Outdoor spaces on the SOLSTICE?

Sford72

Hi All.

Silly question but we’re newbies so please forgive our naiveté.

Are all the “outdoor” spaces on the Solstice accessible 24/7?

My wife and I just booked an Oceanview room on the June 26th sailing of the Solstice with the thought that we weren’t going to be spending much time in our room so having our own balcony didn’t really matter. Now, the more I think about it, I’m worried that we’ll have limited options as far as getting some fresh air when need be. We are really hoping to be able to spend our evenings sitting outside and watching the night skies while getting some fresh air. Would we be better off upgrading to a veranda room so that we are guaranteed our own outdoor space no matter how small it may be, or should the upper deck outdoor spaces suffice?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Agree with the others and adding a few comments. The lawn area is lovely but on my cruise last week, it was closed a good part of the time, with a "The Lawn is Resting" sign on it. Perhaps it had taken a beating in Australia and then Hawaii before settling in to her Alaskan itinerary, but just be prepared for that. Yes, there are outdoor spaces but we actually were a little disappointed that Deck 5, which is the closest thing to a promenade deck, is for the most part blocked by the life boats. There is some seating but I'll be honest, it's not where I wanted to spend a lot of my time. There is, however, ample open-air deck space up on decks 15 and 16.

I'll probably get some disagreement here, but we took a balcony cabin on an Alaskan cruise and LOVED it. Yes, it's more expensive, but it is private and wonderful. There are blankets to borrow to cuddle up in, either on deck or on your balcony. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

We go for the balcony but the pool deck on 12 has lots of open space and you can open or close the windows depending on whether the breeze is cool or not. Also Deck 14 around the mast bar & mast grill is another open space.

All outdoor public spaces are available 24/7.

Years ago we had a ocean view cabin on HAL. It was very late were lounging on a top deck near a rail to look out at the water and stars. There was hardly anyone there. We were there about 15 minutes when another couple had to come and stand in front of us standing at the rail smoking on their cancer fire stick. Problem with most of the upper decks are the lights and they interfere with any good star gazing.

Another time walking around a isolated deck very late there was a couple that apparently didn't have a room or one that they shared together.

On another cruise that was on Celebrity there are doors that go out to the bow on some decks. It is possible to lock one door on starboard side. We walked to the other side to go out and caught two crew members joined together at the hips.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The outside area on deck 5 where the life boats are is often closed in evenings due to wind. But it is uaually only smokers that go out there. The higher decks foreward , 14 and 15 I think can also be closed in evenings, not much up there though, sunbakers during the day.

There are loads of outside spaces on the Solstice but there is nothing like having coffee delivered to your room in the morning and sitting in your dressing gown on the balcony to drink it. We also enjoy at night taking a last drink to our room and then sitting on the balcony stargazing.

If cost is a major factor you will still have plenty of places to sit outside and enjoy but if you can push your budget a bit I think you will enjoy a balcony.

Have a great holiday.

The lawn is a lovely place to sit but there are few chairs available since everyone else likes it too. There are tables and chairs at the sunset bar and the oceanview bar. We like our balcony too.