Coming back to the fold

iheartbda

It's been a number of years since we've cruised Celebrity and I'm anxious to get back so I have a few questions.

Are concierge cabins located in a particular part of the ship or specific decks? Rather than location are they listed as concierge because of the perks that come with them and location can be anywhere as in deck, and, mid, fore or aft?

In the past, Celebrity offered a one category up grade no matter the cabin but it looks like now that is only offered within the Aqua class. Did I read that correctly?

Merci beaucoup

Welcome!

You're right on both aspects of the Concierge Class. They are located in specific areas of the ship (usually more desirable areas), and they are also differentiated due to the extra perks of being in a Concierge Class, as opposed to a regular Veranda cabin.

As for the one-cat upgrade, I really don't know. I know that if you are high enough in the Captain's Club program, they allow a one-category upgrade in almost any room, not just Aqua class. Maybe someone else can provide more insight on that question.

De rien!

Here's an excerpt from the Captain's Club Terms and Conditions:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Here's an excerpt from the Captain's Club Terms and Conditions:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

As far as concierge goes, you can upgrade from a C3 to a C2, but not to a C1,

Steve

On M class ships many of the concierge and aqua staterooms are on deck 9, just below the pool deck and that can be a problem if the pool deck is busy that will create noise for those below.

On M class ships many of the concierge and aqua staterooms are on deck 9, just below the pool deck and that can be a problem if the pool deck is busy that will create noise for those below.

I think the cabin is slightly larger on M class ships, but not S class.

Be advised that although the perks in Concierge seem to be a lot, they really are not. For example, the concierge is available to the entire ship not just concierge cabins, priority check in only means a separate line, other lines may be shorter. I would never book a concierge cabin for the perks, just not worth. I would however book an AQ cabin just to eat in Blu.

Be advised that although the perks in Concierge seem to be a lot, they really are not. For example, the concierge is available to the entire ship not just concierge cabins, priority check in only means a separate line, other lines may be shorter. I would never book a concierge cabin for the perks, just not worth. I would however book an AQ cabin just to eat in Blu.

I found there are not any major advantages to booking Concierge. I would look at price and location. I also have found that your luggage does not make it up to your room any faster in Concierge. But if the price is right….

Concierge cabins on m class ships are a bit larger than regular verandah cabins, the perks are really nothing special and on m-class a lot of the cabins are under the pool deck. You will save money purchasing a verandah stateroom instead. If you want a bit more perks, try an Aqua cabin. They have their own dining room, Blu and it is marvelous besides other perks.

The only other reason I've seen to book a Concierge cabin is if you need additional points for the Captain's Club because you get more of those for this room category.

This is the reason we've booked it rather than a balcony in the past. Our elite travel companions didn't. Also the 1-2-3 if you booked concierge was a good incentive as well. It made up for the difference over a balcony on our upcoming cruise.

There is a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin when you arrive but that's about it for the perks. The canapés were awful and we stopped ordering them.

I enjoyed the perks of Aqua Class...Persian Gardens, Blu, free bottled water, and the afternoon tea in the room.

Last cruise on the Constellation we were in AQ on deck 9. it was fine and no noise,and the overhang did not bother us at all. Eating in Blu was ok, but I really missed the MDR late seating and the attention of the same waiters for the whole cruise and leisurely dinner, but that is just me.

This time we will be again on the Constellation, but in a C1 aft cabin with its huge balcony, late seating in MDR, the other little perks in the room and the beverage package of course. Persian gardens are underwhelming on the M class ships.

Look for some good pricing for AQ or CC , it can be done for almost the same as a veranda closer to the sailing.

Edited by Azulann

Welcome back to X, iheartbda! :) I have so enjoyed reading your posts on the Ports-of-Call Bermuda boards. You always provide useful information about that lovely island. :cool:

I would agree with others that Concierge Class is not worth paying a lot more for (compared to a regular veranda cabin). One exception (for me anyway) are the aft C-1's on the Millie Class -- with their huge, beautiful balconies! Sadly, none of the S-Class aft cabins (even the Sky Suites) have over-sized balconies.

One other thing about Concierge Class: one of the 'perks' is a plate of canapes, delivered every afternoon (around 4:00). I've never cared for these, but have had very good luck asking my room steward for a cheese plate, instead. They will want you to let them know what time you'll be in the room, for delivery.

Let us know what ships/itineraries you're considering -- lots of good info (and opinions ;)) to be had, on this board.

Edited by wwcruisers

Recently on Eclipse in Blu, we had the same waiters for the entire 15 days at dinner. The hostess was great and seated basically the same 4 couples at 4 tables alongside each other. We got to know each other well and the last night, we had them pull the 4 tables together. The entire 8 of us ordered the same entree for dinner! Someone said it was a royal flush!:D

Recently on Eclipse in Blu, we had the same waiters for the entire 15 days at dinner. The hostess was great and seated basically the same 4 couples at 4 tables alongside each other. We got to know each other well and the last night, we had them pull the 4 tables together. The entire 8 of us ordered the same entree for dinner! Someone said it was a royal flush!:D

Not to go too far OT, but it's interesting that you should mention this. On last year's Eclipse Holiday Cruise, we had a very similar experience in Select Dining. We ended up eating about the same time every evening, in the same area, near the same two charming couples. By the end of the cruise, the Hostess was just automatically seating us at the same row of 2-tops. So, I'm not missing traditional seating as much as I had thought. :cool:

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I just started looking around at cruises and Celebrity has a reduced rate for northeast cruisers. I may be wrong but, it seemed that a concierge cabin was cheaper than a veranda but it's a guarantee. Just thought it might be nice to try, however, we prefer to pick our cabin location.

One thing I found interesting was, some of the things that are now listed as amenities were the norm a "few" years ago. We had robes, daily ice, q tips, cotton balls, etc.:)

I'm always intrigues when people say cruising is getting so expensive. The price I was looking at for a veranda is just about the same as we paid for an inside on the dear little Zenith to the same place when we started cruising in early 2,000.

I'm looking at the Summit to Bermuda but DH is not yet "onboard". He says too many things have changed in Bermuda with the big ships now going there. It's only going to get worse so I'm thinking this might be the last year I also want to go there. We shall see.

We've been on four different lines and never had a bad cruise but Celebrity has always been our favorite. There was just "something" that the other lines were missing.

Edited by iheartbda

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I just started looking around at cruises and Celebrity has a reduced rate for northeast cruisers. I may be wrong but, it seemed that a concierge cabin was cheaper than a veranda but it's a guarantee. Just thought it might be nice to try, however, we prefer to pick our cabin location.

One thing I found interesting was, some of the things that are now listed as amenities were the norm a "few" years ago. We had robes, daily ice, q tips, cotton balls, etc.:)

I'm always intrigues when people say cruising is getting so expensive. The price I was looking at for a veranda is just about the same as we paid for an inside on the dear little Zenith to the same place when we started cruising in early 2,000.

I'm looking at the Summit to Bermuda but DH is not yet "onboard". He says too many things have changed in Bermuda with the big ships now going there. It's only going to get worse so I'm thinking this might be the last year I also want to go there. We shall see.

We've been on four different lines and never had a bad cruise but Celebrity has always been our favorite. There was just "something" that the other lines were missing.

Re: Summit to Bermuda. I think you'll find that Dockyard (with 2 big ships in port) can be a real zoo! But, once you manage to hop a bus or ferry out of there, you can find the Bermuda that you remember. Go for it! :cool: