Princess transport from Southampton to Heathrow

Princess18

Wondering if Princess offers one-way transport from Southampton back to Heathrow airport? On other Princess cruises, we have been able to purchase transport from the port to the airport - while on the ship. While onboard, we received a form in our cabin, requesting we provide Princess with our departing flight information and there is always an option to purchase return transport to the airport. This is how it's handled out of Ft Lauderdale and other US ports. Wondering if this is available from Southampton? Note, we cannot purch Princess' round trip transport package, since we are arriving early. Thanks for any info.

Wondering if Princess offers one-way transport from Southampton back to Heathrow airport? On other Princess cruises, we have been able to purchase transport from the port to the airport - while on the ship. While onboard, we received a form in our cabin, requesting we provide Princess with our departing flight information and there is always an option to purchase return transport to the airport. This is how it's handled out of Ft Lauderdale and other US ports. Wondering if this is available from Southampton? Note, we cannot purch Princess' round trip transport package, since we are arriving early. Thanks for any info.

Yes it is. We took the Princess transfer last October from Southampton to Heathrow. Our TA added it for us, but it was also available for purchase onboard.

I am pretty certain that once on board this is offered during the cruise if you ask. I have finished at Southampton in the past but obviously, ex UK not paid that much attention to it. I do also remember that when looking at the disembarkation groups Red 6, Blue 3, Gold 1 etc. that they had colours which related to "coach to Gatwick flights 2-4pm" "coach to Heathrow flights 2-5pm" etc. I think this is all run by the shore excursions people, certainly the reception service desk will know in good time. In my opinion it is reasonably safe to try to book on board and have a fall back plan of a pre-booked taxi from Southampton to Heathrow as an airport transfer by booking using the internet on board. The transfer from Southampton to Heathrow in a private taxi will likely be something around $200.00 in a 5/6 seater so worth avoiding if possible

Regards John.

Note, we cannot purch Princess' round trip transport package, since we are arriving early. Thanks for any info.

You might want to check on that.. I think I read in a trip report that Princess has transfers from select spots in London for people that arrive early.

By the way, I still have my documents from the cruise last October. The cost was $54 per person, and it was exactly the same cost for pre-purchase or if bought on board. They also have a transfer option that includes a visit to either Stonehenge or Windsor Castle for an additional cost. We did the Stonehenge / airport transfer a few years ago and it was a nice option and beat waiting extra hours either on board or at Heathrow.

Princess usually picks up at Victoria Station too, regardless of how many days pre-cruise you've done. Same on disembarkation. They have transfers to Victoria (think it's the bus station, not the train station) that you can purchase once onboard. They may have another pick up/drop off point as well.

Princess usually picks up at Victoria Station too, regardless of how many days pre-cruise you've done. Same on disembarkation. They have transfers to Victoria (think it's the bus station, not the train station) that you can purchase once onboard. They may have another pick up/drop off point as well.

You can also get a Princess xfer from the airport on embarkation day even if you arrived a day or more earlier.

We were in London 5 days before our cruise and our TA was able to get us Princess transfers round trip. We just had to go to Victoria Station to pick up the bus for Southampton (they wouldn't pick up at the hotel) and after the cruise, we were taken to Gatwick airport from the ship. :)

We were in London 5 days before our cruise and our TA was able to get us Princess transfers round trip. We just had to go to Victoria Station to pick up the bus for Southampton (they wouldn't pick up at the hotel) and after the cruise, we were taken to Gatwick airport from the ship. :)

This is what we plan on doing. Was there a Princess rep at the bus terminal? Is it a Princess bus or a charter? What time did the bus depart? I guess my real question is, was it easy to find the bus you needed to be on?

This is what we plan on doing. Was there a Princess rep at the bus terminal? Is it a Princess bus or a charter? What time did the bus depart? I guess my real question is, was it easy to find the bus you needed to be on?

Yes, the reps are there and direct you to the waiting area. They take your luggage and put it on a truck to the ship. Then you board the Princess charters. When a bus is full, it leaves for the ship. There are several buses waiting to fill up. We departed about 1:00 pm. Our luggage was in our cabin when we arrived.:) Enjoy your cruise.:D

Yes, the reps are there and direct you to the waiting area. They take your luggage and put it on a truck to the ship. Then you board the Princess charters. When a bus is full, it leaves for the ship. There are several buses waiting to fill up. We departed about 1:00 pm. Our luggage was in our cabin when we arrived.:) Enjoy your cruise.:D

Perfect! Thanks so much.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get from Heathrow to London? (We have Princess transfers from Victoria Station to Southampton and from Southampton back to Heathrow.) We're going into London a few days early, but taking the train with two huge pieces of luggage, and we're in our 70's, isn't really optimal. I;ve seen postings about the availability of private cars but they had no details about cost or reliability. I've heard the cabs are outrageous! Thanks!!

How did you get from Heathrow to London? (We have Princess transfers from Victoria Station to Southampton and from Southampton back to Heathrow.) We're going into London a few days early, but taking the train with two huge pieces of luggage, and we're in our 70's, isn't really optimal. I;ve seen postings about the availability of private cars but they had no details about cost or reliability. I've heard the cabs are outrageous! Thanks!!

I always take Heathrow Express, the train that goes directly from inside the terminal to Paddington Station, then grab a cab to my hotel. This is the fastest, easiest, least-expensive way (well, the tube is cheapest, but that's a nightmare with luggage.)

A taxi isn't going to be more "outrageous" than a private car option -- vice versa, I'd imagine.

I have used (3x and again in Aug) a private car hire http://www.justairports.com from LHR to our London hotel and Hotel to LHR. To get a quote use your hotel's postal code. The cost is per car.

I have used http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html and found them to be excellent. They will reply promptly with an accurate price quote so you can compare them with other ways to get into London.

OTOH, I have also found that using the Heathrow Express then a taxi to my hotel works well - the train is specially set up for travellers with luggage (OK you must be able to wheel it around), it's not a crowded commuter train.

As a solo traveller, the train is cheaper for me as it is a fare per person, but with two or more the car could well be worth the comfort since it is priced per car, not per person.

Edited by jollyjones

Yes it is. We took the Princess transfer last October from Southampton to Heathrow. Our TA added it for us, but it was also available for purchase onboard.

You can also purchase transfers either way (from Heathrow to Southampton or Southampton to Heathrow) through your Princess Cruises Personalizer. To purchase only one transfer from the pier to Heathrow, click the Flights and Transfers tabs and look under Transfers. The cost of a Princess transfer from the pier at Southampton to Heathrow is now $59.

Edited by Mackenzie1