Upsell 3 days prior to Cruise

Lauranne

We are cruising on the Maasdam on Saturday. I accepted an upsell to a Neptune suite today. The first offer came two weeks ago (very high price) and when I received no further email, I was sure that all Neptune suites were taken. I was very surprised to see an email this close to sailing. Although the price was more than I wanted to pay, I accepted. :D The agent told me that I got the last Neptune suite. I am traveling with my daughter (graduation trip) and I will keep it as a surprise. Now to tell DH (who is not coming on the trip) or not...hmmm :p

Getting very excited,

Laurie

Oh my, what a fantastic surprise that will be for your daughter to celebrate her graduation. Enjoy and use all the perks that come with it and I bet you will totally forget about what you paid!

Have a fantastic time. (Good luck with telling your DH, he will be very jealous!)

Thanks everyone,

I already feel great about the upsell. It's only money, you can't take it with you! DH and I stayed in a Neptune suite on an Alaskan cruise two years ago. We both loved it.

Laurie

Thanks. Warning: mother brag. My daughter worked very hard this year. She has been accepted into Engineering at the 2 schools that she applied to. She was class valedictorian and won numerous major awards and scholarships. I feel happy to spoil her. It will be a great vacation to celebrate her achievements. End of brag. [emoji1]

Laurie

Thanks. Warning: mother brag. My daughter worked very hard this year. She has been accepted into Engineering at the 2 schools that she applied to. She was class valedictorian and won numerous major awards and scholarships. I feel happy to spoil her. It will be a great vacation to celebrate her achievements. End of brag. [emoji1]

Laurie

That's awesome Laurie! Sounds like you have every reason to be be proud!!! Pat yourself on the back while you are at it for raising such a bright young lady!:) enjoy your trip!

Tanya

We are cruising on the Maasdam on Saturday. I accepted an upsell to a Neptune suite today. The first offer came two weeks ago (very high price) and when I received no further email, I was sure that all Neptune suites were taken. I was very surprised to see an email this close to sailing. Although the price was more than I wanted to pay, I accepted. :D The agent told me that I got the last Neptune suite. I am traveling with my daughter (graduation trip) and I will keep it as a surprise. Now to tell DH (who is not coming on the trip) or not...hmmm :p

Getting very excited,

Laurie

You won't regret it, and that is a lovely surprise for your daughter.:)

Daughter went out with friends this evening so I took the opportunity to tell DH. He just smiled. He knows me well so no surprise and he is taking DS to an exclusive fishing lodge next month and the cost will certainly exceed our cruise so really...what could he say :D. No worries as our friends down under say!!

Laurie

Wow! How nice! congratulations :)

I am sure your daughter is going to be thrilled. Wait until she sees the balcony :)

What a lovely gift for her and you and a great way to celebrate!

have fun - and don't tell DH until you have to. Loose lips sink ships - LOL

Getting very excited,

Laurie

We did an upsell on our May Maasdam cruise as well. It was a bit more than I would have liked to pay, but alot less than the original price and it was well worth it IMO. Our PCC also told us we got the only Neptune left.

One nice thing about upsells is that you can pick your cabin from the ones left BEFORE they assign the Neptune guarantees.