Azamara Club Cruises Reveals Extensive Changes for its Two Ships

LauraS

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx. It does look nice and refreshing, but I'm still hoping Azamara will add the mirror back above the desk(simple thing, but an immense factor for women, especially!) If not,I will have to figure out a way to bring a large mirror with me by air, or convince the salon to let me use their hair dryers with mirror! It would still be more passenger friendly, also, if there were 2 comfy chairs(since most cabins are "double"), so both of us could enjoy comfortable seating together. Otherwise, the new design seems fairly impressive! We'll be taking one of the first cruises after refurb on the Journey.:)

Found this on Cruise Buzz . . .

http://cruisebuzz.net/2015/07/first-look-azamara-reimagined-suite/

posted yesterday (7/22/15)

This article includes the following paragraph:

"The upgrades on Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey draw their inspiration from the four elements of nature: Earth, Water, Air and Fire. The inspiration behind the interior design upgrades to the suite I toured created a sense of place with subtle references to the lands, rivers, and beaches that the boutique cruise line visits."

Now I get the design for the new carpet - it is a representation of a beach. Having said that, I still can't decide whether I like it or not - it needs to be seen in real life.

Thanks for the link to the new article. I found it helpful as it gave different photos than seen before.

I am happy to see that the electrical outlets are now accessible. I am happy to hear that there is a USB port at the bed side.

I see that the bed side table now seems to have a drawer which is a very good thing. I have no idea what the designers are anticipating will be stored in the cubby under the drawer and suggest that all drawers would be of more use.

I give another vote for 2 comfy chairs. Even if Azamara does not supply a second comfy chair, I ask them to please lose the chair with the skinny metal arms. It will just get in the way without adding comfort of any kind. If extra seating is ever required it is easy enough to bring the balcony chairs inside.

I'm sorry, I should have expanded. I see three pictures of the bathroom, but they basically tell me nothing.

What would you like to know that isn't already shown in the three pictures?

Rather than "nothing," the three pictures show the sink, faucet and counter, the shelf under the counter, the three lighted, recessed shelves to the side of the sink, the large, rear-illuminated mirror over the sink, the magnifying mirror to the side of the sink, the electrical outlets near the magnifying mirror, the step-on waste basket on the bathroom floor, the handheld shower head in the tiled shower, the frameless (I think) glass shower door, and the color scheme of the bathroom tiling. As I've already pointed out, there is a fixed shower head at the junction of the far wall of the shower and the ceiling. The shower is approximately the same size as the tub that formerly was there.

Having seen the new bathroom, I can perhaps answer whatever it is you are looking for that is not shown in the three pictures or that uktog and I have not already mentioned in the threads here.

I would like to see a complete picture of the shower, not a little nozzle that I can't tell anything about. That particular nozzle looks like it is very low, there are feet reflected in it. Is it handheld and comes away from what it is attached to? Is there a higher shower head, is it permanently attached or does it come away? How do you enter the shower? Is there a door or a shower curtain?

I honestly don't mean to be snarky, but I am one of the ones who upgraded to get a bathtub and I can't even tell what I am dealing with if I don't get the tub.

I'm sorry, I see now that you answered some of my questions. But really, the three pictures told none of those things.

Edited by Pam
adding

I would also love to see pictures of the full bathroom and not just pieces of it... But I guess beggars can't be choosers!

July is supposed to be reveal month for Staterooms and Suites, so hopefully they had professional photographers onboard and there will be some new photos to look at. Having said that it's probably difficult to get a good picture of the full bathroom given the confined space, but we will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the link to the article. The pictures showed a lot more. For those of you who have seen the club continent suite, I have a question. The toilet paper holder looks like it is closer to the sink than the toilet. It appears to be quite a reach. A small thing I know, but just ask Princess about the placement of the toilet paper on the Royal ;-)

I would also second the requests for a mirror over the desk and a second comfy chair or comfortable love seat :-)

I would like to see a complete picture of the shower, not a little nozzle that I can't tell anything about. That particular nozzle looks like it is very low, there are feet reflected in it. Is it handheld and comes away from what it is attached to? Is there a higher shower head, is it permanently attached or does it come away? How do you enter the shower? Is there a door or a shower curtain?

I honestly don't mean to be snarky, but I am one of the ones who upgraded to get a bathtub and I can't even tell what I am dealing with if I don't get the tub.

I'm sorry, I see now that you answered some of my questions. But really, the three pictures told none of those things.

I think all your questions have been answered, but I'll try again.

The handheld shower head is about three feet off the floor. You can hold it in your hand like every other handheld shower head, and it is attached to a hose. I didn't try this but I'd bet you can hold that shower head anywhere from floor to ceiling level. You can see the length of the hose in the third photo. The shower head near the ceiling is permanently attached. As the third photo shows, there is a glass shower door through which you enter and leave the shower. The door hinges both outward and inward. The shower space is rectangular and the size of the former tub.

The feet you see are reflected in the escutcheon that surrounds the control for the water. Above the control knob appears to be the control that directs water from one shower head to the other, like switching from tub to shower in the former combination tub/shower. The chrome fixture to the left of and slightly below the handheld shower head is where the hose for that shower head attaches to the shower wall.

Thanks! I did say that I saw that you had answered a lot of questions that the pictures didn't answer. And I missed seeing a shower door, I'll go back and look again.

