash:eek:

Be careful no photographer be they fashion, news or whatever, never ever fully retires. Wear what you feel comfortable, stylish or completely off the wall in maybe a touch of boho, just don't forget all of us are or are approaching the re runs of fashion so we could all go retro, yippee.

CA 📷

White? I'm a guy who won't take khaki on a cruise because I spill beer, wine and coffee.

^^^ LOL.... aren't they a lot?? :eek:

I find it hard pressed to understand why they have such a popularity. Really are trashy. But humorous in a sense.:confused::confused:

I am amazed how she lost so much weight post baby. Must have been surgical? Or incredible dedication.

Broadway reference, the other title for this number. look it up ;) . . .

Dance Ten, Looks Three