MS Maasdam -- Sail Away -- Fri, Mar 27

Krazy Kruizers

One lady missing on a ship (not sure which one).

Maasdam wants a tug on standby - still planning on sailing at 4.

I'm going to give it the old college try today and perhaps tomorrow. I understand from your Cunard thread that Westerdam did real well last week. I'll probably have to see your reviews as I won't get a lot from satellite internet.

Roy

I'm going to give it the old college try today and perhaps tomorrow. I understand from your Cunard thread that Westerdam did real well last week. I'll probably have to see your reviews as I won't get a lot from satellite internet.

Roy

Yes, Westy was back to her best last sailaway.:)

G'day from Down Under. Just waking up here. Having a great time in this beautiful country with such wonderful citizens.

Today will be our first trip into Sydney and tonight we are going to our friends Daughter In Law's birthday party which is being held on a boat for a four hour sailing in Sydney Harbor.

Enjoy the sail-away. Going to have some breakfast toast with Vegemite. Thanks KK for the reminders.

Our Roll Call for our cruise hit 4,000 post today and two hundred pages. I owe drinks for each 1,000 milestone posters!:eek::)

Kia Ora.

G'day from Down Under. Just waking up here. Having a great time in this beautiful country with such wonderful citizens.

Today will be our first trip into Sydney and tonight we are going to our friends Daughter In Law's birthday party which is being held on a boat for a four hour sailing in Sydney Harbor.

Enjoy the sail-away. Going to have some breakfast toast with Vegemite. Thanks KK for the reminders.

Our Roll Call for our cruise hit 4,000 post today and two hundred pages. I owe drinks for each 1,000 milestone posters!:eek::)

Interesting here. Today is voting day and it is mandatory and a voter would be fined for non compliance.

Glad you have arrived safely in Australia and having a good time.

Kia Ora.

Kia Ora. I was also surprised that hardly anyone says G'day over here. Rooting for the home team is a no no as rooting refers to sex so one must cheer.:D

Where we sometimes refer to our rears as Fannys is the opposite side here on a female.:o

Ordered and ice coffee in the Blue Mountains and received this large sundae glass piled high with whip cream chocolate dusting and ice cream inside. Cappuccino yesterday came in a large mug laden with chocolate on top.

Delicious! Lots to learn but so much fun!:)

See both of you soon.

Edited by aliaschief

Kia Ora. I was also surprised that hardly anyone says G'day over here. Rooting for the home team is a no no as rooting refers to sex so one must cheer.:D

Where we sometimes refer to our rears as Fannys is the opposite side here on a female.:o

Ordered and ice coffee in the Blue Mountains and received this large sundae class piled high with whip cream chocolate dusting and ice cream inside. Cappuccino yesterday came in a large mug laden with chocolate on top.

See both of you soon.

Yes, the big game is in Melbourne tomorrow.:D

Guess their relaxing the rules a little. Right after the Concordia accident they wouldn't let you sail if you didn't show up for the passenger safety drill.

Hey, they got to do their muster in the same timeframe as the Costa Concordia pax. How fortunate for them -- that nothing happened.

We had a 45-minute muster drill on Statendam once. Just because the occupants of one stateroom drifted in late. Cap'n held us all there. It was a real hardship for some of the mobility-impaired folks.

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November 2013 and March 2014, our lifeboat drills were at 3:45 for 4 PM sailings. We left at 4 on the dot. No time to put anyone off the ship before we sailed.

Ordered and ice coffee in the Blue Mountains and received this large sundae glass piled high with whip cream chocolate dusting and ice cream inside. Cappuccino yesterday came in a large mug laden with chocolate on top.

See both of you soon.

I am not a coffee drinker, but they sound wonderful.

Good to hear from you Chief... Glad you had a nice trip.

Virgin Australia airways was our best flying experience ever. Of course for the price of Business Class it should. Lots of Delta Reward Points for that experience.

Enjoy.