Port Canaveral departures to orlando

viperrtblck

Looking to buy flights for our cruise in Aug. outa Port Canaveral. Were flyin into Orlando airport, lookin to see what you guys recommend with a flight back home. What time could I expect to be off the ship (I know they call you by categories or however, OR you can get off right at like 5 or 6am which we won't be doing). I know from Port Canaveral to Orlando it's about an hour ride, so that needs to be taken into consideration. I found a flight that may work for us that takes off at 3:30, not sure if that will be late enough for us to catch though.

What's your guys experience with the whole Orlando and Port Canaveral flight area...thanks in advance.

I would pick 2:30 over 3:30 for sure...anything Noon or after should be fine...how are you getting from PC to Orlando? A rental car pick up will add a little time to your travel...as would waiting for the cruise line bus to fill up...

I would pick 2:30 over 3:30 for sure...anything Noon or after should be fine...how are you getting from PC to Orlando? A rental car pick up will add a little time to your travel...as would waiting for the cruise line bus to fill up...

Well be getting transfers somehow, whether it's via hotel transfers (some said they'll pickup and transport for arrival and departure) or just grab a taxi van at the pier when we're departing and walk out

Well be getting transfers somehow, whether it's via hotel transfers (some said they'll pickup and transport for arrival and departure) or just grab a taxi van at the pier when we're departing and walk out

Taxi will be over $100 since the airport is 45 minutes away from the port. best to arrange some transportation before you sail.

Well I initially scheduled a flight for 4pm departure, wanted to be safe and not have any issues incase we were delayed in or to the airport. Got an email form United this morning saying my flight was changed and now it's a 2:30 departure flight!!! This worries me as I know it's about an hour transfer from the port to airport. We're gonna get a rental car for the transfer and just drive ourself, way cheaper from what I found. But a 2.5 hour earlier flight makes me really worried about making it from the port to the airport and through security and all on time....any thoughts?

2:30 still gives you plenty of time. Work backwards, being conservative in your timing, and then allowing even more time just to be safe.

You want to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight so get there by 12:30. It takes an hour to drive from the port area to the airport so leave the port area by 11:30. If you will be renting a car, you'll need to wait for the rental shuttle and then wait to get your car at the counter. Should be less than an hour but assume 1 hour. You therefore need to get your luggage and clear customs by 10:30. Should take less than an hour to get off the ship but assume an hour. Drag yourself away at 9:30.

I've built a lot of time into most of these activities so you will almost certainly have plenty of time at the airport. You'll probably get through airport security in time to grab lunch somewhere in the airport. If you want to be even safer, start the trek before 9:30.

FYI...I'm doing the same thing with a 1:19 flight being picked up by a transportation service at 9:30. I'm paying a little more for private transportation so that we can leave the port as soon as we're ready.

Edited by bobmacliberty

2:30 still gives you plenty of time. Work backwards, being conservative in your timing, and then allowing even more time just to be safe.

You want to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight so get there by 12:30. It takes an hour to drive from the port area to the airport so leave the port area by 11:30. If you will be renting a car, you'll need to wait for the rental shuttle and then wait to get your car at the counter. Should be less than an hour but assume 1 hour. You therefore need to get your luggage and clear customs by 10:30. Should take less than an hour to get off the ship but assume an hour. Drag yourself away at 9:30.

I've built a lot of time into most of these activities so you will almost certainly have plenty of time at the airport. You'll probably get through airport security in time to grab lunch somewhere in the airport. If you want to be even safer, start the trek before 9:30.

FYI...I'm doing the same thing with a 1:19 flight being picked up by a transportation service at 9:30. I'm paying a little more for private transportation so that we can leave the port as soon as we're ready.

thanks for your input, appreciated! How can I get off whenever I please though? Aren't we called off according to stations at given times? For example, say I choose to get off at around 9am, how would I be able to disembark and get through if my station wasn't called yet and grab my bags?

Well I initially scheduled a flight for 4pm departure... my flight was changed and now it's a 2:30 departure flight!!! This worries me

That's only 90 minutes' difference and still a very good time! I feel you are worrying for nothing. Personally, I wouldn't rent a car, I would just take a shuttle bus service for $20 each (unless you're a family), but you still have loads of time. You can have a nice meal in one of the restaurants at the airport. Do not stress about this, OK?

assuming we do the cortans transfers as mentioned above for $20, how can I ensure I am off the ship by 1030, don't they still call you off by sections as given times?

Visit Guest Services and request luggage tag numbers appropriate to your desired departure time.

Well I initially scheduled a flight for 4pm departure, wanted to be safe and not have any issues incase we were delayed in or to the airport. Got an email form United this morning saying my flight was changed and now it's a 2:30 departure flight!!! This worries me as I know it's about an hour transfer from the port to airport. We're gonna get a rental car for the transfer and just drive ourself, way cheaper from what I found. But a 2.5 hour earlier flight makes me really worried about making it from the port to the airport and through security and all on time....any thoughts?

In my opinion - a 2:30 flight is perfect. We have to take the 3:50(ish) flight out of Orlando and, even with a leisurely departure from the ship and lunch in the airport, it is a very long wait until flight time. Once we were detained disembarking Freedom due to RCI's computer systems being down, but even with that we were still at the airport in plenty of time. Relax and enjoy! :)

assuming we do the cortans transfers as mentioned above for $20, how can I ensure I am off the ship by 1030, don't they still call you off by sections as given times?

on all the ships I've been on, staying on after 9:30 was not an option, disembarkation usually starts at 6:00 am

A few days before disembarkation we have been given forms to fill in, on this form, you state the time you want/need to leave.

put down 8:00am, that will be when you are called.

( this has been the case on RCI and Celebrity in Europe, I assume its the same in US ports?)