For how many days do you use the same towel?

The one and done (even at home? Sorry, that is hard to believe) seem to be taking over this thread. But I want to give a shout out to the rest of us who are either lazy or more environmentally conscious. And we live in NC and our towels dry just fine at home in our humid summers

Oh well. As someone said previously, to each his own. But kudos to OP for bringing up a NEW divisive topic.

Believe it :D, I always use a clean towel at home. My husband prefers to reuse his for a few days but I use two towels for my shower each day. I'm the laundress, so not creating work for anyone but me.:D

Sherri:)

I'm wondering if the 3X use recommendation was no longer a recommendation, but mandatory, would people still try to do one and done? I.E. would you quit Royal altogether (or cruising altogether if all lines made it mandatory), would you smuggle towels aboard, or would you tip (bribe) your steward to get you fresh towels?

Edited by DirtyDawg

I'm wondering if the 3X use recommendation was no longer a recommendation, but mandatory, would people still try to do one and done? I.E. would you quit Royal altogether (or cruising altogether if all lines made it mandatory), would you smuggle towels aboard, or would you tip (bribe) your steward to get you fresh towels?

If it were made mandatory, I would comply but I would not be thrilled about it.

No bribing or smuggling!:D

Sherri:)

I'm in this camp - I do hang mine up and i don't mind if it's a little damp (I only ever travel with my wife and it's way too late to bother protecting myself from her cooties) but I do always get the impression that the towels are changed whether they are hanging or not.

OMG! You are hilarious! :D:D

I might try bribing, but I'd probably just quit Royal altogether.

The one and done folks must have a bigger budget for the hired help that does the laundry at their estates than moi! You know good help is just so hard to find with minimum wage, insurance and you just can't administer corporal punishment any more... sigh! Kidding aside;)... As much as I would not mind fresh towels (not to mention bed sheets) every day, I am not up to the task and I don't change my habits because there is someone else to do the chore. Honestly I don't understand on a practical point... you are taking of bit of clean water off of a washed body... what makes the towel so unclean?

To each their own...

Me and my husband also only use a towel once. I do laundry once a day or once every other day. My husband doesn't get a work "uniform" and only has 3 outfits that are "appropriate" to wear and he is encouraged to wear them only once per wash due to him getting them dirty... so I have to do laundry so often whether we saved on towels or not.

We are not rich, we can't even afford a vacation right now... but we aren't poor. I do all the laundry myself and fold it.

On cruises and hotels my husband would actually try to reuse a towel.... perhaps I just get to washing it to fast at home... the towels can go in with his clothes without ruining anything.. so why not wash them often? Same amount of water (I always wash on full), energy, and just a tad more soap.

Honestly I don't understand on a practical point... you are taking of bit of clean water off of a washed body... what makes the towel so unclean?

Funny how noone pointed that our earlier. Now I have to say sometimes I shower too soon after working out and my bathroom is too hot and then I feel like I am still sweating when I get out. So I usually think it's probably time anyway to wash them. But I don't work out nearly enough to have that happen every day. [emoji16][emoji16]. And I do always wash my sons towel after swim practice. But that's because of the chlorine.

Once and then it goes in the floor. I like clean towels every time ... same thing at home. :)

Same here. LOVE a fresh towel and if it weren't such a pain, I'd sleep on fresh linens every night...but I don't. :(

We are a one-and-done family. Really, it's not that much effort to throw a load of towels in the washing machine and dryer every 2-3 days. We don't need hired help or tons of money for this simple task.

My father always said that he doesn't want to dry his face with a towel that he used the previous day to dry his feet

Edited by DonnaK

My father always said that he doesn't want to dry his face with a towel that he used the previous day to dry his feet

I always keep a separate small towel to dry my face, I don't do it with the bath towel.

We usually go 2-3 days on the cruise with the same towels. At home, we'll easily go a week (but it's very dry where we live, so the towels dry in a few hours).

I have no doubt that some may want to flame me... :confused:

But considering that the vast majority of cruise ship guests must first fly on an airplane that burns thousands of gallons of jet fuel... :(

...to VACATION on a ship that burns tens of thousands of gallons of diesel fuel... :mad:

...and WASTES enough food everyday to feed thousands of people... :eek:

And some say they reuse towels because of their "concern" for the environment??? :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

I have no doubt that some may want to flame me... :confused:

But considering that the vast majority of cruise ship guests must first fly on an airplane that burns thousands of gallons of jet fuel... :(

...to VACATION on a ship that burns tens of thousands of gallons of diesel fuel... :mad:

...and WASTES enough food everyday to feed thousands of people...

And some say they reuse towels because of their "concern" for the environment??? :rolleyes:

Ha! Exactly!

No flames from me! Im just glad you got the nerve to post what I was going to yesterday but didnt ;)

It seems virtually impossible to be a "environmentally conscious" cruiser IMHO.

Edited by ryano

When I cruise I wash my hands frequently to avoid Noro virus, etc. It stands to reason that any virus that is not washed away with soap and water may end up in your towel. I replace my hand towels twice a day and bath towels once a day. Better safe than sorry.

At home bath and bathroom hand towels weekly. It's just the two of us and we hang them up right away to dry. On a cruise I don't feel they get totally dry especially if using them morning and night so I want fresh ones. And the DH and myself only use our own towels not each other's. So on a cruise they might get mixed up. At home we each have a separate towel rack.

i suppose it's not all that enviro friendly but when on vacation it's part of pampering myself.