Embassy Suites, Really!

luvscruising2007

I love threads that are addressed to the hotels themselves......I'm guessing that the folks at the Hilton corporate offices are not reading a cruise message board and worrying about if one person is unhappy with the rates. :roll eyes:

• 4 months later...
If your night is April 7, Embassy is only $219 on my website. Might want to recheck.

I checked and you are correct. The current rate using the Hilton Honors is $219. But, we would have to add on a parking fee so the total is about $100 more than we are paying where we booked. I am satisfied with our selection, maybe next time we'll stay at Embassy.

• 3 months later...

I just thought the hotels were priced this much. There is 4 of us flying into Fort Lauderdale or Miami and then taking the tri rail cause we are staying at the courtyard for $350 that includes airport shuttle and port shuttle. Am I paying too much? Still time to search but going November 2016

I just thought the hotels were priced this much. There is 4 of us flying into Fort Lauderdale or Miami and then taking the tri rail cause we are staying at the courtyard for $350 that includes airport shuttle and port shuttle. Am I paying too much? Still time to search but going November 2016
'

What Courtyard where?

There are probably 50 Courtyard Marriotts in South Florida.

What are your dates?

Boat Show and the Courtyard FLL Beach? No, that is a decent rate.

Courtyard by the Hollywood Tri Rail Station? During boat show? Still probably okay. Not boat show? Expensive.

'

Boat Show and the Courtyard FLL Beach? No, that is a decent rate.

Courtyard by the Hollywood Tri Rail Station? During boat show? Still probably okay. Not boat show? Expensive.

mothergooselinz - Boat Show 2016 dates are November 3 -7.

Edited by capriccio

I've been tracking hotels in FLL for our cruise in Jan 2016. The rates are astronomical the earlier you book. If you can wait....if you can book about 14-10 days out the prices really drop. Been checking out Hilton, ES, Hyatt, Renaissance, others close to PE. I started watching the prices 6 months out....using a popular hotel aggregator website..and if you look right now (our cruise is Jan 22) for days 2 nights prior - booking about 40 days out the prices range from $289 and up. If you change the search parameters and look at the same hotels say 7 days out, the prices are 60% less. Not all, but the big hotels have rooms that are just taking up space and they need the cash flow, even at a reduced rate. Of course, booking later does result in some element of chance and you might not get your first pick. However, FLL is built around tourism and the cruise ports and there are tons of rooms to fill - that is in your favor.

I've been tracking hotels in FLL for our cruise in Jan 2016. The rates are astronomical the earlier you book. If you can wait....if you can book about 14-10 days out the prices really drop. Been checking out Hilton, ES, Hyatt, Renaissance, others close to PE. I started watching the prices 6 months out....using a popular hotel aggregator website..and if you look right now (our cruise is Jan 22) for days 2 nights prior - booking about 40 days out the prices range from $289 and up. If you change the search parameters and look at the same hotels say 7 days out, the prices are 60% less. Not all, but the big hotels have rooms that are just taking up space and they need the cash flow, even at a reduced rate. Of course, booking later does result in some element of chance and you might not get your first pick. However, FLL is built around tourism and the cruise ports and there are tons of rooms to fill - that is in your favor.

Just consider that 7 days out and you are still looking in December is not a prediction for January, February, March and April. By Christmas/New Years you begin the high season in south Florida. Prices will most likely go up not down for last minute bookings in January, February, March and April. Especially if you are booking around Martin Luther King weekend in January, and Presidents Day week in February. Once you get to March you are contending with college spring breaks and by April you are contending with public school spring breaks and Easter and Passover.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotels in fort lauderdale is sky high from January thru August. In September thru November the prices are descend. Less than half of January prices. If you staying in FLL area try going Sept-- November. I will only book cruises out of that area during that time frame.Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Hotels in fort lauderdale is sky high from January thru August. In September thru November the prices are descend. Less than half of January prices. If you staying in FLL area try going Sept-- November. I will only book cruises out of that area during that time frame.Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

You are right about high prices but they begin at Christmas and start to go down by May when the high season is over and the rainy/summer season starts. No way should anyone be paying 'sky high' prices in June, July and August! It is hot, humid and hurricane season - they almost give away hotel rooms then (1/3 to 1/2 the high season cost is not uncommon).

Our season is mid October through Easter or the end of April.

July and August are off season for us. Certainly not sky high.

September is off season and prices go right back up October and November when the Canadian and Northeastern snow birds and the people from the Nordic Countries start heading to town.

I had 3 hotels booked for my trip in February 2016. I shopped around, locked in a couple decent rates and then weighed out my options. The prices generally are only going to go up from here. I happened to get a deal on Cyber Monday for the Hilton Ft Laud Marina and for 2 nights with tax the total was $402, its showing 299 plus tax per night for the same place now. Good Luck

I had 3 hotels booked for my trip in February 2016. I shopped around, locked in a couple decent rates and then weighed out my options. The prices generally are only going to go up from here. I happened to get a deal on Cyber Monday for the Hilton Ft Laud Marina and for 2 nights with tax the total was $402, its showing 299 plus tax per night for the same place now. Good Luck

President's week; one of the highest seasonal rates.

i would be happy to stay at es, buy the price is so out of line compared to other properties i have researched. The hampton inn near the port is about $250. Es is showing $319, plus the tax levied and we would pay a night's parking. I could see if they were running $50 or so different but i just don't see the early evening reception to be worth that difference.

Starting the thread, i was hoping someone might explain why they are willing to pay over $300 a night for this hotel. Jmo

your ? Has been answered already

I checked and you are correct. The current rate using the Hilton Honors is $219. But, we would have to add on a parking fee so the total is about $100 more than we are paying where we booked. I am satisfied with our selection, maybe next time we'll stay at Embassy.

I would check comfort suites airport and cruise located on federal hwy prices seem reasonable and excellent reviews on trip advisor

Yeah. We looked at this hotel too as everyone seems to recommend it, but it's 3x the price of other hotels. We ended up booking Comfort Suites (changing to Sheraton) for similar area .

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Yeah. We looked at this hotel too as everyone seems to recommend it, but it's 3x the price of other hotels. We ended up booking Comfort Suites (changing to Sheraton) for similar area .

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

ok it's the same hotel we booked it for our cruise in May

• 1 month later...

Guess I was really fortunate to get ES for $208 for 4/9/16[emoji33]

We booked a the cruise in Nov. For our return night we are paying only $146 per night for 4/17. Both nights are AAA rates.

Last year for our March cruise, we booked it only one month before and had to pay around $300 per night for the Hyatt Place near the Embassy Suites, so I feel like we were lucky to get this year's hotel deal. Rooms in Ft Lauderdale have gotten a lot pricier over the last few years. In 2003 we paid only $64 to stay at the ES on a Hotwire rate

Edited by 4cats4me

Guess I was really fortunate to get ES for $208 for 4/9/16[emoji33]

We booked a the cruise in Nov. For our return night we are paying only $146 per night for 4/17. Both nights are AAA rates.

Last year for our March cruise, we booked it only one month before and had to pay around $300 per night for the Hyatt Place near the Embassy Suites, so I feel like we were lucky to get this year's hotel deal. Rooms in Ft Lauderdale have gotten a lot pricier over the last few years. In 2003 we paid only $64 to stay at the ES on a Hotwire rate

I have a group booking at a Port Everglades hotel for $189 on April 9th if you know anyone that needs a room. You have to book directly with the hotel. Contact me for the details.

I have been researching hotels for our next cruise, April 2016. I love Embassy Suites hotels, but the pricing in Fort Lauderdale is out of sight. We'll be driving from Maryland and staying in hotels along the way, making an extra stop in St.Augustine. So, our hotel in Fort Lauderdale needs to be reasonable. How can you justify their high costs? Not really criticizing but curious. We are planning to stay away from the port and make a reasonable drive on cruise day. Just waiting now until our date is released.

We cancelled a booking for E/S because we decided there was simply no reason for us to stay in FLL. We've driving from North Alabama which is a fourteen hour drive. We stayed in FLL our last two cruises. We get up around 0600 and can't board the boat until 1200 or so. Since we are driving and don't need to worry about weather and can control our travel, we decided it would be better to just arrive in FLL around 1200. We driving about 10 hours to Ocala where we will spend the night. Should be about a four or four and a half hour drive to the port. If we leave around 7AM, then we'll arrive at the port at about the right time to board.

I notice you're staying at St. Augustine. Not sure if there is a specific reason (friends) to stay there. You might consider driving another hour or so. Then you'd have about a four hour drive as well. Even from St. Augustine, if you're on the road by 7AM, you could be in the port area around 1230.

BTW, one of the reasons folks like the E/S, is that it is a safe choice. Not referring to the area around the E/S, but to the E/S itself. If you're flying in and you're unfamiliar with the area, you know what you will get. Sure, there are other hotels with similar offerings but the E/S will always deliver.