Currently on Allure..5/11/15, drink prices astronomical...

Wow!!! Am glad that I don't drink! Also, I avoid soft drinks while on my cruises. Make do with lemonade or ice tea. Those are still free aren't they?!!!

Pooh

Yes, still no extra charge for lemonade and iced tea.

Given the discrepancies in OP's account so far, I will believe it when I see it.

What the heck, too many posts giving OP a hard time for saying Allure when meant Oasis, big whoop.

I agree that it's crazy to have such high prices AND small servings AND maybe lines for drinks! Increases that corresponded to some bigger cups and fewer trips to the bar would be ok.

Thanks OP on your take on Oasis and changes over the last few years based on your experience.

What the heck, too many posts giving OP a hard time for saying Allure when meant Oasis, big whoop.

I agree that it's crazy to have such high prices AND small servings AND maybe lines for drinks! Increases that corresponded to some bigger cups and fewer trips to the bar would be ok.

Thanks OP on your take on Oasis and changes over the last few years based on your experience.

I will believe it, when I see it.

Typical Cruise Critic. Someone actually shares some info while on her cruise and gets criticized left and right by all the perfect posters that would never type the wrong ship name.:rolleyes: I too am shocked that a drink would cost that much in a normal 6 inch plastic cup. I could understand it in a souvenir cup. I also appreciate the OP taking time from her cruise to post. Thank you! :)

I am concerned as to just where RCCL is going with this. :eek: $800 for a 7 day drink package is not going to win when a person is comparing cruise rates.

Because there haven't been ANY posts about increased prices, other than this?

So there have been other posts about the movies being canceled on the Oasis class? I know about the drink price increases.

We sailed Liberty last month and literally couldn't taste any alcohol in any drink we purchased. And we are lightweights. The prices were insane. On Allure in November the drinks were strong and not nearly as pricey.

What's a Labadoozie???

We sailed Liberty last month and literally couldn't taste any alcohol in any drink we purchased. And we are lightweights. The prices were insane. On Allure in November the drinks were strong and not nearly as pricey.

What's a Labadoozie???

Labadoozie is what they call a Coco Loco at Labadee.

For those wondering about movies on the OASIS I believe they still have them.

I was on the ship April 25/2015 and I can say for certain that there were movies played in the aquatheatre because I stumbled across one. I have no interest in watching a movie while on vacation so I am not sure if any were playing in the Amber Theatre.

I know. It's like "never mind the subject matter of the thread, did you see how the OP confused the names of the ships???!!! That's ponderous!! Why, I never!!!"

oh well, that's just cruise critic being cruise critic 30xebs5.gif

Typical Cruise Critic. Someone actually shares some info while on her cruise and gets criticized left and right by all the perfect posters that would never type the wrong ship name.:rolleyes: I too am shocked that a drink would cost that much in a normal 6 inch plastic cup. I could understand it in a souvenir cup. I also appreciate the OP taking time from her cruise to post. Thank you! :)

I am concerned as to just where RCCL is going with this. :eek: $800 for a 7 day drink package is not going to win when a person is comparing cruise rates.

Well said!

I am almost ashamed to say I'm an RCI enabler. Booked before the drink price increases and have chosen to purchase the premium package to "save" a few $$. That's a relative analysis based upon what I know we'd spend on individual drinks over the course of a week on FOS, and avoids non-refundable airfare penalties. But not going to do it again. Looking at other lines for NYE. IOS is no longer on the list under consideration. Booked Freedom before the increase. Fool me once......

They're not $800 either. There sure is alot of mis-information going on in this thread.

I don't doubt the price of the Labadee drinks are the same as the prices on the ship, but I'll believe it when I see it that they are using 6" cups.

Agree, $14.25 for a cheap picnic cup of sugar mix, ice, and a splash of booze is pretty ridiculous. Pass.

I think in 2005 I paid $6 +/- for a Labadoozie with the mug/straw and I said "Too much, never again":D

Well I just paid $809 and change for 2 premium packages. $800 looks pretty accurate to me.

Purchased 2 premium drink packages for DH and myself on the FOS this October and paid $800 plus as well. We'll be celebrating his 60th and staying on board most of the time, so will get our money's worth!;)

They're not $800 either. There sure is alot of mis-information going on in this thread.

The premium package is sold at a daily rate which equates to exactly $404.74 PER PERSON, including gratuities, for a 7-day cruise. I have my receipt. I just paid for it for my upcoming cruise. This means I spent $809.48 for two people for 7-days.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your response above. But there was no misinformation given with respect to the price of the premium package.

The OP may have had knowledge of the prices before leaving but in reality it probably doesn't hit you until you hand the bartender your seapass card and you actually see that charge. It is ridiculous. Glad I have some obc next year or I wouldn't be drinking at all except for on the islands.

Agree, $14.25 for a cheap picnic cup of sugar mix, ice, and a splash of booze is pretty ridiculous. Pass.

I think in 2005 I paid $6 +/- for a Labadoozie with the mug/straw and I said "Too much, never again":D

A small splash at that. :rolleyes: The Labadoozie I had tasted virgin. It was 14.16. It DID come with that "souvenir cup" though they probably buy for .25 a piece.

Edited by ryano

The OP may have had knowledge of the prices before leaving but in reality it probably doesn't hit you until you hand the bartender your seapass card and you actually see that charge. It is ridiculous. Glad I have some obc next year or I wouldn't be drinking at all except for on the islands.

Agreed. I thought i was FULLY prepared for it after arguing on this board for a month about the drink prices. It slaps you right in the face though when you see that receipt. Especially since its a weaker drink than in past and in some cases you waited 20+ minutes for it.

Drink prices are ridiculous, drinks are weak and the service sucks for the most part. its a shame when you can get off the ship and go to one of the biggest tourist traps in Falmouth and drink cheaper :o

Wow - complaining about a ship in dry dock thousands of miles away is quite amazing indeed.

Also...having been to 2 local restaurants in the past few weeks where similar drinks cost more...it would take more than that to be "shell-shocked".

The OP seems to have confused Oasis for Allure, but you can't blame her/him, all the floating shopping malls look alike.:D

I've never spent $14. for a drink anywhere, not in any American big city(NY, Boston, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, Det., etc.) or any European city,(London, Paris, Moscow, etc.) and never will!

I know there are rip off bars and restaurants for suckers in these cities that will charge that much, but I'm smart enough to stay away!:D

The premium package is sold at a daily rate which equates to exactly $404.74 PER PERSON, including gratuities, for a 7-day cruise. I have my receipt. I just paid for it for my upcoming cruise. This means I spent $809.48 for two people for 7-days.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your response above. But there was no misinformation given with respect to the price of the premium package.

Well, I think the misunderstanding was that someone posted $800 for a 7-day package. That is not really true, but it's true, if (as I assume the poster meant) you're talking about two 7-day packages.