MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

... it seems strange that the buffet would be located on Deck 8 since that is very far removed from the pool/Lido deck.

Wouldn't there be a lot of traffic between the two which are usually located close together?

According to the existing MSC deck plans it looks like both the Deck 7 South Beach pool and Deck 16 Panorama pool have easy to access nearby bars and buffets. One interesting thing is the ship looks divided mid ship, it may not be possible for passengers to walk from forward to aft on deck 16. It looks like only galley and crew passages between the aft buffet and forward specialty restaurants. I guess they don't expect YC on 16 to be going to the Panorama pool.

There are several threads just about these Seaside Grand Suites. From the model pictures starting with post #861 on this thread and from actual pictures of the ship it is pretty definite the port and starboard GS will have a side facing balcony and a forward facing window. Even though the center suite seems more popular booking wise I think the side facing are fine. The balcony will be more useful and you get an extra window. I believe they will also have the two bedroom two bath with separate living area, just with a curved wall. The exception is the two side ones on Deck 14 which are listed as two person capacity. I have no idea what is up with that.

I think that only the middle GS will be a two bedroom suite. I have yet to see any renderings of the side GS suites. For a ship that due out in about eight months, you would think we would see more renderings of the actual cabins that people have booked.

eroller,

Thanks for the brochure pic. Not sure where you get that one from, but I did order the MSC Excursion brochure for 2017-18. We are booked on Seaside sailing Dec 1. Loved seeing all the pics and news on the construction shown on this thread.

Jim

My interpretation is the multiple rings above the aft panoramic elevators is the landing area, the take off area would be the top platform at the aqua park, just aft of the funnels.
Here's a description from a travel site.

Z is for Zip Line

Calling all thrill seekers! MSC Seaside will house two of the longest zip lines ever seen at sea. Each of the runs start mid-ship, high above the deck at the funnel, and fly you 425-feet to the aft, making it the fastest way to get across the ship!

Is the small deck area on the very front of 15 for crew (officers) only?

I believe the front of Deck 15 is the Bridge, so it would be for officers and crew only.

There is a small open deck forward on deck 16, which is directly above the Bridge. I don't know for sure, but I think this deck space will be exclusive for Yacht Club guests since it's adjacent to the entire Yacht Club complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ate ... I took a look at the Deck 16 area you were talking about, it does look somewhat odd in so far as it appears that you have to go through one area to reach another! the Ocean Cay restaurant looks like you have to go through the Sushi bar and Pan Asian on the Starboard side in order to get to it on the Port side! it does look very odd.

With regard to deck 8 you can go from the back of the ship to the spa area inside.

Eroller ... A few of us get the feeling that only YC guests will have access to the area on top of the bridge.

It is beyond time that MSC started to join the dots together on a number of issues such as cabins and who gets which part of the deck space.

Thanks to everyone who has added to this thread. We have just booked a Fantastica Balcony for March 2018 with our family (2 daughters age 4 and 8 at sailing). The updates on contruction have been very exciting to follow.

Looking at all the models, am I correct in thinking the aft pool, panorama pool, and the waterpark are all public pools and the rest will be for Aurea and YC guests?

We were just on NCL escape and bascially having one pool for the children including their waterpark was definately a draw back for parents. The pool area for the children was tucked away where there was very little sun and no loungers (you had to stand against a wall to keep an eye out on the kids).

I would expect that the Jungle pool (covered) and the Panorama pool with be for anyone on the ship, the South beach pool on Deck 7 so far is anyone's guess but could be Adult only.

The waterpark pool may be kids only but again no info as yet is available, although from the artist renderings it looks that way.

Anyone have details about the helipad location? Kinda weird to have this near the pool area, blocking the big screen view. Or is that something else like a stage with band/performer for animation?

I think it's very unlikely to be a helipad as the zip lines are above, it's much too hard to take those down for an evacuation. I think most medical evacuations are done w/o the helicopter landing, so there are better areas forward of the Magrodome. Most likely it's a stage, to me it doesn't appear to block the screen view significantly unless you are in the pool.

