MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I find on most cruises that the overwhelming number of people want to be out in full sun. I, however, as a blue eyed blonde with already one melanoma under my belt, want the shade. I would think the cabanas won't be overrun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have seen a lot of complaints that there is not enough shade on the YC pool deck in other threads. In my experience, European passengers often want to be in the sun, while American passengers often prefer shade. Perhaps the cabanas are a way for MSC to offer shade to satisfy American tastes in the Caribbean?

They don't have to charge for the cabanas, simply make it 'open seating' like they do with the rest of the chairs, and when people leave it becomes available for others. Celebrity has wonderful shaded loungers and hammocks on their Solstice-class ships and they have the same system, with fewer available and more passengers wanting them.

I have seen renderings of the One Pool area with 0, 6, 16 cabanas up to 22 cabanas in the latest deck plan. I guess we won't know for a while longer.

You know, that makes me wonder.... maybe they're portable? Like the temporary tents people set up at farmer's markets and such. Maybe they can just put up as many (or as few) as they want on a given day, and place 2 lounge chairs underneath?

• 2 weeks later...
I find on most cruises that the overwhelming number of people want to be out in full sun. I, however, as a blue eyed blonde with already one melanoma under my belt, want the shade. I would think the cabanas won't be overrun.

I'm with you on this - one bout with melanoma was enough for me. I'm always hiding from the sun now on our cruises. When we were on the Getaway they had about four cabanas in the Haven area...I think all but once were we able to walk up and grab one for an hour or two. Hoping it will be the same on MSC.

Deck 20 is shown in one of the videos which is where the slides and Zip lines are.

It's also shown in the Tech Data post that was recently posted. The same that shows Deck 19, which many of us are seeing for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for posting those deck plans! It is great to see more confirmation that the YC deck area includes both front sections of Deck 19!

Yup I felt the same way!

Wow, it shows "12.2016 ENG" in the last page. Probably it's not the final layout. In deck 20 shows "Aurea Bar", any ideas about that?

Aurea Bar is on Deck 19 not 20. I have no clue if there is anything unique or special about it.

Someone started a new thread for it. I guess someone else should have brought the image here to make it easier for all to see it.

I guess I missed it. Maybe it wasn't titled "Deck 19" and buried in some other thread? Anything saying "Deck 19" would certainly grab my attention as we have been waiting a long time for the deck plan.

I subscribe to this thread, and it's pretty much where I look for the latest on SEASIDE.

Aurea Bar is on Deck 19 not 20. I have no clue if there is anything unique or special about it.

It seemed to me that the area behind the YC sundecks/pool was the Aurea sundeck. Isn't that the 'Aurea bar' there?

It seemed to me that the area behind the YC sundecks/pool was the Aurea sundeck. Isn't that the 'Aurea bar' there?

That is where the Aurea Bar is, on Deck 19 behind the YC as you say. Whether or not it's also a private deck for Aurea Class cabins I don't know. It's not labeled on the deck plan. There is the Top 19 Exclusive Solarium more portside aft on Deck 19.