Why navigator prices are so low?

Hello

For 2016 I have a reservation for the navigator and oasis. I'm only going to go in one so I will cancel the other one right before final payment. I have been in both ships and I know they are a complete different experience, but something that caught my attention is that navigator prices are almost 40% cheaper compared to oasis departing the same month.

Is there anything wrong about navigator lately that I was not aware of? To be honest I rather sail in the navigator and save almost 40% of my cruise

Thanks for the advise

Hello

For 2016 I have a reservation for the navigator and oasis. I'm only going to go in one so I will cancel the other one right before final payment. I have been in both ships and I know they are a complete different experience, but something that caught my attention is that navigator prices are almost 40% cheaper compared to oasis departing the same month.

Is there anything wrong about navigator lately that I was not aware of? To be honest I rather sail in the navigator and save almost 40% of my cruise

Thanks for the advise

I faced the same situation while looking for our cruise. We decided on the Navigator for Feb 2016. Price was low enough for us to get Grand Suite versus Balcony on Oasis. Prices have gone up on Navigator since I booked by over 75 pp.

Edited by cincicruisers

In general, there are just far too many cruise ship cabins available on the current market, with about another 8,000 coming on line from new builds every single year!

Each and every one of those cabins need to be booked EVERY sail date to be profitable.

A few weeks ago I booked a 35 night B2B on Explorer OTS for UNDER $50pp per night. (doesn't include taxes or tips, but doesn't include over $500 OBC either) :eek: :D :cool:

Airlines sometimes have to park MANY hundred million dollar airplanes due to excess capacity. I wonder if cruise lines can afford to park a few billion dollar cruise ships due to the same problem...

Edited by teecee60

Hello

Thanks for the advise

Navigator not as popular as oasis/allure/harmony.

I believe that depends on who is buying. We have -0- interest in booking

Oasis/Allure/Harmony.

I had no interest in booking HOS until I saw the "low" prices for early 2017.... however that changed quickly...glad I booked when I did.

A few weeks ago I booked a 35 night B2B on Explorer OTS for UNDER $50pp per night. (doesn't include taxes or tips, but doesn't include over $500 OBC either) :eek: :D :cool:

What level of room is this for and would you share the dates? :D

the price difference was the reason we booked navigator for our spring break trip next year. Stinks it's only a 6 nighter but i wasn't paying the difference of $1000+ for one extra night on a different ship. I would love to go on one of the new giant ships with all the crazy stuff they have but i cant justify the price difference and won't sacrifice a balcony for an inside with a baby.

I had seen some great deals as well for the 6 night on Nav at end of Feb. With all the new large ships coming around in the next few years, they either need ALOT more people cruising to fill all those rooms or there are going to be some problems.

I am hoping that prices will drop on some of the older ships in the fleet as a result of the new ships coming onboard in the next 18mths or so!!

the price difference was the reason we booked navigator for our spring break trip next year. Stinks it's only a 6 nighter but i wasn't paying the difference of $1000+ for one extra night on a different ship. I would love to go on one of the new giant ships with all the crazy stuff they have but i cant justify the price difference and won't sacrifice a balcony for an inside with a baby.

I was thinking Oasis myself over spring break 2016, but for 6 of us it would have been another $3k total for 2 oceanviews compared to the 2 balcony connecting I have on Navigator now. Would love to try at some point with the kids, but not that time of year.

I agree, we picked the 6 day Navigator for spring 2016 strictly due to cost. If a better deal comes along you can move, but at least your locked in at a good rate and room now. I've also found reasonable flight costs for April. We can use MIA or FLL and take one way flights to keep costs down.

We've also noticed that Navigator is less money. This brings up a question about Navigator and other ships that size with RCCL. We are fairly new to RCCL and have only sailed on the Oasis twice and are booked on the Allure in November. In the past, we sailed HAL for seven cruises since those cruises were in Europe, the Baltic, and Mediterranean. All were port intensive cruises so we didn't much care that there weren't too many things to do on board the HAL ships. For us, the Oasis was the destination and we loved it. Now we're wondering how Navigator and other smaller RCCL ships compare to HAL. Would we be bored on Navigator after the Oasis and Allure? Sailing out of Galveston appeals to us.

We've also noticed that Navigator is less money. This brings up a question about Navigator and other ships that size with RCCL. We are fairly new to RCCL and have only sailed on the Oasis twice and are booked on the Allure in November. In the past, we sailed HAL for seven cruises since those cruises were in Europe, the Baltic, and Mediterranean. All were port intensive cruises so we didn't much care that there weren't too many things to do on board the HAL ships. For us, the Oasis was the destination and we loved it. Now we're wondering how Navigator and other smaller RCCL ships compare to HAL. Would we be bored on Navigator after the Oasis and Allure? Sailing out of Galveston appeals to us.

If the shows on Oasis made the cruise for you then you might have issues with Navigator as the entertainment, in my opinion, on the Oasis class ships can't be beat. I LOVE the Aqua Theather. However, Navigator still has ice shows, Production shows, and comedy shows. It has a rock wall, basketball court, and flowrider, and mini golf.

Only you can decide which parts of Oasis really made the cruise for you and whether not having those things would make a cruise not enjoyable. We easily go back and forth between the Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships. We rarely do a Radiance class ship as we really enjoy the Royal Promenade and miss it when on a ship without one. But although we enjoy Boardwalk and Central Park when on Oasis/Allure we can do without those quite well when on Voyager/Freedom class ships.