MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Went to look through the roll calls for the Seaside and I can't find them anymore. When you use the "Find your Roll Call" tool the Seaside is not listed under MSC any longer. Is this user error or are others having same issue?

Went to look through the roll calls for the Seaside and I can't find them anymore. When you use the "Find your Roll Call" tool the Seaside is not listed under MSC any longer. Is this user error or are others having same issue?

I've noticed this as well. I can find thread for my sailing which I have posted in by going thru my subscribed threads, but I cannot find the Seaside RC's via the "Find Your Roll Call" feature.

I have been eagerly following this thread as I will be sailing on Seaside next February.

I thought this might be interesting for the ship freaks ... NCL has released renderings of their Leonardo Class which look suspiciously like Seaside!

It's interesting how Fincantieri is using the same prototype (Project Mille) across different cruise lines.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7642

Looks ugly from the front unlike Seaside, a mix of Seaside and Aida Prima which also looks ugly from the front, the interiors look good though.

Notice very little lower open deck space on the NCL ship.

The NCL version (Project Leonardo) is shorter than MSC SEASIDE, although both designs appear to be based off Fincantieri's Project Mille prototype. I'm sure Fincantieri created a few different versions to cater to different markets, and NCL opted for the shorter version. What appears to be sacrificed by being shorter is the glass covered pool forward of the funnel on SEASIDE. So it looks like one main pool for the entire ship on the NCL version. I'm guessing the forward pool will be reserved for The Haven, there is no glass covered pool because the ship is shorter, so that leaves one pool farther aft. NCL states there will be "infinity pools" located on the lower deck aft where MSC SEASIDE has a large pool, but I'm taking a guess here and thinking it will be nothing more than a series of oversized jacuzzis.

One of the great features of this class of ship is the open deck space. MSC seems to have maximized it with great open spaces and pools. I'm guessing NCL will place tons of "stuff" up there (aka attractions), taking up all the great deck space. By the time they are done you probably won't even be able to recognize the funnel, which is practically the case on the Breakaway Class.

I do love the bow on Project Leonardo though. I know a lot of people don't like that bow design, but it really appeals to me. AIDA PRIMA, CELEBRITY EDGE, and the new LNG powered ships from Carnival Corp. have a similar bow design.

Looks like the designers have attempted to incorporate the X bow on the NCL ship as used on the North sea support ships sailing out of Norway.

The Aida Prima bow looks like a WW1 battleship design.

Had a great time at Seatrade Cruise Global 2017 this year. As usual my favorite part was the ship model displays from the various shipyards. Fincantieri had the overall best display this year, and the MSC SEASIDE model was the highlight for me at least. She really is a great and unique looking ship. Attached are some photos I took of the model. The detail is quite impressive, even the zip line is there! Hope you enjoy.

32652060593_6c3404a672_h.jpg

32652060043_53675c8ef5_h.jpg

32652059253_7fbabde9e9_h.jpg

32652058683_6c05e26756_h.jpg

32652058073_f7edc3d78a_h.jpg

Thank you for posting the photos! I was trying to figure out which part was the YC area. The one small pool and hots tubs at the very front seem to have a fence which implies they are YC, but then the area with the cabanas also seems to have the food area I have seen on other ships, with the tables. So are the front part AND the cabana part both YC? Confused...

Anyone have details about the helipad location? Kinda weird to have this near the pool area, blocking the big screen view.

Or is that something else like a stage with band/performer for animation?

Thank you for posting the photos! I was trying to figure out which part was the YC area. The one small pool and hots tubs at the very front seem to have a fence which implies they are YC, but then the area with the cabanas also seems to have the food area I have seen on other ships, with the tables. So are the front part AND the cabana part both YC? Confused...

You are forgetting that Aurea cabins/suits have a private sun deck too. So one at the front YC with pool & bar

The one at the back is private adult area with hot tubs. And pool at back a public pool?

This is just a guess.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

While it would be a great area for those of us in the Aurea suites and Balconies I am not sure they would make that area exclusive due to the Bridge of Sighs that goes between the Aft Suites which I am sure most people at some point would want to cross.

The Aft pool area hopefully will be Adults only like the Carnival Vista.