On Board Booking

NU/Fan

:confused:

We will be taking our first Oceania Cruise in about 4 weeks. I am thinking about booking another cruise and I am sure that booking it on-board is a better idea, because they for sure going to offer some sort of deal. Experienced Oceania cruisers what should I expect?

Again this will be our first Oceania Cruise, but it will be a 50 day cruise. We are thinking about another long cruise in fall of 2016. I know the current prices and have been told to complete the booking on board. Again what incentive should I expect, thanks!!!

Depends on the sailing

You will probably get the usual 5% plus an OBC

Maybe those that have booked onboard will comment further

26,000 posts you must love Cruise Critic.

Thanks for you quick reply - here's hoping you get another 26,000 posts.

I booked in May while on Riviera. I received a small discount on the new cruise, a reduced deposit amount of $250/per person for an Ocean View, and an additional $100 OBC for the cruise I was on. I'm allowed to make one change to a different cruise and still retain the benefits (if before final payment date) and if I decide to cancel altogether, the deposit is refundable (except they'll withhold the $100 they gave me as an OBC). I'm thinking the OBC had to be used while on the current cruise. I booked very late in the cruise but had other refundable OBC so it worked out for me.

I booked in May while on Riviera. I received a small discount on the new cruise, a reduced deposit amount of $250/per person for an Ocean View, and an additional $100 OBC for the cruise I was on. I'm allowed to make one change to a different cruise and still retain the benefits (if before final payment date) and if I decide to cancel altogether, the deposit is refundable (except they'll withhold the $100 they gave me as an OBC). I'm thinking the OBC had to be used while on the current cruise. I booked very late in the cruise but had other refundable OBC so it worked out for me.

Yes I think you also get an OBC on your current cruise

I have never book onboard but have read others mentioning it

26,000 posts you must love Cruise Critic.

Thanks for you quick reply - here's hoping you get another 26,000 posts.

it is an addiction

I need to get a life :D

I admire you, Lyn. I am addicted as well but in more years on CC I just got up to the 5,000 club ...

Then again, when I joined I wasn't posting all that much ... I was still involved with the Yahoo Oceania board ...

Mura

Same deal when I booked on board in March for a 2016 voyage.

Same deal as "Solar Yellow?"

I should have emphasized the small in "small discount." It's a token. The person that received free gratuities, OBC, and free internet received those because the current offer on the cruise they chose included those. They didn't get them for booking on board.

Hi Lynn

You also have to keep up with. Changes.

The 5% discount ended years ago. Its a small discount.

Thanks Lou/Marsha

I just book with my TA & not worry about booking onboard she looks after me ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

:confused:

We will be taking our first Oceania Cruise in about 4 weeks. I am thinking about booking another cruise and I am sure that booking it on-board is a better idea, because they for sure going to offer some sort of deal. Experienced Oceania cruisers what should I expect?

Again this will be our first Oceania Cruise, but it will be a 50 day cruise. We are thinking about another long cruise in fall of 2016. I know the current prices and have been told to complete the booking on board. Again what incentive should I expect, thanks!!!

You do not have to book a specific cruise to get the extra 4 to 5%. Just get a future cruise credit certificate. You can even get two if you wish. They are $1500 each and they are valid for two years and fully refundable. The only thing you do not get is the $100 OBC.

We have done that several times especially if we need to wait for the next years cruises that usually come out in September.

You do not have to book a specific cruise to get the extra 4 to 5%. Just get a future cruise credit certificate. You can even get two if you wish. They are $1500 each and they are valid for two years and fully refundable. The only thing you do not get is the $100 OBC.

We have done that several times especially if we need to wait for the next years cruises that usually come out in September.

4 to 5% is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!!!!

I have never found the onboard booking to be a big deal. Yes, you get a $100 OBC for the cruise you are presently on, but that is about it. Then you have to wait around for the "ambassador" (cruise booker) to become available. When you do the homework, there really isn't a deal.

We booked a 14 day cruise for this summer while on board...gratuities,wi-fi and an OBC were the perks!! Can't wait for our summer adventure on Riviera!

Yes - same as Solar Yellow. This was for the 2016 Sirena Inaguaral. I think you get different perks for different cruises.