Looking at all the models, am I correct in thinking the aft pool, panorama pool, and the waterpark are all public pools and the rest will be for Aurea and YC guests?

I agree with sidari that Jungle and Panorama pools would be open to all, with South Beach pool as a possible adult only. I think the Aqua Adventure are would be open to all as it is the access point for the water slides and zip lines, but MSC's video of the area definitely show the lower parts are kid oriented.

The two small forward pools look to be some combination of Aurea/Yacht Club private.

Edited by Até

When I was looking for that Aqua park video I ran across this rendering video with an aft view that shows the correct aft window orientation so appears newer than most I've seen. What is interesting is it also shows the deck nine aft Aurea balconies as fully covered. Sorry, I haven't figured how to embed the video.

Ate ... Looking at the video they are still showing old,original render of Deck 8 with the bicycles! which is where the Deck 9 balconies come out.

I see what you are saying re the Deck 9 balconies but the one nearest the Aft is shown in Green while the others do appear to be covered, they may well be the dividing screens.

Lots of the video is old. I was referring to the short bit starting at 14 seconds where they are totally uncovered, then starting at 19 seconds they look fully covered. Like some type of retracting canopy. Every other rendering I've seen shows like in the model where they are partially covered with a roof. It just seemed newer because the aft didn't have the top to bottom vertical lines near the panoramic elevators where they now have windows.

ETA: Looking back at the model maybe those have always supposed to be retractable, just shown in the midway position. Or in the video the dividers make it look funny.

Edited by Até

Thanks!! It would make more sense for the South Beach pool to be adults only and have the covered jungle pool for kids also.

I guess we won't know until they actually open but I'm good with the fact that there is a strong cahnce there will be more than one area for the kids to play and swim.

Ate ... The original renderings for those balconies had glass screens all the way around and what looked like Astro turf, from the video I am fairly certain that what you can see that you think may be a canopy is in fact White dividing screens.

I agree, it's the solid white dividers making it look weird. I'm on the fence about booking one of those, I'm not sure I want to be exposed to all the above cabins if out lounging on the balcony, a cover would be nice as I don't like the direct sun all the time. I suppose the ship model version of partially covered would be ideal. It also doesn't help that I don't know where the Aurea solarium is.

We had originally booked one of those suites for the December 23rd sailing but managed to bag one of the aft suites instead.

MSC need to start and release info about the cabins, the generic terms that they currently have and lack of artist rendering for the suites is beyond a joke, coupled with the lack of a Deck 19 plan.

We had originally booked one of those suites for the December .

Are those really suites? The diagram looks like a standard cabin just with a bigger balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are those really suites? The diagram looks like a standard cabin just with a bigger balcony.

The aft ones on deck nine are Aurea suites and have very deep balconies. The forward ones on deck nine are Aurea balconies and also have a larger balcony. I'm kind of surprised the mid ship on nine and ten are Bella, not bad.

The aft ones on deck nine are Aurea suites and have very deep balconies. The forward ones on deck nine are Aurea balconies and also have a larger balcony. I'm kind of surprised the mid ship on nine and ten are Bella, not bad.

I just think it's funny MSC is calling these cabins suites. They are just a standard size cabin with a larger balcony. I think referring to them as suites is a stretch.

I just think it's funny MSC is calling these cabins suites. They are just a standard size cabin with a larger balcony. I think referring to them as suites is a stretch.

I tend to agree with you on that. We originally had a Fantastica Suite, (one of those with the slanted balcony). Come to find out it was less than 200sft cabin size, so we changed to a different suite type.

Well, since a true suite has a separate bedroom and living area technically the only suites on the ship are the four YC Royal suites and the dozen or so Grand suites. MSC's, and several other lines, use of the term suite has more to do with the perks provided.

I would expect the Aft suites to be two rooms, the very early floor diagram released by MSC shows them as two.

A trade description of a Suite that I found some time ago says it should be of two rooms or one room divided by a curtain.