Coral princess

kokoko

When the Coral is in homeport which side of the ship is next to the dock. I like to watch all the commotion at port. Also is one side better than the other when going thru the Panama

canal on partial transit.

When the Coral is in homeport which side of the ship is next to the dock. I like to watch all the commotion at port. Also is one side better than the other when going thru the Panama

canal on partial transit.

It all depends on operational needs, and which dock she uses.

In Ft Lauderdale you could leave from one and return to another.

In the canal it could be either lock, they will not know until the approach.

You will be able to see plenty regardless.

In the canal its best to move around the ship to get different vantage points.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Also is one side better than the other when going thru the Panama canal on partial transit.

Have done the Canal four times both full and partial transits. The best views are from the upper open decks where you can move around and get 360 degree views.

We are doing the canal from SF. In SF Princess backs the ship into the new berth so the Port side faces land. We will be up on deck and checking things out from forward and aft as well as port and starboard while transiting the canal.

When going through the Canal there is no "better Side. Your best bet is to move around the ship. When DW and I did the Canal last year, we watched going into the first Gautan lock from the open area on the Dolphin deck foward, for the second lock we went down to the Pomade deck and walked the length of it and for the third lock, we went to the aft area of Carib deck. This gave us different perspectives of the Canal. But no matter how you chose to do the Canal, don't just stay in on place, move around.

I agree. Don't spend your time on your balcony here. Move around the ship for different perspectives. Not only the sun deck, but the promenade deck too.

Totally agree. Particularly about the promenade deck. BIG different perspective!

Get up super early and watch the guy in the row boat (might be bigger). He is between the ship and the mule workers. Fascinating. I was once told he also has to watch out for alligators/crocodiles. It was great, while it lasted, to be on the aft observation decks as the gates closed behind you and you could watch the next ship come in.

What was Princess thinking? Obviously, they did not have her passengers best interest at heart. I do not like aft balconies, but may have to book one the next time I do the canal.