Alaska radiance Munster drill

First time sailing from Seward Alaska. What time do they to the Munster drill if sail away is at 8:00? Also is the MDR open the first night? We have only done Caribbean wig sail away at 4:00 so not sure how later sail away works!

the timing of the munster drill is completely dependent on how long it takes herman and lily to get grandpa out of the basement.

HaHaHa !!!!

Edited by Ashland

Just did the southbound from Seward May 22nd. All aboard and close of all services was 7pm, muster drill was 715pm and sail away was 8pm.

Was also on this sailing, muster was at 7:15.

MDR is open first night, we had main seating, 5:30.

Service was very slow the first night, we were still eating our main entree when we were rushed out of the MDR to the muster, no dessert.

Ah, this is interesting. We took Radiance out of Seward in 2011. We took the train to Seward the day prior to the cruise so that we could do the 9 hour (most excellent) Kenai Fjords Northwestern day cruise. That company actually dropped our luggage off at the cruise ship while we were on the day trip. When we boarded at 6ish (hardly anyone boarding then), we found out that the muster was at 3:30 pm. YIKES. Now if I recall, and luckily we are seasoned cruisers, we had to review some training form and sign it in lieu of having been there, they also said, sometimes they will hold another muster around 7 for those passengers who boarded late. :eek:

considering Kenai Fjords has sooooooooooo many day cruises, 4 hour, 6 hour and 9 hour, I would imagine they would scream FOUL if the cruise ships hold a mandatory muster so far ahead of when they actually sail taking business away from this little tiny town of Seward.

Did I mention the Northwestern Glacier excursion was one of the best excursions I ever did.

So, this was long before the Costa accident which I believe changed a lot of muster policies for late sailing ships.

Was also on this sailing, muster was at 7:15.

MDR is open first night, we had main seating, 5:30.

Service was very slow the first night, we were still eating our main entree when we were rushed out of the MDR to the muster, no dessert.

Well that sucks. I'd personally NEVER pick early dining, but that's what the person organizing our running cruise picked. And now knowing we'll probably not get dessert (the whole reason to eat if you ask me)... Ugh!! :(

Well that sucks. I'd personally NEVER pick early dining, but that's what the person organizing our running cruise picked. And now knowing we'll probably not get dessert (the whole reason to eat if you ask me)... Ugh!! :(

No rules banning eating dessert first :) In fact someone on here has that in their sig!

• 2 weeks later...
Just did the southbound from Seward May 22nd. All aboard and close of all services was 7pm, muster drill was 715pm and sail away was 8pm.

If the muster is at 715 what time are the show(s) the first night? I am going southbound in August and I am trying to decide what time to book for my-time dining. Thanks!

If the muster is at 715 what time are the show(s) the first night? I am going southbound in August and I am trying to decide what time to book for my-time dining. Thanks!

It was one show for all guests at 9:30pm.

The waitstaff will make sure you get your dessert. We were in and out in 40 minutes, still chewing on the last bits of dessert, but we got every course we wanted (this was on Rhapsody in 2010 but same concept). Have no fear.:)