Thanks Lou/Marsha

I just book with my TA & not worry about booking onboard she looks after me ;)

Lyn

What she said;

always works better for me than booking onboard.

We have found it is definitely better to book while on board. Also if you are going to book a back to back cruise you will even get a bigger discount. The best thing to do is check with your TA and find out what they will offer you for a cruise you might be interested in. Then book onboard and Oceania will transfer the booking to your TA. You will get whatever Oceania is offering on the cruise plus what your TA is offering (TA will add their amenities after you return and they send you a revised invoice with their benefits). The last two cruises we also got the 100 obc which did have to be used on that cruise. Also it does look like sometimes they offer a reduced deposit that is better than what is being currently offered if you wait and book when you are off the ship. One other plus to book while on the ship is the Ambassador has access to all the staterooms that are available and you can pick you cabin right there.

Edited by nettarj

I have never found the onboard booking to be a big deal. Yes, you get a $100 OBC for the cruise you are presently on, but that is about it. Then you have to wait around for the "ambassador" (cruise booker) to become available. When you do the homework, there really isn't a deal.

I did do my homework and just saved $450 by booking on board…$175 per person off on the cruise and $100 stateroom credit. In addition I get all of the benefits my travel agent offers which are substantial. $450 is not a massive amount considering prices of Oceania cruises, but I cannot understand the rationale for not booking on board.

I am having an interesting time with a booking I made recently on board Regatta.

I spoke with the Oceania representative on board and selected a future cruise and she gave a copy of the itinerary with hand written pricing.

I took it away to discuss with my DW and went back and agreed with the booking.

When the formal quote was sent to our room on the last night of the cruise I was amazed to see the price was 20% higher than the hand written agreed amount.

First thing in the morning I went to reception to query the price and was told the Rep was not available and had left the ship.

I left details for her to email me but I have never heard from her.

I emailed O on arrival home and they referred me to my TA to resolve.

My TA contacted the local O office who have taken multiple stands on the issue.

Firstly, they said the price stands at the high value, then it was discounted down to the same price I can get on-line (no benefit of booking on board).

I was able to produce the hand written page from the on-board Rep but was told I could have written the price on it! Bit !@# off with that as they changed the price after being wrong, yet they are accusing me!

Hopefully it will resolved as I have should have a price which is better than the Web price as I booked on board. My TA is on the job!

Interesting1 I am ready for another battle on board Insignia. We had been overcharged for Nautica last year and I have a letter from the booking lady on board Nautica confirming US$1000 has been transferred to our OBCs for our Insignia cruise (wouldn't just refund it). According to my TA Oceania has not recognised this and tells them we have far fewer OBCs. Despite the letter, they refuse to adjust the OBCs.

Despite the letter, they refuse to adjust the OBCs.

The same is true for any company when a salesman, who feels liberated by distance from the home office goes rogue.

I sympathize with your situation, but none of those front line Ambassadors have the kind of authority which your offer suggests, so the choices are judgement error or malfeasance.

That staff member may well lose their position as a result of what seems to be a horrifying misrepresentation, but if the Company allowed such behavior to create a bonanza for some, it would not stay in business for very long.

It's the same principle under which your Bank is permitted to withdraw money from your Account if they discover after the fact that the Teller has made an error...... even if you are in possession of what would otherwise be a valid receipt.

The same is true for any company when a salesman, who feels liberated by distance from the home office goes rogue.

I sympathize with your situation, but none of those front line Ambassadors have the kind of authority which your offer suggests, so the choices are judgement error or malfeasance.

That staff member may well lose their position as a result of what seems to be a horrifying misrepresentation, but if the Company allowed such behavior to create a bonanza for some, it would not stay in business for very long.

It's the same principle under which your Bank is permitted to withdraw money from your Account if they discover after the fact that the Teller has made an error...... even if you are in possession of what would otherwise be a valid receipt.

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! You've got to be kidding.

Guess based on your ridiculous statement everyone need to get any pricing for any transaction with any business approved and signed by the President of the company for it to be valid????

By the way, your bank example is an apples and oranges example to the OP's issue. A written quote is a valid Contract, an error by a teller is a complete different issue.

Let's try this valid example, if an airline sells a ticket at an erroneous price based on what is in the computer by an employee of the airline, they are required to honor that ticket price.