Pre-cruise hotel in San Juan Puerto Rico

drduck

We are looking for a hotel the night before our Southern Caribbean Cruise. We arrive at SJU at 9 PM, so just need a place where we could get a quick dinner and a comfortable clean room, probably near the cruise terminal. Any suggestions?

We're staying in The Embassy Suites which is close to the airport but still a $25 taxi ride to the port and to old San Juan (unless you rent a car, which can be done fairly cheaply for around $50). Embassy Suites probably isn't the cheapest place , but it's not the most expensive either and they give you free breakfast. If you look it up I believe there are two different ones. The one you want is on Tartak Street. There's also a beach within walking distance.

We stayed the the best Western plus condado. Cheaper than most and very nice, free breakfast, and plenty of places near by to eat. 10 cab/shuttle to the port.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We stayed the the best Western plus condado. Cheaper than most and very nice, free breakfast, and plenty of places near by to eat. 10 cab/shuttle to the port.

We're at the BW+ now. Can't comment on breakfast until tomorrow, but so far so good. It is $100'ish cheaper per night than some of the more well known places one block over.

We're at the BW+ now. Can't comment on breakfast until tomorrow, but so far so good. It is $100'ish cheaper per night than some of the more well known places one block over.

Have a good trip. And the breakfast us better than average. Also cvs right across the street for last minute necessities.

Jackets, are you from columbus?

We're staying in The Embassy Suites which is close to the airport but still a $25 taxi ride to the port and to old San Juan (unless you rent a car, which can be done fairly cheaply for around $50). Embassy Suites probably isn't the cheapest place , but it's not the most expensive either and they give you free breakfast. If you look it up I believe there are two different ones. The one you want is on Tartak Street. There's also a beach within walking distance.

This was the best bang per buck for our dates, though the weekday price for the Hyatt would have been fair.

Hi Cruiser

On our last cruise to San Juan . We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is nice and staff very friendly and rooms passed my wife's clean test. Also has a pool and hot tub. Lots of eating areas close by. And just a block from the ocean park. Taxi to hotel was $25 and tip.and $28 and tip to the cruise port for RCI. Hotel was $160 and free breakfast per night. Which was enough to get us through to the ship. Checked out and at cruise terminal around 10:30 and on board at 11:35.:)

looking to cruise again

kruise runner:cool:

Have a good trip. And the breakfast us better than average. Also cvs right across the street for last minute necessities.

Jackets, are you from columbus?

Yes, metro area...far east suburb.

On Adventure Sept 12 and booked at Embassy Suites the night before. We are doing a food tour in OSJ the night before. Should we stay some place closer to OSJ or does it really matter? Got a good price on Embassy

N. W. Columbus here! Go bucks, Go Jackets (draft weekend I think) ! Enjoy your Cruise.

'Bama fans at the hotel. Got cringes wearing my tOSU undisputed swag. CBJ played it safe for the 1st round last night and got a couple of solid prospects that are still 2-3 years away. Expect a trade for D soon, possibly as early as today.

Breakfast was typical (not bad/not good/just OK) in terms of free hotel breakfasts. BW+ definitely earned points by letting us have a late, 1pm, check-out. We wanted to avoid the 11am rush to the ship and board just before the cabins open at 2.

We'd stay again for 1-night pre-cruise, but would definitely seek other options for a multi-night stay. Hotel is older and shows it's age in a few areas, but has updated furnishings and paint. Everything works and in-room amenities (Bath & Body Works) were nice. Kinda' on the small side, but comfortable and economical.

Any feedback on Hyatt at convention center by Pan Am pier? Thinking of switching there from Embassy because it is closer to OSJ and pier

Edited by mlmbar

If you have Marriott points, consider the Courtyard Marriott in Miramar.

Good Choice (Even though I am staying in a different place in October)! :cool:

I don't know if much has changed in 2015 but the following is what I reviewed of the hotel and area in 2010:

The Courtyard Marriot Miramar (3 star) has a lot of mixed reviews, so I did not know what to really expect when I booked it. I booked it for the price ($129.00 with no resort fees). The hotel turned out to be great! Friendly staff, easy check in, very clean inside and out. Our room on the 11th floor had plenty of room, very clean and a very good view. It was located in the convention district and within a two blocks there were 3 restaurants, A Japanese Sushi Bar, a fast food taco place (Like Taco Bell), a Subway, a Supermarket, Domino’s Pizza, 2 Pharmacy’s and a U.S. Post Office. Contrary to reviews that I have read, the area was very safe day and night, and only saw one vagrant on the streets (I saw more in old San Juan than I saw here). The restaurant in the Hotel was expensive so we never ate in there. Went down the street and ate in one of the restaurants to eat authentic Puerto Rican food and it was very good and very reasonably priced. We also ate breakfast there the morning of the cruise (Ham & Cheese Omelet with toast and coffee for $4.50). Bought some snacks at the supermarket and the prices there were comparable with the prices in mainland United States Supermarkets. This hotel is not hotel to be at however, if you want to be at the beach (Not within close walking distance) or if you are looking for a lot of entertainment (None at the hotel or in the vicinity). I was mainly looking for a hotel to rest my head overnight without spending a lot of money, that was close to the pier and close to Old San Juan.

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

View From The Room

006.jpg

...I don't know if much has changed in 2015 but the following is what I reviewed of the hotel and area in 2010 ...

We stayed there this past January before an Adventure cruise. Not much has changed. One reason we like it is that it's right on the bus route to OSJ. Plus, if you want to eat in the hotel, there is a full service restaurant.

Edited by clarea

Cancelled Embassy and booked Hyatt . No sense staying near the airport when we will be in SJU for food tour and then to the ship the next day. Won;t be in the hotel much so this looks just fine

Any feedback on Hyatt at convention center by Pan Am pier? Thinking of switching there from Embassy because it is closer to OSJ and pier

Hi, are you sure it is the Hyatt? I know I have stayed at the

"SHERATON CONVENTION CENTER".....it is not located near Old San

Juan, but closer to the The Pan American Pier. You would have to take

a cab to get to the pier in Old San Juan.

Hi, are you sure it is the Hyatt? I know I have stayed at the

"SHERATON CONVENTION CENTER".....it is not located near Old San

Juan, but closer to the The Pan American Pier. You would have to take

a cab to get to the pier in Old San Juan.

Yes, it is the HYatt at the convention center. It is on the marina close to the Pan Am pier. It is also close to OSJ by cab

Yes, it is the HYatt at the convention center. It is on the marina close to the Pan Am pier. It is also close to OSJ by cab

I didn't know there was a Hyatt located by the Convention Center.

Thanks for the tip.