D Plus discount

This is an email I just sent to Mr. Goldstein, not sure if it has been discussed on boards before, but I find it unacceptable.

Hello,

I am a Crown and Anchor member who has attained the Diamond Plus level on my April 12th, 2015 Quantum sailing. I have four future cruises booked for a total of $15k. I was advised by the Loyalty Ambassador on the QOS to contact C and A upon my return to get my balcony discount adjusted to the Diamond Plus level. To my surprise I was told that it could only be done at prevailing prices. I have cruised exclusively with RCCL and X since 2007, and I find this unacceptable to be treating your loyal customers this way. Is RCCL ready to lose a loyal client for a total of $100 in balcony discounts that were earned by us through the many cruises we have done. I have been a RCCL cheerleader for many years, but in the past year I have found that customer satisfaction and retention are the least of your concerns in the way RCCL nickel and dimes their customers in every possible way. I wish to return to the RCCL that caused my addiction to cruising.

Thank you

This is an email I just sent to Mr. Goldstein, not sure if it has been discussed on boards before, but I find it unacceptable.

Hello,

I am a Crown and Anchor member who has attained the Diamond Plus level on my April 12th, 2015 Quantum sailing. I have four future cruises booked for a total of $15k. I was advised by the Loyalty Ambassador on the QOS to contact C and A upon my return to get my balcony discount adjusted to the Diamond Plus level. To my surprise I was told that it could only be done at prevailing prices. I have cruised exclusively with RCCL and X since 2007, and I find this unacceptable to be treating your loyal customers this way. Is RCCL ready to lose a loyal client for a total of $100 in balcony discounts that were earned by us through the many cruises we have done. I have been a RCCL cheerleader for many years, but in the past year I have found that customer satisfaction and retention are the least of your concerns in the way RCCL nickel and dimes their customers in every possible way. I wish to return to the RCCL that caused my addiction to cruising.

Thank you

That policy has been in effect almost a year now.

Am I the only one not getting this... Customer loyalty applies to anything after you get to that loyalty level, so if you have booking prior you don't get the discounts, but if you want to apply that discount you'd have to switch to the current prices and any offers you had before your sacrifice?

I don't see your complaint if that's the case, you should be lucky they would let you apply the discount on existing bookings.

Sorry...but I'm not getting this either and agree with the OP...why be punished $$$ for making an early booking...When the OP makes final payment they will be at the higher C&A level and should be entitled to the benefits they have earned...Glad as a D+ I won't have to worry about this as it will be a long time before I reach Pinnacle...This is a horrible policy if it is indeed a fairly new one that I have not heard of. :eek:

So RCI doesn't want us to book onboard future cruises because I have an upcoming C&A level change that will take place

Edited by Ashland

Sorry...but I'm not getting this either and agree with the OP...why be punished $$$ for making an early booking...When the OP makes final payment they will be at the higher C&A level and should be entitled to the benefits they have earned...Glad as a D+ I won't have to worry about this as it will be a long time before I reach Pinnacle...This is a horrible policy if it is indeed a fairly new one that I have not heard of. :eek:

But they made the booking prior to being eligible for the benefits, and if they want the benefits, then they'd have to "book" under the current rates. An offer isn't based on final payment dates, it's based on when you made the booking.

But they made the booking prior to being eligible for the benefits, and if they want the benefits, then they'd have to "book" under the current rates. An offer isn't based on final payment dates, it's based on when you made the booking.

When was this policy change...I have been in this situation before when going from D-D+ and had no trouble :confused:

It has always worked in the past as we cleared each level. They have just taken away something that was already given. We always have 3 to 4 future cruises booked and getting the discount at the next level has never been an issue.

A year :confused:

Then this policy change slipped under my cruisedar :o

Been policy for a long time. Most people that booked early got a better rate by leaving their existing bookings. Unfortunately, when you book far in advance you book at those rates based on your status at that time. If you want to hold off for additional discount it will be based on price at that time. If price of cruise had decreased I am sure the op would have no issue with repricing at current rate. However cruise prices fluctuate, but if cruise price falls then no issue with op repricing and getting cruise at reduced rate with new discount.

Basically you could hypothetically book lots of cruises over the 6 months out, get all the extra obc for booking further out on current cruise (if booking onboard) then try to get higher discount as you move up, but then obc reduces if now within 6 months anyway and then people would complain their obc is reduced!!

