New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

I booked a cruise today and tomorrow I'll check to see if it's a better deal .im really interested to see since it's in a group
I also booked today and will see.

Why do these new prices not include transatlantic and transpacific cruises? Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TA's and TP's cruises on Celebrity have NOT included any of the 123Go perks. If your agent has given you a perk, Thank her!

It remains to be seen how much they raise prices to cover inclusions. We always get gratuities covered by our travel agent. As always we just have to see whether the price of the cruise and cabin we like are worth the cost. They have been very clear about why they are doing this and it isn't to make it more reasonable for the customer. There are other cruise lines and vacations available and I'm sure they wouldn't miss any one of us if we were to take our business elsewhere. Eventually the market will decide if it works or not.

This is certainly true that we will need to see the overall impact on prices, but except for my TA all my recent cruises have included the 123 inclusive. I am still not convinced that Celebrity is forcing anyone to buy something that they do not need or want. A TA can always give you an OBC instead of free gratuities and thus gratuiites or OBC can be your choice.

Agreed, if all things are equal, including the itinerary, timing and cost (total cruise costs) I will cruise X as they are my preferred line. If the costs blow out that may put other lines into the picture.:D

Yep. It's always a cost/benefit analysis. If the cost (including the extras that I want to include) makes sense to me for the benefit (including itinerary, timing and the intrinsic value I place the experience on Celebrity), I'll continue to sail with them. I sincerely hope it is.

If not, then I'll figure out plan B :)

Yep. It's always a cost/benefit analysis. If the cost (including the extras that I want to include) makes sense to me for the benefit (including itinerary, timing and the intrinsic value I place the experience on Celebrity), I'll continue to sail with them. I sincerely hope it is.

If not, then I'll figure out plan B :)

I suppose with anything in life, people need to shop around and get whatever it is that suits them best for the price they want to pay.

Putting it simply like that, nothing has changed for me in regards to cruising as we have cruised with other lines to suit our needs when X did not.:D

This is certainly true that we will need to see the overall impact on prices, but except for my TA all my recent cruises have included the 123 inclusive. I am still not convinced that Celebrity is forcing anyone to buy something that they do not need or want. A TA can always give you an OBC instead of free gratuities and thus gratuiites or OBC can be your choice.

Well they are forcing us to take at least one of the choices since the lowest option is GoBig. In our case (Elite Plus), the beverage package and internet are of no value (I do understand that there are plenty of people who want/need a lot of internet or drink enough to perceive the package as good value) As to the gratuities or OBC, it all depends on how much the base price goes up (and I don't for a minute expect the prices with a choice of an additional perk to remain the same).

For the sake of illustration, let's say the price of cruise a 12 day in a concierge cabin goes up $200 p/p. The OBC is worth only $150 p/p and the gratuities are worth $150 (I think the daily cost in CC is about 12.50). In this case, I would be paying more for something than I get back. Choosing the internet or drink package simply because it has a retail value of more (but delivers nothing to me), I would be wasting money.

I will continue to get the Elite benefits (at least for now) and appreciate them. But in every analysis I have done, the total value of the benefit package is not worth as much (to me in my particular circumstance) as it was a short time ago. Each person has to evaluate their unique situation and decide for themselves.

But I will continue to look at the cost of a cruise on Celebrity (or other lines) as whether or not I think the cost is worth what I expect to receive. In my opinion, this new program is a poorly hidden method to raise prices pretty much across the board to increase revenue. But I am not so close to the point of no return that I expect to have to move to a less expensive line and expect less from them.

MiCanberra posted while I was composing this and I agree with his synopsis.

Edited by bob278

Good post and suggestions, bobx.

I have an impression the base price (Go!Big) will stay the same as current pricing when this is introduced.

The higher levels will be at the relevant surcharge.

That would be a welcomed surprise. But that would not follow the stated goal of increasing the APD since it would include a perk at the current price which doesn't have any.

Yes, I'm certainly aware of that and my TA does whatever is best in my case.

The overall cost of the cruises have increased and will probably increase more with the bundling. The market will still control what happens because if the perceived value for cost isn't good they will have empty cabins and will still have to offer discounts. There has been a lot of game playing the last couple of years and many have been conditioned to believe they were receiving something for nothing. It's all paid for by the consumer one way or another.

Yes, I'm certainly aware of that and my TA does whatever is best in my case.

