MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

If you are talking about chrystine, I'm pretty sure she was moved from Fantastica suite to Aurea suite. Still offered no Aurea benefits, she was unhappy that actual interior cabin size was slightly smaller.

Are you saying, they "upgraded" her to an Aurea Suite but did not give her the Aurea benefits? If so, that is not cool.

Are you saying, they "upgraded" her to an Aurea Suite but did not give her the Aurea benefits? If so, that is not cool.

I've known about upgrading a stateroom (but not the accompanying perks) for quite some time. I don't see any issue with that. If someone paid for Fantastica Suite, and was moved to Aurea Suite ... most would consider it an upgrade ... not a downgrade or lateral move. Moving between staterooms isn't the same as upgrading. If someone is moved from Bella interior to Fantastica veranda, you still get the perks of the "experience" which was originally booked.

On the other hand, I booked an S2 Fantastica Suite (December 2015), plus an I2 Fantastica Interior, only to eventually learn that the suite isn't really a suite. We planned to have our adult son meet us in our Suite before the show, so he could relax in the extra space and enjoy the veranda ... but the current floorplan shows the S2 as merely being a slightly larger version of B2 Fantastica Balcony.

One of the main issues it would appear is that instead of breaking down the list of various cabins in each category MSC have only got a generic description and plan of each.

We know that a Fantastica cabin may be smaller or the same size as say a B3 Aurea cabin on Deck 14 or one of the BW Wellness cabins on 13 all three are shown as 178 sq ft on cruise deck plans but in reality that may not be the case. Plus the B3 on Deck 9 has a 48 sq ft Balcony.

The Suites again are all under one title banner which we again know that they are all different and the descriptions do not fit all levels.

The S2 Fantastica on Deck 9 are different in layout to the angled ones from Deck 9 to 15.

The S3 Aurea suites on Deck 9 will be different to those on the back of the ship but are all classed in the same category and again the layouts are going to be different.

The SJ3 Seaside suites are different again but there is still only one cabin plan layout on the MSC website covering all suites.

The GS suites have been made to look like they will all sleep a maximum of 5 people with two bedrooms and bathrooms because of the generic plan and 3D image, the reality is and MSC UK confirmed it yesterday that only the Centre cabin will be configured this way, those either side will only have one bedroom and bathroom as Brett (cruiseguyinorl) has described in his post.

Sadly people have been taken in by the generic cabin renderings into thinking that all in a category would be the same, MSC need to step up and break down the categories and add the various cabin plans, 3D photo and Interior renderings as well as known sizes.

They did the same when they put Seaside on sale and at a later date added the Wellness level of cabins knowing full well that people had already booked those cabins under their previous level/ designation.

I booked an S2 Fantastica Suite (December 2015), plus an I2 Fantastica Interior, only to eventually learn that the suite isn't really a suite. We planned to have our adult son meet us in our Suite before the show, so he could relax in the extra space and enjoy the veranda ... but the current floorplan shows the S2 as merely being a slightly larger version of B2 Fantastica Balcony.

Very few cabins MSC calls a suite are true suites with separate bedroom from living area, and they are not the only cruise line to do so. With the exceptions of 9002/3 and maybe 9203/8 I really don't understand the Fantastica "suites", what are you really getting above any normal Fantastica privilege for the $200pp per week extra? A tiny bit of extra cabin space, I don't think you even get priority boarding? The Aurea balcony package seems a much better deal. The angled balcony can be a drawback to me, especially on lower decks. It seems misleading to call these suites, MSC should just lump them in with either category balcony like they do with the afts and angled on Divina. My suspicion is that MSC sees these cabins are preferentially booked and wants to cash in on it, so call them something different to justify the extra cost. Fine, but suite doesn't seem the right term.

I've known about upgrading a stateroom (but not the accompanying perks) for quite some time. I don't see any issue with that. If someone paid for Fantastica Suite, and was moved to Aurea Suite ... most would consider it an upgrade ... not a downgrade or lateral move. Moving between staterooms isn't the same as upgrading. If someone is moved from Bella interior to Fantastica veranda, you still get the perks of the "experience" which was originally booked.

On the other hand, I booked an S2 Fantastica Suite (December 2015), plus an I2 Fantastica Interior, only to eventually learn that the suite isn't really a suite. We planned to have our adult son meet us in our Suite before the show, so he could relax in the extra space and enjoy the veranda ... but the current floorplan shows the S2 as merely being a slightly larger version of B2 Fantastica Balcony.

I totally get it and understand your point. Initially, we also booked an S2 Fantastica Suite. After trying to analyze the deck plans over and over and finding out (like you) we were not really getting any more cabin space for that "suite", we switched to a real suite, a GS.

The Royal Suite has been on for a while, they have added the SJ3 Suite, Theatre and YC pool area, hopefully they will soon add more categories of cabin, there has been some speculation about the outside GS Suites having circular windows at the front. Look closely at the front of the ship and you can see them all.

It seems, by the last part of the video, that Yacht Club area will have two pools...The second one (not on front) appear with the buffet and a Yacht Club logo just above.

That would work for me ! [emoji106]🏻[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Helenb ... you have to remember that a lot of what we are seeing are still artists impressions and not the finished article or colours.

I hear that Captain Scala will be the new Captain for the Seaside.

New video released. Wish they were real pictures but at least we are seeing more mock-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great video! Thanks for posting. Nice to see updated renderings especially of the Yacht Club Deck 19. Looks awesome! The aft pool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting... the original images showed cabanas in that other YC pool area (the one with the buffet) but this just shows chairs.

Looking forward to our first YC experience at the end of January on the Seaside. Are the cabanas in the YC on other ships in the fleet an additional upcharge or included as part of the experience?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The cabanas on Seaside will be a new introduction in YC on MSC ships so no-one yet knows whether there will be a charge to use them. There is currently a charge for them on the private sundeck that Aurea guests have access to. IIRC it was €10 pd to use one on a non-Caribbean cruise. It's hard to imagine an extra charge in YC as it's always been an all-inclusive enclave. I just can't see that there will be enough supplied to cater for all YC guests, so it makes sense that there will be a charge - which would be an anathema to me to have 'extras' in YC for a fee.

If there are on site attendants in that area that would 100% guard against "cabana hogging", then a first come first use basis would work, but it would be nice to also have an am or pm use. I believe that the Sanctuary on Princess has this in that you pay an up charge for morning (7-12) or afternoon (12-5) use. The same type of system without the charge would allow more YC guests to utilize the cabanas and double the occupancy so one party does not claim them all day.

Regarding the new Cabanas on the Seaside - i will just throw in my thoughts -

I cannot see them charging for them - it takes away for the inclusive YC, whereby you pay not 1 penny more for anything -

All of the time i have been to the One Pool - it is never ever crowded - in fact is some cases I felt there were only 10-12 people sunning in this area - however, i believe with the installation of the Cabanas you will see more people at the One Pool, but again, i do nott think it is going to get over-run

I also cannot see them making reservations for 1/2 days - again, it is a disruption to a YC guest - however, if there was an influx of use at the One Pool, i can see them reserving Cabanas - or - i think as the previous poster mentioned - the pool attendants can monitor these cabanas - they always did a fine job with the chairs, always placing fresh towels constantly when passengers abandoned their chairs

Everything is just speculation - and we have no idea even how many cabanas will be made available - but is it fun to guess as to what is going to happen....

Once again, i would say each time on the Divina, i do not think 1/2 of the Yacht Club Guests utilized the One Pool -