Upgrade offer

Shmoo here

Is an upgrade offer of $79 per person from a oceanview to a balcony for a 7 night cruise a good deal?

A great deal. I am always on pins and needles waiting for that upgrade email. I upgraded from a mini-suite to a full suite on my upcoming coastal for 159.00 pp and am very excited! Have a great cruise!

Wish we could get one - 32 cruises with various lines and Elite with Princess and we have never had a sniff at an upgrade or upsell 😭

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here. Elite with Princess and never an upsell or upgrade. Nothing, nada. Maybe some day. Hope springs eternal.

It helps to go over the deck plans for the ship in advance of talking with the "upsell fairy" at Princess--in fact, having them right in front of you when talking with her helps the most. That way you can possibly avoid cabins you don't want. We had an upsell offer on a 5 day CB cruise in October from interior to balcony. When the "fairy" got back to me by phone, she offered us a particular cabin, and I asked her if anything else was available, and were there any Caribe balconies? She said yes and gave us a Caribe balcony almost midship. Never hurts to ask and be polite about it.

Of course, I would've taken almost any balcony cabin!

We're Platinum and this was our first upsell offer, but we've had some free upgrades before.

When I read the OP's first post I thought: "Hmm, must be a trick question...."

I hope that they grabbed the offer. Upgrade or up-sell, either way, a great deal price-wise. At $79.00 that is about $11.00 per person per day.:cool:

When I read the OP's first post I thought: "Hmm, must be a trick question...."

I hope that they grabbed the offer. Upgrade or up-sell, either way, a great deal price-wise. At $79.00 that is about $11.00 per person per day.:cool:

Not a trick question. We're new Princess cruisers. And, when we cruise, we generally get oceanview rooms.

The offer was emailed on Friday. And, unfortunately, not read until after business hours. We called and left a voice mail (email says they're only open M-F) and that voice mails are returned in the order received. So we have to wait until tomorrow to find out what's available.

Fingers crossed.

Not a trick question. We're new Princess cruisers. And, when we cruise, we generally get oceanview rooms.

The offer was emailed on Friday. And, unfortunately, not read until after business hours. We called and left a voice mail (email says they're only open M-F) and that voice mails are returned in the order received. So we have to wait until tomorrow to find out what's available.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck, you probably have a good chance.