Big Price Drop - After Final Payment Date - Options?

I called in and they said no adjustment/onboard credit could be made for my 7/25 sailing, but did give me a guaranteed balcony upgrade for free (was in an interior room). That's nice. Certainly take it.

Are there/were there other options if I pushed?

I called in and they said no adjustment/onboard credit could be made for my 7/25 sailing, but did give me a guaranteed balcony upgrade for free (was in an interior room). That's nice. Certainly take it.

Royal gives no credit of any kind after final payment date.

The upgrade you got is about the only other option.

Edited by clarea

My only question is what type of balcony guarantee did you get? I see you are sailing on Oasis from your other posts. There are neighborhood balcony guarantees and there are ocean view balcony guarantees. Just make sure you were given the one that coincides with the price that you paid for your inside.

Wouldn't both/either be upgrade?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, but personally, I would prefer an ocean view balcony than one that over looks either central park or the boardwalk. If the price difference only gives me a neighborhood balcony over an inside cabin, I would take it, but I would prefer an ocean view balcony given a choice.

Wouldn't both/either be upgrade?

Yes, either would be an upgrade from an inside.

Many people would want an oceanview balcony, and I'd check if you are getting or eligible for that.

So if this route is taken no guarentee can be given on your room? If the upgrade fairy comes, she comes with a specific room, correct?

sometimes she comes with a stateroom number and sometimes she comes with a guarantee. Inside to a balcony guarantee is great. Dont let the neighborhood complicate it.:rolleyes:

sometimes she comes with a stateroom number and sometimes she comes with a guarantee. Inside to a balcony guarantee is great. Dont let the neighborhood complicate it.:rolleyes:

Why does the neighborhood complicate it? The OP should get whatever type balcony they are eligible for, nothing complicated in that at all.

Yup, no room number, just a promise for A balcony

You will not get a cabin number right away with a guarantee but you can tell what type of guarantee it is by looking at your new invoice or by logging into your account online.

Why does the neighborhood complicate it? The OP should get whatever type balcony they are eligible for, nothing complicated in that at all.

I would think ANY balcony is better than inside? I know I sure am tickled to death that I went from an inside cabin to a CP balcony for zero out of my pocket! :) Even got 225.00 OBC too. Yeah, most certainly would rather have the oceanview balcony but those are WAY out of my price range. The TA I switched my reservation booked me in the CP balcony under group pricing is the way I was able to do it for nothing

Edited by ryano

I would think ANY balcony is better than inside? I know I sure am tickled to death that I went from an inside cabin to a CP balcony for zero out of my pocket! :) Even got 225.00 OBC too. Yeah, most certainly would rather have the oceanview balcony but those are WAY out of my price range. The TA I switched my reservation booked me in the CP balcony under group pricing is the way I was able to do it for nothing

I agree, Ryan and actually said that I would take a neighborhood balcony over an inside cabin. There are both neighborhood balcony guarantees and ocean view balcony guarantees available on that sailing and the price difference isn't that big. Only the OP knows what they paid for their cabin, if they are eligible for an ocean view balcony, they should get it. Just trying to make them aware of the differences in the guarantee categories.:)

Yes, but personally, I would prefer an ocean view balcony than one that over looks either central park or the boardwalk. If the price difference only gives me a neighborhood balcony over an inside cabin, I would take it, but I would prefer an ocean view balcony given a choice.

I agree but last year I had a Central Park balcony and we LOVED it[emoji267]

I agree but last year I had a Central Park balcony and we LOVED it[emoji267]

Agree, any upgrade to a balcony (regardless) from an inside would be great for the OP. And hard for anyone else to say which is better other than their own personal choice. The OP could end up with a Boardwalk or Central Park view and actually love it..;)

I agree, Ryan and actually said that I would take a neighborhood balcony over an inside cabin. There are both neighborhood balcony guarantees and ocean view balcony guarantees available on that sailing and the price difference isn't that big. Only the OP knows what they paid for their cabin, if they are eligible for an ocean view balcony, they should get it. Just trying to make them aware of the differences in the guarantee categories.:)

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be informative. I think most people wouldn't be thinking of the difference between the categories because they are excited by any upgrade but you're right, if they paid enough to be upgraded to an OV they should be aware of that.

Your comments also help others who may be in a similar position.

Edited by marci22

I know things have changed but just last year there was a huge drop in my price after final payment I said what the hell I called got a GREAT rep on the phone. I ended up with just over $400. OBC!!! Never hurts to ask [emoji267]

It's a neighborhood one.

Congratulations, an upgrade to a balcony for free!

You got a great deal. Normally you would have got an upgrade only if you paid for it. Not sure what all the conversation is about.

OP,when prices drop after final payment you can upgrade with little to no charge. Sounds like that's what happened. You didn't get a "free" ugrade, you just upgraded to a higher category for no extra cost as that category now cost the amount you paid or less. Let me give you an example. I paid $1900 per person for a D-1 Balcony to Alaska. 3 weeks out the JS cost $1750. Now, I couldn't upgrade for $1750, but I could for free. So the JS cost me $1900. But it was a good deal upgrade. My guess is that the Balcony guarantee is the same or less than what you paid for an inside cabin. So you can switch with no cost. If a D-1 balcony cost $50 more than what you paid, then you could upgrade for $50. Anyway, any balcony is better than an inside cabin.

Edited by papaflamingo

of course you would:)