3 Women & A Daddy... Ditching the mega ships, for RCI's simpler side, with the kids!

Thanks for the offer!!! So awesome people think we'd be cool to sail with.

November is a TV "ratings sweeps" period, I work in TV industry and can't vacation during that month.

We're looking at October. Some friends are sailing then, and really want us to join them.

I have SO enjoyed this review!!! Your family is beautiful and the pics of your daughters made me smile every time.

Seeing your daughter with her Seapass card at school reminded me of my son. He takes his Seapass to school too!

This review has definitely made the smaller ships more attractive. I've only been on Voyager class and have FOS coming up in November. But maybe we'll look at a Radiance class for 2016.

Again, great review. Thanks for sharing!

Tamara, don't hesitate.

I didn't think I could go back to a ship without a promenade.

We want to do the southern route, and always felt Adventure was our only option. Both ships are getting full attention now.

Carl, I'm in prioritizing mode right now. There's a great deal on Enchantment this year, Oasis with friends next year, I really want to do Anthem, and a Southern route....

But then again, I REALLY want to pay off some credit cards, and the Mrs. really wants a new car.

I haven't figured out which of the 3's wins out just yet. Cruise, Car, or Credit Cards

Tamara, don't hesitate.

I didn't think I could go back to a ship without a promenade.

We want to do the southern route, and always felt Adventure was our only option. Both ships are getting full attention now.

Carl, I'm in prioritizing mode right now. There's a great deal on Enchantment this year, Oasis with friends next year, I really want to do Anthem, and a Southern route....

But then again, I REALLY want to pay off some credit cards, and the Mrs. really wants a new car.

I haven't figured out which of the 3's wins out just yet. Cruise, Car, or Credit Cards

Sadly, I am going to have to vote for you paying off the credit cards.

On another note, it is kind funny that mega ship guy Wayne is thinking about going on an even smaller ship than the Serenade and anti-Promenade Carl is going on a big Freedom class ship. :)

Carl,

I don't know that I'll like Enchantment, it's basically we can be gone monday - friday, and pay less than half the cost of Serenade. Makes it hard to pass up.

and yes, credit cards are my priority too which is likely the only reason you don't need a countdown in my signature.

JFontaine, that's so very kind of you

Any others considering a sailing with kids, I also suggest keeping an eye out for the "kids sail free sale" If they do that again, the credit cards are likely out of luck!

Carl,

I don't know that I'll like Enchantment, it's basically we can be gone monday - friday, and pay less than half the cost of Serenade. Makes it hard to pass up.

and yes, credit cards are my priority too which is likely the only reason you don't need a countdown in my signature.

JFontaine, that's so very kind of you

Any others considering a sailing with kids, I also suggest keeping an eye out for the "kids sail free sale" If they do that again, the credit cards are likely out of luck!

You are pretty easy going so I am sure you will like Enchantment too. I booked last weekend and I swore I seen a 3rd and 4th sail free on 2015 dates but think that promo ended after the weekend.

• 1 year later...

I absolutely enjoyed "meeting" you and your family through this review. Your "dad and daughter date night" took me back to the many date nights I had with my own dad as a child. You are making beautiful memories that your girls will always cherish.

I don't even HAVE kids, yet I was drawn to read this review about cruising with them. That is a credit to both your writing style and your family. I loved how you were both concerned with the girls' safety, yet flexible enough to go with the flow.

I run annual cruises for people with fibromyalgia. I often hear things like "I can't do any of those activities," "I don't know why anyone with this illness would attempt a cruise," etc. from those who haven't come to terms yet with their limits. Your review demonstrates that you don't have to "party all night," or take advantage of endless activities in order to enjoy a cruise with family and friends. With planning and flexibility, a cruise is something EVERYONE can enjoy.

Awesome review and what a beautiful family you have!

My husband and I have cruised three times pre-baby but in September we will be cruising for the first time with our 27 month old on an extended trip. We did a two day cruise when my son was 7 months old. We had hoped to use the Royal tots/nursery on board and after reading your review and seeing how well your daughter was treated, I feel much more comfortable with using that service. We are the same way about our son, only close family watches him on occasion so we are looking forward to utilizing those services to hopefully catch a show and have dinner at Chops :-). Thank you!