Thanks! I did say that I saw that you had answered a lot of questions that the pictures didn't answer. And I missed seeing a shower door, I'll go back and look again.

I know what you mean. It would be good to see photos of the bathroom that are panned back for a full view. Hopefully we will get some soon. Nothing of the new ordinary balcony cabin bathroom set up. I'd be interested to see that too as it looked from the renderings that they'd reversed the whole aspect to create a better shower space.

Phil

The other thread regarding the remodel for Club Continent suites that I posted on recently seems to have abandoned. I don't want to repeat the comments on Club Continents suites that I left on that thread only a few days ago. But I will say that Pam, Grandma Ginny (?, I think that's her screen name), Ellbon (a huge Azamara customer and frequent poster) and me and probably others I've forgotten or others that don't read Cruise Critic, are really going to be upset if no Club Continent suites have bathtubs--- it's the reason we upgrade to them! After walking around in port for 5-7 hours, my husband and I want to relax and soak in a bathtub!!! We don't want to stand on our very tired feet in a shower at the end of the day to get ready for dinner. Also if there's no mirror or hairdryer plug by a desk, then I still have to stand up to do my hair and makeup? I don't get to really relax and take a load off my feet until I'm actually seated at dinner? This doesn't sound very relaxing and not very luxury or semi-luxury. We have a 2 week cruise booked December 2016 in a Club Continent suite on Journey. I cannot imagine being without a bathtub for that long. I'd recommend Azamara retain tubs in 25-30% of the Club Continent suites, otherwise we will either cancel our trip (shame because we LOVE the itinerary) or possibly, downgrade to a Veranda. Also a shame because we love Azamara's overnights/extended stays. But we were on a Seabourn cruise in May 2015 (first time on that line) and we had double sinks, tub/ shower and forgive the pun, boatloads of storage in our suite. We went on the Seabourn cruise bc it was cheaper than what Azamara was asking for a similar cruise. We liked Seabourn very much. We love Azamara, too. Lest you think I'm a whiner, I posted a great review of our December 2016 Azamara Journey trip here on CC. Also while we are relatively young, we've also been on a number of other lines, including, Siverseas, Crystal, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, HAL and Windstar. While itinerary is paramount, we've decided the size of smaller ships suits us best, so we like Azamara and Seabourn. I REALLY, REALLY hope Azamara comes through on the bathtubs!!!! I love their staff, the nice vibe of the ship and the extended port visits!

The other thread regarding the remodel for Club Continent suites that I posted on recently seems to have abandoned. I don't want to repeat the comments on Club Continents suites that I left on that thread only a few days ago. But I will say that Pam, Grandma Ginny (?, I think that's her screen name), Ellbon (a huge Azamara customer and frequent poster) and me and probably others I've forgotten or others that don't read Cruise Critic, are really going to be upset if no Club Continent suites have bathtubs--- it's the reason we upgrade to them! After walking around in port for 5-7 hours, my husband and I want to relax and soak in a bathtub!!! We don't want to stand on our very tired feet in a shower at the end of the day to get ready for dinner. Also if there's no mirror or hairdryer plug by a desk, then I still have to stand up to do my hair and makeup? I don't get to really relax and take a load off my feet until I'm actually seated at dinner? This doesn't sound very relaxing and not very luxury or semi-luxury. We have a 2 week cruise booked December 2016 in a Club Continent suite on Journey. I cannot imagine being without a bathtub for that long. I'd recommend Azamara retain tubs in 25-30% of the Club Continent suites, otherwise we will either cancel our trip (shame because we LOVE the itinerary) or possibly, downgrade to a Veranda. Also a shame because we love Azamara's overnights/extended stays. But we were on a Seabourn cruise in May 2015 (first time on that line) and we had double sinks, tub/ shower and forgive the pun, boatloads of storage in our suite. We went on the Seabourn cruise bc it was cheaper than what Azamara was asking for a similar cruise. We liked Seabourn very much. We love Azamara, too. Lest you think I'm a whiner, I posted a great review of our December 2016 Azamara Journey trip here on CC. Also while we are relatively young, we've also been on a number of other lines, including, Siverseas, Crystal, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, HAL and Windstar. While itinerary is paramount, we've decided the size of smaller ships suits us best, so we like Azamara and Seabourn. I REALLY, REALLY hope Azamara comes through on the bathtubs!!!! I love their staff, the nice vibe of the ship and the extended port visits!

But Bonnie also answered you on that other thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47173028&postcount=122

Found this on Cruise Buzz . . .

http://cruisebuzz.net/2015/07/first-look-azamara-reimagined-suite/

posted yesterday (7/22/15)

I am a bit confused by the article. It says that the rooms are "newly imagined" or "newly re-imagined". If they are "imagined" then surely they won't exist in reality?

Edited by MrMojoRisin
typo

I'm guessing that it's an interesting dilemma as to how many bathtubs to retain.

For example, perhaps like others, we would much prefer to have a stateroom without one. Given the nature of aging knee joints etc., getting in and out defeats any joy in the experience.

While travelling in Europe, we rarely encounter a hotel bathroom with a tub. Perhaps that indicates the type of establishment we frequent, but I prefer to think it's a result of environmental sensitivity. :)

Looking forward to see how this is resolved.