boarding passes and b2b

dickinson

Any reason I would need to print out my boarding pass for our 2nd cruise on our b2b? Never done one but have read that I will get new cruise card etc by the last day. Plan on getting off the ship on turnaround day for an hour or so to walk around. Thanks.

Also, Princess says to print out its insurance but it is a LOT of pages. Is this really necessary?

Edited by dickinson

You do not need to print the boarding pass for your 2nd leg of B2b.

I can't answer about insurance, but we have not printed it in the past. Are you able to store a copy in email or something similar in case you need to reference it?

Pat

Any reason I would need to print out my boarding pass for our 2nd cruise on our b2b? Never done one but have read that I will get new cruise card etc by the last day. Plan on getting off the ship on turnaround day for an hour or so to walk around. Thanks.

You will not need the boarding pass for the 2nd cruise. They will give you your cruise card the night before along with an intransit pass. In a US port, you will need your passport, your cruise card, and your intransit pass - you will not need your 2nd boarding pass.

Also, Princess says to print out its insurance but it is a LOT of pages. Is this really necessary?

If you have a problem, you may need to contact the insurance company. I would recommend taking their contact information, but I don't see any need to print out the whole thing. I do recommend reading it at least once before the cruise however. You can always read a copy on the Princess website if you need it, and access to the Princess website on the ship does not use your Internet minutes.

Your Booking Confirmation and Travel Summary show you have purchased Vacation Protection, and I recommend you have a printed copy of them.

Edited by NavyVeteran

We have done several B2Bs which had the same booking number and voyage number. We have a B2B2B booked for 2016 that has 3 different booking numbers and 3 voyage numbers. All are booked on the same ship and same cabin for all 3 cruises. Wonder how this will work when we check in for the first cruise ?

You will not need the boarding pass for the 2nd cruise. They will give you your cruise card the night before along with an intransit pass. In a US port, you will need your passport, your cruise card, and your intransit pass - you will not need your 2nd boarding pass.

If you have a problem, you may need to contact the insurance company. I would recommend taking their contact information, but I don't see any need to print out the whole thing. I do recommend reading it at least once before the cruise however. You can always read a copy on the Princess website if you need it, and access to the Princess website on the ship does not use your Internet minutes.

Your Booking Confirmation and Travel Summary show you have purchased Vacation Protection, and I recommend you have a printed copy of them.

Thanks! We will be in Southampton, UK on turnaround day. We also need to move cabins. I'll really miss that WS we had to Hawaii :(

We have done several B2Bs which had the same booking number and voyage number. We have a B2B2B booked for 2016 that has 3 different booking numbers and 3 voyage numbers. All are booked on the same ship and same cabin for all 3 cruises. Wonder how this will work when we check in for the first cruise ?

It works just like any other check in no different. On the Royal in Sept. we did a b2b and on the Star this past Feb/Mar we did a b2b2b. On both we were in the same cabin for the entire cruise. We only received one cruise card for the entire voyage. Look in the upper left hand corner of the cruise card it will mention all the dates. You may receive a new cruise card if you change Captain's Circle statue after the first or second leg.

On a B2B out of FLL in February 2014 we were glad we brought our second boarding passes. We were bringing on 4 bottles of wine (2 each) and we had to show the staff at the 'wine table' both boarding passes to prove we were entitled to the extra bottles.

If your not changing rooms you should have the same cruise card for the second week. Check the dates on the S&S card and they will be for 2 weeks or the length of your cruise. Our last 2 B2B we had the same card for 2 weeks, we always have the same room for the 2 weeks also.

They will have their cruise card.

But you go to the staff at the wine table immediately after the security check and before you get your cruise card so bring both boarding passes if bringing on wine for both/all cruises.

But you go to the staff at the wine table immediately after the security check and before you get your cruise card so bring both boarding passes if bringing on wine for both/all cruises.

Good point I guess.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

For us we won't have wine. We will be in different cabins. We booked the later cruise first and about a week later added the sooner cruise. Different booking numbers. Did the TA have to do anything to connect them? Will the ship realize we are staying on board if the TA didn't do anything special to the reservations?

