Ryndam - Sailaway - Sunday, April 19th

Rowsby

And she is in good shape for you! We are passing Cancun now and will bring her in early Sunday morning.

Lovely cruise- such good staff. And the ship

Is in very good shape. Now if we could just get rid of the cigar smoking that is wafting up to my position out back of the Lido!

I'm planning on waving so long from the pier at Ft DeSoto Sunday, April 19, as the Ryndam leaves Tampa Bay for her last time. That pier is the closest place to the channel after leaving Tampa. I'll be checking marine tracker for approx time. Expecting departure to be delayed from Tampa as it usually needs extra time to load all the provisions before heading to Europe.

Sounds like this sailaway will be bitter sweet for a lot of us...hate to see her go...!!

I had really wanted to take this cruise...but just couldn't arrange the dates.....

I think they have about 85 signed up for their Meet & Greet on Monday...

Some of them are meeting at the aft seaview pool during sailaway...and wearing mardi gras beads to recognize each other...

Maybe we will be able to see them if the camera zooms in....:)

Never got to travel on her and thus never got a model of the ship for my collection. I love the S-class ship size, I am particularly fond of Maasdam, I had always wanted to sail on her sisters. Being close to Tampa we have gone to see Ryndam sail a few times. We just got off Maasdam yesterday and plan on being over in Tampa tomorrow to wave goodbye to her sister.

Our first ever cruise was on this beautiful ship exactly 10 years ago. Have sailed on several ships since then, but the beautiful Ryndam is still our favorite. I will be watching the sailaway with probably a few tears in my eyes. How I wish I were aboard!!

Also, Ryndam has one of her tender/lifeboats in the water. We saw them do that on Maasdam and use it as a floating work station around the bow. As of right now this one is still in the water.

On another note, Norwegian Sun is just about to start her muster drill.

Now have a firetruck and two ambulance shown up.