At the end of the day, you book further out because you are hoping you get a good price and if the price falls before final booking (and you did not book in UK!) you can reduce the price. If you want to amend discount then it is at prevailing rate. Just like recent Bogoho on drinks package offer you had to reprice cruise if you wanted to add. You can't keep adding discounts to long standing reservations and expect the price to stay the same. Otherwise everyone would just keep adding all the good discounts:D

At the end of the day rules are rules. It is their program and any discount I gratefully accept. They already took away the extra savings certificates so happy to still get something!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

Been policy for a long time. Most people that booked early got a better rate by leaving their existing bookings. Unfortunately, when you book far in advance you book at those rates based on your status at that time. If you want to hold off for additional discount it will be based on price at that time. If price of cruise had decreased I am sure the op would have no issue with repricing at current rate. However cruise prices fluctuate, but if cruise price falls then no issue with op repricing and getting cruise at reduced rate with new discount.

Basically you could hypothetically book lots of cruises over the 6 months out, get all the extra obc for booking further out on current cruise (if booking onboard) then try to get higher discount as you move up, but then obc reduces if now within 6 months anyway and then people would complain their obc is reduced!!

At the end of the day, you book further out because you are hoping you get a good price and if the price falls before final booking (and you did not book in UK!) you can reduce the price. If you want to amend discount then it is at prevailing rate. Just like recent Bogoho on drinks package offer you had to reprice cruise if you wanted to add. You can't keep adding discounts to long standing reservations and expect the price to stay the same. Otherwise everyone would just keep adding all the good discounts:D

At the end of the day rules are rules. It is their program and any discount I gratefully accept. They already took away the extra savings certificates so happy to still get something!!!!

Good explanation...but still a negative for loyal cruisers....which is becoming more and more common..what's next :eek:

Good explanation...but still a negative for loyal cruisers....which is becoming more and more common..what's next :eek:

That's not even a loyal customers thing, that's any kind of discount. I really can't see how it's a negative. The OP wanted a discount they were no eligible for on a booking they made when not eligible.

Hello,

Thank you

And the short answer is "YES"

That's not even a loyal customers thing, that's any kind of discount. I really can't see how it's a negative. The OP wanted a discount they were no eligible for on a booking they made when not eligible.

Previously, you were allowed to apply any newly earned loyalty discounts to a current booking, without a repricing. So it is indeed a disappointment for many cruisers.

The thing is, they used to honor that discount. I, too, was expecting that after turning D+ on my next cruise I could call to get a little more taken off the one that I have reserved after that. It's not a huge deal, but it is another in a recent string of changes to policy that impact longtime loyal cruisers. I just feel a little less special to a company that used to make me feel like I was really important to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, they used to honor that discount. I, too, was expecting that after turning D+ on my next cruise I could call to get a little more taken off the one that I have reserved after that. It's not a huge deal, but it is another in a recent string of changes to policy that impact longtime loyal cruisers. I just feel a little less special to a company that used to make me feel like I was really important to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree , and that was the point of my post .

Yes , you are the only one not getting it . The point of the post is that RCCL keeps taking away perks that were there . Ex combinable discounts .

Why not ask for your D+ discount to be applied retroactively for every cruise you have taken since day one???????

This policy has been in effect FOREVER. If you want to rebook a different class of cabin or apply a different type of discount it has always been done at the current prevailing rate - that's just the way it is.

Be happy you are now D+ - enjoy the new benefits - move on. They are not taking anything away from you. They are making you a legitimate offer for benefits earned AFTER you have acquired a designated number of cruise credits.

Edited by FUN33

Why not ask for your D+ discount to be applied retroactively for every cruise you have taken since day one???????

This policy has been in effect FOREVER. If you want to rebook a different class of cabin or apply a different type of discount it has always been done at the current prevailing rate - that's just the way it is.

Be happy you are now D+ - enjoy the new benefits - move on. They are not taking anything away from you. They are making you a legitimate offer for benefits earned AFTER you have acquired a designated number of cruise credits.

Actually, the policy has only been in effect a bit more than a year. Before that, Royal would apply higher higher discounts when earned, without re-pricing the cruise.

Nobody likes to lose a benefit, but, it's 25 bucks a cruise. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it. Especially when figured as a percentage of what you already spent.

Is it any different than booking a cruise when you are 54, and the trying to get the 55 discount if available. Or booking a solo with a 200% surcharge when you have 320 points and then asking for the 150% surcharge when you qualify a few trips later. :what: