MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I have just looked at the graphic pictures on the UK MSC site for a Balcony cabin and the Suite, both are identical but the dimensions are different, Balcony 14 sq metres while the Suite is 28 to 33 Sq metres, so the Deck 9 Suite may be 28 and the Aft Suite 33.

Well, since a true suite has a separate bedroom and living area technically the only suites on the ship are the four YC Royal suites and the dozen or so Grand suites. MSC's, and several other lines, use of the term suite has more to do with the perks provided.

There are only 2 Royal Suite Yacht Club.

Just info. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are only 2 Royal Suite Yacht Club.

Sorry, I forgot those two on deck 18 are HC, which is actually something I find strange. I was surprised they would pick that royal suite location for placing a standard YC deluxe suite.

I would expect the Aft suites to be two rooms, the very early floor diagram released by MSC shows them as two.

Interesting, I suppose there is enough area to make something like that work. Can you point me to that information?

On the same thought of Canadian mama, what are your thoughts on the inside cabins in the Yacht Club on the Seaside?
I thought it would be an inexpensive way to find out if I like the perks of the Yacht Club. I'll let you know after my January cruise.

Thanks to everyone who has added to this thread. We have just booked a Fantastica Balcony for March 2018 with our family (2 daughters age 4 and 8 at sailing). The updates on contruction have been very exciting to follow.

Looking at all the models, am I correct in thinking the aft pool, panorama pool, and the waterpark are all public pools and the rest will be for Aurea and YC guests?

We were just on NCL escape and bascially having one pool for the children including their waterpark was definately a draw back for parents. The pool area for the children was tucked away where there was very little sun and no loungers (you had to stand against a wall to keep an eye out on the kids).

Hi there we also sailed (without our kids) on the escape last year and noticed exactly what you're talking about regarding the kids splash area.

We are bringing our 3 kids (they are all under 10, so we'll needs eyes on at all times) in march 2018 and are hoping the kids set up isn't like the escape. We have an Aurea balcony but I think the aurea pools are adults only anyway. Interested to see how the deck plan plays out.

Sorry, I forgot those two on deck 18 are HC, which is actually something I find strange. I was surprised they would pick that royal suite location for placing a standard YC deluxe suite.

There are 2 staterooms above the Royal suite. The HC stateroom and the Deluxe stateroom (18025 and 18029) combined are roughly the size of the Royal suite (16037).

Ate ... The MSC UK site is currently undergoing maintenance so I am not able to get to see if the cabin details are still there, will try as soon as they have it up and running.

renysmom ... There is no mock up available as yet as far as I know for the Aurea Suites.

On the same thought of Canadian mama, what are your thoughts on the inside cabins in the Yacht Club on the Seaside?

I booked one for January. They look a bit larger than average, plus the finishes are probably upgraded. I debated between a standard balcony or YC interior as they were about the same price. Decided the benefits of the YC outweighed the balcony. I love the idea of a private lounge, restaurant, and pool to get away from the crowds, and at a reasonable price.

Sidari, so they scavenged a diagram from a Fantasia class forward Aurea suite. They may well have picked that image to indicate the Aft Aurea suites will have a separate living area, if so that would be a nice arrangement. I was waiting to get a better idea what those cabins will look like before booking, but I think I picked the wrong strategy. It seems many people are just booking and will see what they get later or cancel if contrary information comes out later, as both the GS and the Aft Aureas are already sold out for many sailings. I also tried the UK site, but do you know a way to get to that stateroom detail screen without first finding a sailing where the cabin has not yet been booked?

Sidari, so they scavenged a diagram from a Fantasia class forward Aurea suite. They may well have picked that image to indicate the Aft Aurea suites will have a separate living area, if so that would be a nice arrangement. I was waiting to get a better idea what those cabins will look like before booking, but I think I picked the wrong strategy. It seems many people are just booking and will see what they get later or cancel if contrary information comes out later, as both the GS and the Aft Aureas are already sold out for many sailings. I also tried the UK site, but do you know a way to get to that stateroom detail screen without first finding a sailing where the cabin has not yet been booked?

