Are you happier with the new overnight on the cruise you had booked?

C 2 C

Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Were you asked if you were willing to lose a port in favour of the overnight?

• Yes. Celebrity asked for our preference.
    • No. Celebrity did not ask for our preference.
    • Yes. I prefer the overnight.
    • No. I prefer to visit another port.

Also on the Jan. 10 Eclipse and not happy with losing one of the three

ports that were new to us and having to cancel the excursions booked.

The ship was to be in Curaceo until 11pm in any case so an overnight there is a waste of time in my opinion.

If Celebrity feels that they can arbritally change an itinerary without protest

from booked customers, you can be sure it will become commonplace.

We do not need to be reminded that they have the legal right to do this.

They must know that most passengers have already purchased nonrefundabe

airfare and arranged vacation time etc so the impact to the bookings will be

minimal.

Could this be a trial balloon to gauge the mood of customers when faced

with other changes they plan to implement?

My wife and I are on the 10 January 2016 cruise and are VERY disappointed that Bonaire was dropped from the cruise.

Norm

Me too

Just got the email yesterday

After knowing about the change from our roll call

We also got a e-mail on Monday about the change. We are going to switch to another cruise in 2016 and can kept the 123 but the problem is that the cats. for conceige and aqua are sold out or to much money now. This was our first time on Celebrity and might never happen ! We are booked for the Med in May 2016 so who knows what is next ?

Edited by fielddreamer

I am on the 1/24/16 cruise on the Eclipse. We lost Grenada for an overnight in Curacao. That was fine with us since we have not been there since 1993 and Grenada as recently as 2013 however I agree that it can be a bummer to sign up for a specific cruise and then to see one of the ports changed but one port on a 14 day cruise unless it is something special is no big deal especially in the Caribbean. I think that overnights in Europe though are an advantage. Just my thoughts.

We lost a day in Dominica in exchange for arriving at 2pm in St. Martin for an overnight. We did not find this acceptable, so we cancelled this particular cruise. I am not really mad at Celebrity about it since we had plenty of time to cancel without any penalties.

I can understand the need to shake up the Caribbean menu, since there really are only a limited number of ports available to them. However I am not sure why they chose to eliminate ports like Dominica and Bonaire, as these seem to me to be more of the least visited ports.

We are going on Equinox on Nov 18, 2016. 10 nighter. We lose Dominica and get an extra day in St Martin. I would have preferred itinerary to stay as is but last time we were in St Martin we didn't get off ship due to some mosquito bug thing on the island. So will get a chance to see it for a day and a half..

I've this discussion with X: they told me - these changes are minor and do not effect the total cruise vaccation at all... :eek:, therefore no change without loosing the deposit and perks....

Not surprising Celebrity is trying that approach. The question is does the authority responsible for enforcing PTR feel the same. That is where I would route my question and if you get a different answer then Celebrity gives then you can use that to continue the discussion with them. Since you have the removal of an entire port a year in advance one should be able to be successful in making the argument that it is not a minor change.

New rollout is sounding like a flop...at least for those already booked and losing desired ports in exchange for 1 and a half days with overnights in less desired ports.....

we hope this will be the end of all the switching around for awhile ..not going to book with X after we enjoy the ones we have reserved.....too stressful playing switcheroo!

we hear X is all over FB but little direct communucation on CC...disappointing!

We are on the Celebrity Eclipse Carribean 14 night cruise in early April 2016. We are coming all the way from Australia and it will be our first Carribean cruise. We will miss Bonaire and overnight in Curacao. Looking at Google it would appear we are missing a beautiful island and overnighting at quite a boring island. I have overnighted with Celebrity in Venice and in St Petersburg with Princess which were fabulous ports to overnight in, but Willemstad in Curacao - really!!!!!!!!

Four of us booked on the Equinox for April 2016 are incredibly angered by missing the experience of Belize for a night in Columbia. In considering safety concerns of travelling around that city at night the sole option appears to be staying on the ship for the extra hours, eating and making much use of the 123. This is certainly not like being at sea at night and awakening to a new port in the morning. Regrettably changing cruise lines for future booking will need consideration.

We are on the March 2016 Eclipse sailing - they dropped Grenada to overnight in Barbados. I haven't been to either port, however had booked a private excursion in Grenada that I was looking forward to. I found out about the change on my roll call and a day or two after received an email from my TA.

We will keep the booking as I feel I got a good deal and although I wish they would have kept Grenada, plan to enjoy the 14 days of relaxation.

Arno - I suspect since the overnights in Europe & Asia have seemed to work out well - and were already in place when the cruises were booked - Celebrity decided.....why not the Caribbean???

According to their "news" post:

"Guests and travel agents love our overnight program in Europe, Asia and around the world, and their feedback has been amazing. This demand led us to revisit our current Caribbean itineraries and add even more overnights in one of the most beautiful places we sail to each year," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "With more overnights in the Caribbean than any other cruise line, we are offering our guests an incredible, unrivaled experience. They can enjoy the destination like a local before returning to our stylish, modern luxury ships."

Unfortunately, they did not poll their passengers to see if this was something they truly wanted. Cozumel, Cartagena, St. Maarten and Curacao do not strike me as places one would necessarily want to "overnight"!

As they say, it is what it is, and I guess if we don't like it, we just don't book those cruises?

I think gimletgal (Beth) figured out the mystery of why.

Someone made an erroneous connection between two things that aren't the same. :(

Booked on Celebrity Eclipse departing Feb 7th 2015. We were not asked if we would prefer more overnight stops, my husband is very disappointed as planned to dive in Bonaire which was to be the highlight of his cruise.

I'll be on the 12/11/16 Eclipse sailing. Dominica has been removed and replaced by an overnight in Barbados. I'm slightly in the neagtive. When I first heard about it, I thought it was potentially a good idea. The problem becomes all the "daytime" port hours lost. I've been to Dominica before, so I am not upset about not visiting the port. We were going to be in Dominica from 9-5, now we are leaving Barbados at 1:00pm. If the ship left at 5, I would be happy, but now I have a 1/2 day on an island and for whatever reason they shortened the next island, St. Marteen, by an hour from 8-5 to 9-5. Is a hour a big deal, maybe not but if you are trying to do an excursion on your own that hour could be important.

To me, I have lost 5 hours of daylight island time.

I am just saying that there is a heck of a difference between an overnight in a European port with so much to see and a caribbean island which may be quite unsafe to explore at night. I vote good for Med cruises and bad for caribbean.

We lost Bonaire on our trip (April 3 2016 Eclipse) which for me would have been the highlight of the trip and one of the reasons we booked.