So….Which specialty restaurant??

chill6x6

We prefer the Crown Grill/Bayou Café, depending on which ship we are on. We have eaten in Sabatini's but normally it is the steak house.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

So we have a suite booked aboard the Caribbean Princess and included is complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening. Which one would YOU pick?

The question totally begs a subjective answer. With that said, we like both, but prefer the steakhouse. But you might not like either.:)

We always go to each (whether we have a 'free' meal or not) on every cruise and then sometimes chose to go for a second time to one or the other depending on which we enjoyed more. That varies from ship to ship and chef to chef.

We always go to each (whether we have a 'free' meal or not) on every cruise and then sometimes chose to go for a second time to one or the other depending on which we enjoyed more. That varies from ship to ship and chef to chef.

We do the same as above! :)

LuLu

We also always do both and love them both for different reasons (and cuisines, of course). But we do prefer to start with Crown Grill as Sabatini's can be heavier/higher fat content food (depending on what one orders, of course) and we don't want to start right out feeling too stuffed. :eek:

I'm glad to hear you are getting it free, because I would never pay for the privilege again.

I just got off the emerald - was my first time on Princess. I was really disappointed with the Crown. The food quality was not that good, I sent a steak back because it was tough, which made my SO wait for me to get a new steak. Plus the presentation stinks. I've dined at Palo on Disney and the Olympic on Celebrity - 3 times in each . The service was amazing and the presentation - I had a salad I took more time taking pictures of than eating because it was so beautifully presented.

The crown throws your sides in a bowl and says "here you go!". Presentation for steaks means your waiter slops some gravy on your plate. There wasn't even a garnish - just meat and sloppy gravy. The sirloin I ate in the MDR on the last night of my cruise was just as good as what I got in the crown and I didn't need to pay for it.

I think if you are going to pay for something it had better be really good and be more than dinner. It should be an event to remember. I had neither. I think you should enjoy the free meal, but I wouldn't recommend the Crown to anyone.

Edited by Justjayce

We always do both and enjoy both of them. If I had to pick just one it would probably be the Crown Grill. We have only been disappointed in the specialty steak restaurant once and that was in the Bayou Café on the Island last year.

Crown Grill for us...:)

But be aware that (from what I have been told by our TA) when you book a cruise with this promo, which we did for our upcoming cruise in December, Princess actually assigns your free specialty dining place & time.

Now she also told me that if it didn't work for us we could get with the Maitre d' to see about getting it changed, but no guarantee....

I guess I will find out for certain come December ;)

I just reread your post OP...looks like yours is due to booking a suite...correct ??

In that case you will be able to choose which restaurant...my bad if so...but for anyone else that books under the free specialty dining offer/promo that Princess occasionally runs, the above would apply...

Edited by TLC535

Crown Grill for us...:)

But be aware that (from what I have been told by our TA) when you book a cruise with this promo, which we did for our upcoming cruise in December, Princess actually assigns your free specialty dining place & time.

Now she also told me that if it didn't work for us we could get with the Maitre d' to see about getting it changed, but no guarantee....

I guess I will find out for certain come December ;)

I just reread your post OP...looks like yours is due to booking a suite...correct ??

In that case you will be able to choose which restaurant...my bad if so...but for anyone else that books under the free specialty dining offer/promo that Princess occasionally runs, the above would apply...

On a recent cruise we had specialty dining included with the booking. There was a card in the cabin telling us we were booked at Sabatini's for a certain night. I just called the DINE line and had it changed to Crown Grill on a different night. Not a problem at all. Just be sure you bring the card with you to the dining venue as they will need it to give you the "free" dinner.

Right now I'd love to be eating at either specialty venue, MDR, HC, Trident Grill, IC, or anywhere onboard a ship. Instead, I'm sitting here at work. Poop.