Good observation about the diagram being used. I did a dummy booking for a GS and got the same for image for cabin 14003.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Ate ... This is part of the problem, they are using non Seaside cabin descriptions, it really is time that they got their act together and had the correct descriptions for the various cabins.

Without making a booking, dummy or otherwise there is no way of getting to the cabin description, within the Fleet section for Seaside on the website there are some of the cabins with the correct graphic illustration of how they will look, the Aft suites are not one of them.

Ate ... This is part of the problem, they are using non Seaside cabin descriptions, it really is time that they got their act together and had the correct descriptions for the various cabins.

Without making a booking, dummy or otherwise there is no way of getting to the cabin description, within the Fleet section for Seaside on the website there are some of the cabins with the correct graphic illustration of how they will look, the Aft suites are not one of them.

While the image shown may be the incorrect one, at least is a better representation for what the side GS cabin should look like as compare to the MSC USA site. The USA site shows the image of the center GS for every single GS.

I know you have mentioned this before, but it is bizarre how different MSC UK vs. MSC USA websites have different info for the same ship.

And to echo another point you have made, it is indeed time for MSC to reveal more about ALL cabins and update the renderings. I have never booked a cruise in which I have no idea what my cabin looks like inside with less than a year to go. Just recently, when Celebrity revealed Celebrity Edge, they followed with video, images and renderings for ALL cabins categories.

Which would you guys choose? A fantastica oceanview or a Bella balcony. For me an 8 year old and 2 teens? I can't decide.

We opted for Fantastica over Bella on the Divina and Seaside. First and foremost, the Fantastica staterooms are situated in better locations. The Fantastica drink package ($89 per adult value) is not available for those booking Bella staterooms (US bookings). There are a few other perks which make Fantastica a nicer choice for a minimal difference in price - including priority selection in Main Dining Room seating - assuming this is not being changed on the Seaside. In December, my head server told me that the Seaside was supposed to have separate dining rooms for each Experience level (not sure if that is accurate). Flex-dining is supposed to be available for Fantastica, but I am not sure if it will be available to Bella.

I just think it's funny MSC is calling these cabins suites. They are just a standard size cabin with a larger balcony. I think referring to them as suites is a stretch.

I booked an S2 Suite in December 2015. I would have expected a suite to include two separate rooms, or a fixed room divider. It does not appear as though that is the case with MSC, but apparently, some other cruise lines use "suite" vernacular for a larger balcony stateroom. Try looking up dummy bookings ... S2 (#15040) is listed as 215 square feet, while B2 (#15045) is listed as 177 square feet.

I have to say for as cool as SEASIDE looks and with such a unique design, the cabins are a bit of a disappointment. There is nothing really unique or special about them. Not complaining, but it's a shame the cabins don't seem as forward thinking as the ship itself. Maybe there will still be some surprises that MSC hasn't revealed yet?

We opted for Fantastica over Bella on the Divina and Seaside. First and foremost, the Fantastica staterooms are situated in better locations. The Fantastica drink package ($89 per adult value) is not available for those booking Bella staterooms (US bookings). There are a few other perks which make Fantastica a nicer choice for a minimal difference in price - including priority selection in Main Dining Room seating - assuming this is not being changed on the Seaside. In December, my head server told me that the Seaside was supposed to have separate dining rooms for each Experience level (not sure if that is accurate). Flex-dining is supposed to be available for Fantastica, but I am not sure if it will be available to Bella.

