Inventory disappeared

milesfromu

Any ideas on why there are no longer cabin inventories for a number of Infinity sailing dates? For example, 9/11/16, 9/18/16, 10/3/16 had ample inventory a few days ago but for the past 4 days only a select group of suites. This is across a number of sailings over the next 1.5 years and it appears to apply only to the Infinity.

Any ideas on why there are no longer cabin inventories for a number of Infinity sailing dates? For example, 9/11/16, 9/18/16, 10/3/16 had ample inventory a few days ago but for the past 4 days only a select group of suites. This is across a number of sailings over the next 1.5 years and it appears to apply only to the Infinity.

Possibly a TA picked up the cabins to offer a "group rate" on those cruises.

Edited by ghstudio

The 9/18/16 is a full transit of the Panama Canal from SD to FL. Only suites show up on an online travel site. There is a nice roll call already for this sailing. Folks are hoping that they go through the new canal and locks.

It is a mystery...

Last time this happened to us, the shp was chartered...for this year in September. We rebooked 9/4 and 9/11/16... so help me, if they are chartered again, I will cry...no, I will throw a tantrum, then cry. Such are first world problems.

Edited by misha1

Our first inclination was possibly a charter, but as we explored further we discovered there are too many dates for the Infinity to be chartered. 3 out of 4 sail dates from 9/11-10-/4 for example seems unlikely. We are assuming its a potential IT issue. Hope it gets resolved for if the applicable dates are charters that X lets us know soon. Seems odd that you could still book suites if these dates are chartered.

Did you take the time to call Celebrity and ask? That is the first thing I would do if I hoped to book one of these cruises.

But of course. We were told that all other cabin categories "appear to be sold out". Phone agents only know what the system is showing. This simply cant be the case though, not when there were literally thousands across all categories one day and none in any category the next. As mentioned earlier, this scenario applies to a number of sailings over the next 18 months, but seems to apply mainly to the Infinity. We will monitor for a bit and inquire with X again next week.

Moving this up near similar thread...maybe moderators can combine or help with an answer...apparently 10/ 17/ 16 has joined the list....hope all will be Ok

I have been looking at that cruise and wondering that exact thing! It had a ton of availability last week so do agree it is probably being chartered....but leaving the suites available is puzzling to say the least.

I have been looking at that cruise and wondering that exact thing! It had a ton of availability last week so do agree it is probably being chartered....but leaving the suites available is puzzling to say the least.

After all of the recent publicity about the dining options open to Suites passengers, they have re designated all accomodations as Suites and we all will have lunch in luminae.

Yeah....only sailing with Suite guests....ha

but for us, we! D like to know

Neither thread title mentions Infinity....maybe I will try to get hold of someone on board who can inquire...and try to get answer from Cap Club..usually they have no info.anout changes til they occur

still hoping the 2 threads will be combined...

PS

Travel agency sites online still showing suites available....no other categories available

one site offers suites and for other catgories , says "please call"

mystery!

There are sailings mixed in between the 5-6 that have no inventory that have wide open inventory. That seems to nix the idea of dry dock or selling of ship. Hope to hear more from X. Quite perplexing.

asked about this on a thread from someone now on the Infinity and a few members responded that that it wasn't a appropriate question to bother the crew with.:confused: They must now be the self appointed gate keepers on what kind of questions should be asked of this forum. Both are now on my ignore list. ;)

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

Yeah, one or two were really not interested in helping anyone out and seem to only want to chat about suites and butlers BORING AT BEST.....maybe their Butler knows,

on one of the two threads still going, more sailings are being added to the list...March 2016

if I can get into my res today I hope to see that our res is still there...

something is definitely going on..

Celeb booking website, now does not list the Sea and Stay options, a few cruises includingours show sold out but space available on 10/27

itin

so maybe the adjustment has taken place and we were all lucky to have booked early!

Normally crew members have some insight or knowledge about changes or would like to know about anything unusual happening as it affects them and their contracts. If passengers start asking on board the truth may start to leak out.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Normally crew members have some insight or knowledge about changes or would like to know about anything unusual happening as it affects them and their contracts. If passengers start asking on board the truth may start to leak out.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Sadly crew are the last to know, certainly were on Century so seriously I doubt asking on board will get you any credible answer. Have you tried asking on their Facebook page, they seem keener to quash rumours there than here

Well the September and October 2016 sail dates in question have now been pulled all together, including the inventory for the suites. The itineraries are not accessible from the X website. Our TA was unsuccessful in getting additional information, as have we so still in the dark. Hope to hear from X on this soon. We have two bookings affected and others must be interested in knowing the status of these sailings too.

Not looking good for our 10/17/16 ABC island cruise...

we'll see what happens....Celebrity really should not keep booked pax hanging but it often does....

if the cruise is cancelled hope we can transfer our triple perks to something else...if not able to get an equivalent deal we'll just pass....still have 2 cruises booked on Equinox for 2016 and 2017...not losing anything but a great itin with 3x perks (grats at current booking rate, classic alc package and ship bd credit)