Private departure lounge with continental breakfast?

I was just looking over the benefits of Crown & Anchor and had a question. We are still only Gold but I noticed one of the benefits stated: Private departure lounge with continental breakfast. How does this work? We knew nothing about it during our last cruise. :confused:

I was just looking over the benefits of Crown & Anchor and had a question. We are still only Gold but I noticed one of the benefits stated: Private departure lounge with continental breakfast. How does this work? We knew nothing about it during our last cruise. :confused:

Yoiu should have received a letter towards the end of your cruise called "As You Depart". This letter usually has details of the departure lounges and timings.

"Private" with a few hundred of your closest friends :)

True :)

Usually it will be in the dining room or a lounge. The breakfast is pastries and coffee and juice.

What's nice about it to me is that you *usually* get to get off the ship ahead of the other folks. I appreciate this benefit because I'm usually trying to get a fairly early flight. I just get breakfast at the airport.

True :)

Usually it will be in the dining room or a lounge. The breakfast is pastries and coffee and juice.

What's nice about it to me is that you *usually* get to get off the ship ahead of the other folks. I appreciate this benefit because I'm usually trying to get a fairly early flight. I just get breakfast at the airport.

My understanding is priority departure is for diamond and above and suite guests. Op is gold. I doubt they will be high on the early departure list.:)

The last time we tried to use it, it was packed to the gills, no place to sit. No one was checking cards to see if people belonged or not, so many just wandered in on their own. We just stayed outside the room where we could hear the departure messages. If you do plan to use it, go EARLY to get a place to sit.

Last time we used the private departure lounge they were checking people for their status. To be honest with you, it's crowded and there are a few pastries, juice and coffee, and it really wasn't that special. Now, we have a nice breakfast in the WJ and by the time we finish, they have called our early color and we are ready to depart and head either to the airport or hit the road. The last morning sucks anyway and the private departure lounge doesn't ease the pain or make you feel special. In fact, it makes it pretty clear that "they're just not that into you" at that point...lol

Lol..."continental"...bread and coffee!

Breakfast on the last morning is earlier than normal....we usually miss it, as we're not used to getting up that early after a week of relaxing! We'll grab something at or on the way to the airport!

My understanding is priority departure is for diamond and above and suite guests. Op is gold. I doubt they will be high on the early departure list.:)

As someone else said, I also used it when I was platinum. There may be a different, more "special" place for D/D+ and suites. :)

I find it helpful now with the change to people being able to carry off their bags instead of only leaving them out overnight and picking them up based on their color. There is always a long line of people waiting to get off the ship when we clear customs, and I have been able to go ahead of the non-CA cruisers every time. To me, it's worth it to get ahead of the crowd; I don't care about the breakfast. It just depends on what you need.

Edited by bluegirlum

As someone else said, I also used it when I was platinum. There may be a different, more "special" place for D/D+ and suites. :)

I find it helpful now with the change to people being able to carry off their bags instead of only leaving them out overnight and picking them up based on their color. There is always a long line of people waiting to get off the ship when we clear customs, and I have been able to go ahead of the non-CA cruisers every time. To me, it's worth it to get ahead of the crowd; I don't care about the breakfast. It just depends on what you need.

There are seperate areas for each group, yes. But my point was gold doesn't get first priority. It starts with pinnacle and suites and then diamond plus and then diamonds. They get priority from the priority list;) I was referring to actuaL priority departure opposed to a waiting area and breakfast;)

I was responding to a comment referring to getting off before everyone else. As gold, you are unlikely to be getting off before too many people was the point I was trying to make.

I am aware that every level has a breakfast and so called priority departure lounge, however given the percentage of passengers that are gold or above, that's like saying the whole shop gets priority to disembark:D

Edited by Spurschick

I think I remember using it when platinum so I guess it starts then.

Just to further clarify. As per member benefits all levels get departure lounge,, but priority departure is diamond and above

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

If any other levels get priority departure then another example of royal being inconsistent;)!!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

We just got off the NOS on Sunday. We were in a GS. As far as I could tell the only ones that were in the lounge as per our luggage tags we Suite/Pinnacle.

We could get our food in the Windjammer then take it into Chops, where we could get coffee, water or juice.

The biggest benefit is the priority of disembarkation:D

We just got off the NOS on Sunday. We were in a GS. As far as I could tell the only ones that were in the lounge as per our luggage tags we Suite/Pinnacle.

We could get our food in the Windjammer then take it into Chops, where we could get coffee, water or juice.

The biggest benefit is the priority of disembarkation:D

Yes, only suites and pinnacle in your lounge. Suites and pinnacles get off first. Diamond plus held in different area, get off second.

Diamond held in another area get off third, so on and so forth. There are multiple areas throughout the ship, normally in speciality restaurants or certain sections of the MDR. Each group is held somewhere different due to capacity limitations and to ensure priority departure of the correct guests at the correct times.

Agree the disembarkation is great:D

Edited by Spurschick

What ships are allowing D+ or even D members off early? Every ship I've been on we could get an earlier number but anyone can at guest services. Only once on the Jewel years ago did they have express departure for C&A status. I just assumed it was another benefit that went away.

There are seperate areas for each group, yes. But my point was gold doesn't get first priority. It starts with pinnacle and suites and then diamond plus and then diamonds. They get priority from the priority list;) I was referring to actuaL priority departure opposed to a waiting area and breakfast;)

I was responding to a comment referring to getting off before everyone else. As gold, you are unlikely to be getting off before too many people was the point I was trying to make.

I am aware that every level has a breakfast and so called priority departure lounge, however given the percentage of passengers that are gold or above, that's like saying the whole shop gets priority to disembark:D

Oh, ok. My bad. Sorry for the confusion. :eek: I'm going to still let myself feel kind of special that I'm not the last one off the ship. :D

Yes, only suites and pinnacle in your lounge. Suites and pinnacles get off first. Diamond plus held in different area, get off second.

Diamond held in another area get off third, so on and so forth. There are multiple areas throughout the ship, normally in speciality restaurants or certain sections of the MDR. Each group is held somewhere different due to capacity limitations and to ensure priority departure of the correct guests at the correct times.

Agree the disembarkation is great:D

Not always. On Brilliance, Platinum, Diamond and Diamond + were all in the same area of the MDR.

What ships are allowing D+ or even D members off early? Every ship I've been on we could get an earlier number but anyone can at guest services. Only once on the Jewel years ago did they have express departure for C&A status. I just assumed it was another benefit that went away.

If you want it you need to ask either the suite concierge or diamond concierge. The benefit is mot made obvious, but is available upon request.

Oh, ok. My bad. Sorry for the confusion. :eek: I'm going to still let myself feel kind of special that I'm not the last one off the ship. :D

No problem :D

You won't be last unless you want to be;) hopefully you will make diamond soon:D

Lol..."continental"...bread and coffee!

Breakfast on the last morning is earlier than normal....we usually miss it, as we're not used to getting up that early after a week of relaxing! We'll grab something at or on the way to the airport!

Do you always have to be so snarky? The departure lounge breakfasts we have enjoyed have generally included coffee, tea hot choc., a nice assortment of danish and breakfast pastries and 2 or 3 kinds of juice. You make it sound like they give you a crust of ordinary bread and coffee. Just not true and again you are misleading those who may never have cruised before or experienced the departure lounge breakfast.