For us we won't have wine. We will be in different cabins. We booked the later cruise first and about a week later added the sooner cruise. Different booking numbers. Did the TA have to do anything to connect them? Will the ship realize we are staying on board if the TA didn't do anything special to the reservations?

TA needs to ask Princess to link the booking numbers.

Yes Princess will still know.

Question for a friend - they have booked a 20-day cruise on Royal that is also sold as 2 10-day cruises. (We will join them for the second 10 days)

Will they still be considered "in transit" on the turnaround day in FLL?

From comments here, it looks like they will have 1 cruise card for the 20-days?

Since they booked as 20-days, they can only bring on 1 bottle of wine each?

They are in a suite and will get 2 cruise credits but I think I have read on CC that sometimes the Captains Circle Host can get them double credits since the 20-day is also sold as 2 10-day cruises?

Whew! Hope I made some sense there!:eek:

On a B2B out of FLL in February 2014 we were glad we brought our second boarding passes. We were bringing on 4 bottles of wine (2 each) and we had to show the staff at the 'wine table' both boarding passes to prove we were entitled to the extra bottles.

Great idea. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7T1-8PCX7tczMs0REQiB0LoSQS20MvULBuEErif-8XlPJCJY4Plus the fact that you can get off the ship in-between cruises & get a few more bottles.

We did a b2b in February that was two booking numbers. When we checked in at the terminal and got our cruise cards they had a cruise date on them that covered both cruises. We did not need or get a new card for the second leg of the b2b. On previous b2bs we did get a new card for the second leg.

We always print and take the boarding passes for both cruises and show them both when we check in but I don't think it is required.

Question for a friend - they have booked a 20-day cruise on Royal that is also sold as 2 10-day cruises. (We will join them for the second 10 days)

Will they still be considered "in transit" on the turnaround day in FLL?

From comments here, it looks like they will have 1 cruise card for the 20-days?

Since they booked as 20-days, they can only bring on 1 bottle of wine each?

They are in a suite and will get 2 cruise credits but I think I have read on CC that sometimes the Captains Circle Host can get them double credits since the 20-day is also sold as 2 10-day cruises?

Whew! Hope I made some sense there!:eek:

I have experienced the same circumstances and this is what happened to me.

They will be considered in transit on turn around day.

They will have one cruise card for the entire 20 days.

1 bottle per person per cruise.

They need to tell the Captains Circle host to add the extra cruise credits to their cruise history.

I have experienced the same circumstances and this is what happened to me.

They will be considered in transit on turn around day.

They will have one cruise card for the entire 20 days.

1 bottle per person per cruise.

They need to tell the Captains Circle host to add the extra cruise credits to their cruise history.

Thanks for the reply!

If they look at their cruise history online they should already see that they will be getting 4 credits each for the b2b cruise in a suite. It doesnt matter how it was booked. This changed sometime last year. So no need to visit the Captains Circle host if it already shows correctly online.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

If they look at their cruise history online they should already see that they will be getting 4 credits each for the b2b cruise in a suite. It doesnt matter how it was booked. This changed sometime last year. So no need to visit the Captains Circle host if it already shows correctly online.

Terry

I'm booked in mini suite, same thing 20 day, which also sells as 2 10 days.

I was planning on going to captain circle for second half. ( will b great if I don't have too). My question and the main reason for wanting the extra cruise credit, is if it is allowed as two cruises, then the second week we move up to platinum. I am hopeful, and assuming we will get new card and perks in second leg??? Mostly wanting the free internet minutes ;)

My previous bob on princess we had booked as separate cruises, unlike this one.

Edited by ldock
Addition

Terry

Just checked and yes captains circle does state 2 credits, thanks for the info!!

In the past when bumping up to Platinum in the middle of a b2b, even if it is booked as a single longer cruise, you would get new cards and get the free internet package for the second leg of e cruise.

Some recent changes have been cards that go the duration of the cruise though I think you will still get new cards to recognize your new Platinum status.

Also in the past you used to get separate internet packages based on each of the shorter cruises but this has changed to receiving internet packages based on how you booked the cruise. So that *could* make it so you wouldn't get free internet on the second leg of the cruise but if so I would visit the Captains Circle person. They might give it to you.

Terry