It wasn't really the experience I was having a hard time deciding on. It was an oceanview vs a balcony. I'm the info adult so the drink package isn't a big deal. It's the actually cabins I can't decide on

The oceanview would be bigger. Which would be good since there are 4 of us. But it looks like they COULD be noisier based on where they are. The balcony would be quieter but actual cabin looks smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked an S2 Suite in December 2015. I would have expected a suite to include two separate rooms, or a fixed room divider. It does not appear as though that is the case with MSC, but apparently, some other cruise lines use "suite" vernacular for a larger balcony stateroom. Try looking up dummy bookings ... S2 (#15040) is listed as 215 square feet, while B2 (#15045) is listed as 177 square feet.

I think the word - Suite - just gets used vaguely - if you look back at say perhaps the Divina - Their Yacht Club balconies are actually called suites by MSC - and 100% there is no separate bedrooms or dividers in these cabins at all - even hotel rooms in Italy, and Europe in fact, can be called a suite, but really - in some cases, just a bigger room - so i know what you expected with the word - suite - but that is not the case -

You would have needed to look closer at the description and seen the words - separated bedroom and living area -

also, to all - remember, the ship goes from a piece a paper to a massive beautiful structure - things change along the way - this is perhaps one down fall - for some - when booking a ship that was not even had its first piece of steel laid -

this is just my opinion -

Good observation about the diagram being used. I did a dummy booking for a GS and got the same for image for cabin 14003.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Strange, when I try I still get the standard 2br GS diagram, which is wrong based on occupancy of two. The Fantasia Aurea suite diagram would be less misleading. I have read a few complaints from people booked in the deck 14 side GS, e.g. being moved due to occupancy issue, unaware of smaller size, overhang from bridge. I can't figure why they are still priced the same as all the other 2br GS. I do think the port and starboard GS on decks 13, 12, and 11 will be 2br

89e6521d33b33ecfcbe760942a60b6f1.jpg

It wasn't really the experience I was having a hard time deciding on. It was an oceanview vs a balcony. I'm the info adult so the drink package isn't a big deal. It's the actually cabins I can't decide on

The oceanview would be bigger. Which would be good since there are 4 of us. But it looks like they COULD be noisier based on where they are. The balcony would be quieter but actual cabin looks smaller.

First, any Bella cabin is not going to be a prime location.

While the OV cabin size remains the same (183sq/ft) between Fantastica and Bella you will see the Fantastica cabins sell out much faster than the Bella. It may be the experience package benefits, but many people know it is about the same cost to just purchase the vouchers online or on board and I'm not sure how much dining preference plays into it. I feel it also has more to do with the Bella locations being forward and under the theater.

For the first two person $180-200 USD difference per week between OV and balcony there are some nice Bella balcony locations, primarily mid deck ten. Exceptions to watch for are areas above clubs or bars on deck nine and the far forward and aft on higher decks are likely to be hull balconies if that bothers you. They are mostly a reasonable178sq/ft plus a 48sq/ft balcony.

First, any Bella cabin is not going to be a prime location.

While the OV cabin size remains the same (183sq/ft) between Fantastica and Bella you will see the Fantastica cabins sell out much faster than the Bella. It may be the experience package benefits, but many people know it is about the same cost to just purchase the vouchers online or on board and I'm not sure how much dining preference plays into it. I feel it also has more to do with the Bella locations being forward and under the theater.

For the first two person $180-200 USD difference per week between OV and balcony there are some nice Bella balcony locations, primarily mid deck ten. Exceptions to watch for are areas above clubs or bars on deck nine and the far forward and aft on higher decks are likely to be hull balconies if that bothers you. They are mostly a reasonable178sq/ft plus a 48sq/ft balcony.

I was looking at the balconies on deck 10 (midship). Looks like deck 9 is just cabins. And it's not far to go to the buffet and lido area. I would have gone for the ocean view but the location concerns me from a noise point of view.

I'm looking at March 2019 so I have my choice of cabins lol.

I actually priced out the difference between experiences and the Bella would be cheaper if i just paid for 12 drinks for myself and all 3 kids had 12 pops. So I'm concentrating on the cabin location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app