Parking At Bayonne

On the East Coast Board we only recommend parking at the port for $19/day or a limited number of park/sleeps. There is one parking option we don't recommend because of lack of insurance for the parking and the transportation.

We always recommend you've selective about were you ditch your car in the ?Newark/Bayonne area.

On the East Coast Board we only recommend parking at the port for $19/day or a limited number of park/sleeps. There is one parking option we don't recommend because of lack of insurance for the parking and the transportation.

We always recommend you've selective about were you ditch your car in the ?Newark/Bayonne area.

Would you please expand on what insurance has to do with Bayonne parking? The parking ticket at Bayonne port is like any other parking lot, it says they are not responsible for anything.

Found this online.... http://premierparkingusa.com/cruise-parking/port-liberty

I don't know anything about it, other than what its site says. It is a lot cheaper than right at the port, and they do offer free shuttles. Usually one just gives the driver a small tip per passenger...

It is not quite as convenient as parking at the port itself, but if you are on a longer cruise, especially, it does offer an attractive savings...

Found this online.... http://premierparkingusa.com/cruise-parking/port-liberty

I don't know anything about it, other than what its site says. It is a lot cheaper than right at the port, and they do offer free shuttles. Usually one just gives the driver a small tip per passenger...

It is not quite as convenient as parking at the port itself, but if you are on a longer cruise, especially, it does offer an attractive savings...

Them $189.00, Parking at the port $228.00.Not worth $39.00 savings ( before tip to shuttle driver ) to me for a 12 day cruise.If for no other reason then waiting to get pick up after cruise.

Would you please expand on what insurance has to do with Bayonne parking? The parking ticket at Bayonne port is like any other parking lot, it says they are not responsible for anything.

There have been paint spray issues in past years at the Bayonne port parking that were covered by insurance. People whose cars were affected by paint spray were able get reimbursed by insurance.

The offsite Bayonne parking offers shuttle transportation to and from the port which appears to NOT have the appropriate insurance coverage required by the State of New Jersey. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579572&page=2

One option is to stay at this hotel and park your car there with their package:

Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport

The best park/sleep at the Ramada is through Trinityreservations.com. It is quoted tax included and offers round trip port transportation for up to 4 people.

premier parking's drivers and or the compant themselves, do not carry sufficient liability insurance to tranport passengers....their are also questions about being properly licensed in Nj.

they do not offer airport parking to my knowledge, reason being, they are not licensed/insured to drive onto airport property to pick up pax.

suit yourself, save money, whatever....knowing that they will hire anyone with a van to schlep people...

pay and park at the pier and be safe and secure...

the paint overspray issue ended years ago

I have no problem leaving my car at Bayonne. It's very convenient. I also figure that there's a lot less in and out traffic (and that's when cars get dinged) because everyone is on the cruise at the same time.

exactly. What is wrong with port parking?

We live in Woodbridge which is 30 minute drive to the port and have our daughter take us to the port.The best part is when we are heading to the gang plank we call her and by the time we come outside she is pulling up.

There have been paint spray issues in past years at the Bayonne port parking that were covered by insurance. People whose cars were affected by paint spray were able get reimbursed by insurance.

The offsite Bayonne parking offers shuttle transportation to and from the port which appears to NOT have the appropriate insurance coverage required by the State of New Jersey. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579572&page=2

Still has nothing to do with the parking authority at Bayonne. The company refurbishing ships paid for the painting. :)

Your ticket says they have no responsibility for your car.

premier parking's drivers and or the compant themselves, do not carry sufficient liability insurance to tranport passengers....their are also questions about being properly licensed in Nj.

A couple of people here will constantly trash this operation. They have been doing this for YEARS. If the company was not licensed or carried insufficient insurance, they would be long gone. I'm not sure of the motive here.

Having said that, our complaint was using only two small vans to go back and forth to the ship. We had a wait of about an hour to get from the lot to the ship. Having said that, it was significantly cheaper, so you have to weigh the options.

We live in Woodbridge which is 30 minute drive to the port and have our daughter take us to the port.The best part is when we are heading to the gang plank we call her and by the time we come outside she is pulling up.

I live in Woodbridge too!!!