The overall cost of the cruises have increased and will probably increase more with the bundling. The market will still control what happens because if the perceived value for cost isn't good they will have empty cabins and will still have to offer discounts. There has been a lot of game playing the last couple of years and many have been conditioned to believe they were receiving something for nothing. It's all paid for by the consumer one way or another.

So true, the market will be the decider as supply and demand will determine the prices of all categories.:D

Does anyone know how this will work with the suite amenities?

I don't think all the details have been released as yet but I would think that they would work in conjunction and some things may be duplicated depending on which package you buy.

Thanks for posting this. I have been a fan of the 123Go and it definitely influenced my decision to book two future Celebrity Cruises. (Yes, I know I it is not "free" and I am paying for it in my cruise fare.)

Looking forward to seeing how the post-change prices look, especially for Aqua and Suite class, and which suites (maybe just "Michael's Club Suites?) get the whole enchilada... currently, to my knowledge there is no internet nor premium package included for Sky Suites.

I noted that they still won't offer this for insides or for TA or TP cruises.

My December 2016 cruise in Aqua was $1649 with beverage, grats and $300 obc. New pricing today brings it to $2049 each, $800 more total per cabin to get the same plus internet.

My November 2015 cruise which I got a 1A with beverage and $100 obc was $1049 per. Now, with choosing 2, it's $1239 each or about $400 more total.

I appreciate their desire to change things up/increase revenue, but so far, for me, the new pricing raises my cost so I'm going to take a break, try another line, and see how that works out.

On Thursday we booked a Southeast Asia immersion cruise inboard for 7236 Canadian with the 123. I quickly checked it today and it is now 7740 Canadian with 2 perks only. If you were paying for perks before you are now doubling your payment there is no added bonus for not having the perks. I really love traveling with Celebrity and have pretty much stuck to this line but I think I might let the market determine my adventures going forward.

Edited by conwayj

Just checked my 3 celebrity cruises I have booked with the Go 123 and the base price has not changed on any of them. Wont change b/c there was a$100 spring promo when I originally booked, so with losing that the price would be $100 more, but the base price stayed the same.

Just checked my 3 celebrity cruises I have booked with the Go 123 and the base price has not changed on any of them. Wont change b/c there was a$100 spring promo when I originally booked, so with losing that the price would be $100 more, but the base price stayed the same.

Same, the cruise I recently booked has the same base price (Go!Big) today after the new bundles have been implemented.

I can't get the search feature to work on this thread. Has anybody figured out how this will apply to senior/military/resident rates? Would they still be eligible for one perk with higher prices for add on perks?

No, the offer doesn't apply to that pricing (as with similar offers at present like 1230Go). I.e. as at present you have the option of getting that discounted price, or getting the standard price with this offer, so can choose whichever works best for you.

We are booked in on the Solstice on Nov 2 for OZ/NZ in a 1A that we booked months ago with a 123GO deal. We had a choice of the 3 and took the $300 OBC because we are not drinkers and our TA is pre-paying our grats..total cost of that booking is about $4400 for both of us. We are paying for a 1B and using Captain's Club to upgrade to 1A for free. That same 1B is over $4800 today and we would get a choice of one of the 4 perks....for $15 more per day ( is that per person? or per cabin?) we can get two perks, for $45 more per day we can get all 4.....way to complicated for me and the bottom line today is the cost is higher, mostly because the cruise is selling well.

The two European cruises I've saved on "My Celebrity" have not increased in pricing at the Go Big level, so with the one included perk we would be ahead financially by booking today. I'm delighted, and may go ahead and reserve one of those cruises since it's selling well. However, we prefer to wait until 2017, hoping the same itinerary will be offered then.

Edited by TMLAalum

The two European cruises I've saved on "My Celebrity" have not increased in pricing at the Go Big level, so with the one included perk we would be ahead financially by booking today. I'm delighted, and may go ahead and reserve one of those cruises since it's selling well. However, we prefer to wait until 2017, hoping the same itinerary will be offered then.

Our January Caribbean did not change in price either. Actually, with all the numbers run our previously booked, while on board cruise, came out $30 cheaper.

Noticed on the website that the deposit was $900. thought it was reduced for CC Elite and above?

How do the prices compare to the "Go Better" rate? I ask because European sailings have often come with a choice of 2 perks under 123 go.

Jane