hello and first post

niccynoo66

So here goes .....

Hi :)

I have booked my very first cruise on Carnival Vista July 2016. It will be me, husband and two children, my son who will be 13 and my daughter who will be ten.

I have so much to learn and ask but wanted to say hello and what a great site this is ,

Nicky xx

Nicky, welcome to Cruise Critic and to the World Of Cruising. If you enjoy your first cruise as much as we did, you will be cruising again and again.

I would recommend visiting the Carnival Cruise Line Board where you can get a lot of good information and also going to the roll call section and looking for the roll call for your cruise. This is where fellow members of Cruise Critic who are on your cruise post.

Again, welcome.

Keith

Welcome! Its an interesting forum with lots of information. I really felt in control when we went on our first cruise, we attended the meet and mingle which was really good for getting to know a few faces.

If you have questions then just ask away, but expect there to be a bun fight somewhere on the thread, it seems to happen to the most innocuous of questions! Just ignore the people who you don't agree with.

Enjoy!

So here goes .....

Hi :)

I have booked my very first cruise on Carnival Vista July 2016. It will be me, husband and two children, my son who will be 13 and my daughter who will be ten.

I have so much to learn and ask but wanted to say hello and what a great site this is ,

Nicky xx

sometimes the information is overwhelming

For your kids-- you will tell them that the orientation for the kids camps are manadatory- especially for the 13 year old son. at 13 they are too cool for programs. At this age the kids tend to hang out more then do the program. Its important for him to get to the meet and greet and attend the ice breaker to meet the kids on his sailing.

the daughter will be in the 9-11 program and she can sign herself in and out. The 9-11 is the best on the waters. She will have an orientation the first night-- but no activities.

there will be a family dance party about 8pm with prizes etc. (not very well attended in our experience)

Ask for traditional early dining-- this way the kids are done eating before the activities start for the evening.. and they will not have a lot of down time.

camps close for dinner at 5pm and do not open again until 7.

Taking later dinner-- the camps will be closing at 10pm (unless you want to pay for it.

We made dinner madatory for my family-- it was the only time we saw the kids-- except for when they are sleeping

Welcome.

Find the Carnival board and read some of those posts for information.

You can also post questions about Carnival there.

Go to the Roll Call section of CC, choose Carnival, and then find the date of your cruise. You can post there or just lurk, finding what your fellow passengers are planning. It is a good way to join tours that are being planned.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

I remember my first cruise! It can be so exciting but overwhelming at the same time. There can be a lot of questions too! There are a lot of people here willing to answer any you may have. Ask away!

Welcome to CC!! You will find great fun in researching the ports you are going to be stopping in and figuring out what each has to offer. The kids will get excited and the time will start to crawl when you reach about 100 days until cruise day! Just one tip: don't set your expectations based on someone else's opinion. You will see some who absolutely love some aspect of your cruise and some that say they will never do "that" again. Set your goal for a great and amazing family experience and enjoy the fun!! :D

wow !

I have just got in from work and am amazed and really grateful for the warm welcome and really useful information. Am feeling much better now I have found this site and can get on some with some reading now I am home,

thanks, your time to send the comments are appreciated

Nicky xxx

the two boards you want to get used to is the Carnival boards

and the port of calls boards.

these two will help you the most

Not all cruise lines are the same

Edited by serene56