Worth Paying to Print Luggage Tags in Color?

The only reason I print them in color is because I was told that they can easily identify the color of the luggage tag and the deck your are in, and it's so easier for them to know if you are in the front back right or left super fast. I just want to have my luggage a at my door as soon as possible, not because I need them right away but less chances to be going around the ship

For the boarding past, black and white

It doesn't matter. When you get the porters to put tags on at port, they are not color coded

Your Royal Caribbean luggage tags are definitely color coded. They group them by color.

Edited by rusty nut

I use my color printer, never really thought about it. For the Set Sail and documents I use the b&w. Sometimes I do go a little crazy and laminate the tags. I know :o but it is all part of preparing and I haven't found another use for my laminater except when DH wears out his Medicare card.

I print them in color simply because we are asked to do so in our cruise documents.

I do the same. It says in the cruise documents to print them in color, so I do.

As many folks on these boards as there are who will quote the "cruise contract" and what one must do according to the "cruise documents" and the same folks will say it does not matter if you print in B&W. (Not pointing fingers at anyone on this thread. Just thinking about a discussion I had with someone on my last cruise).

As long as you don't sail in the next week or so, most cruise lines let you request free luggage tags to be mailed to your home. There's a little section in the online checkin. Then you get color at no additional cost!

Edited by tarheelkate

Given that not everyone has access to a color printer (I may or may not depending on when mine are ready and IF the printer at school is working - which it is usually not these days), it seems to me that it's only fair if you are going to require that they be in color you provide them for the passengers. If you're not going to provide them, you need to accept that people will likely be printing them in black and white.

As long as you don't sail in the next week or so, most cruise lines let you request free luggage tags to be mailed to your home. There's a little section in the online checkin. Then you get color at no additional cost!

Royal discontinued free mailed luggage tags for all guests a few years ago. The only guests that can get free mailed luggage tags are in Grand Suites or better, and Pinnacle Club C&A level.

Edited by clarea

I know it doesn't matter to RCI if the tags are color or black/white, but it matters (a lot!) to me that I have my luggage during my cruise. I print color tags for the same reason I over-tip the porters, to do everything possible to ensure that I get my luggage, hopefully in a timely manner.

Your Royal Caribbean luggage tags are definitely color coded. They group them by color.

For our Allure sailing in April, the porter had black and white tags. No color. Groups may be assigned a unique color...but color is not required for grouping.

After 20 plus cruises we never bother with luggage tags.

We get to the port (and have our cabin number handy) and fill out the tags prior to boarding the ship. That is if we are not simply going carry on. It takes all of 30 seconds. No need to spend money or make a project out of it.