Bringing guests aboard for dinner

lmentzer

Does anyone know if it is possible to make arrangements with Princess or the ship to bring guests aboard for dinner at a port of call? If possible, what do they charge for each guest? We'll be docked in Honolulu on Christmas eve, and we have friends there that will be showing us around. He's active duty military based there, and we'd love to bring them aboard for dinner.

To my knowledge, this is not possible. Even for events like the BVE, participants must register in advance to clear manifests, etc and there is no mechanism for doing so.

Add in the potential security issues of having non-registered pax on board and I would have to say they will decline.

Bon Voyage Experience. A passenger can bring one or more guest on board for the late morning to mid afternoon. I think it is $39 per guest. Lunch is included. If the guest books a Princess cruise within 90 days (I think) the $39 is applied to the cost of the cruise.

Anyone can book the Bon Voyage Experience at the turnaround ports it is offered at--they do not have to be guests of passengers on that sailing.

But the BVE is pretty much irrelevant to the OPs question, the answer to which is simply no.

Does anyone know if it is possible to make arrangements with Princess or the ship to bring guests aboard for dinner at a port of call? If possible, what do they charge for each guest? We'll be docked in Honolulu on Christmas eve, and we have friends there that will be showing us around. He's active duty military based there, and we'd love to bring them aboard for dinner.
The simple answer is, "No." It's not possible nor available when in port. Enjoy your friends while in Honolulu. And please give him my thanks for his service.

Have dinner at Side Street Inn (Kapahulu). If you want something much fancier, there are lots of other great restaurants on the island. Since both of you are not local, look for a good "ethnic" restaurant and not a mainland chain.

Be sure to be back on board for the early last show. Either they will have a Hawaiian trio with their wives or a Keiki Halau (kids hula school). You will be exhausted from a busy touring day.

Have dinner in port...suggest to them that you treat them to dinner at La Marianas.....you will love it and they will be duly impressed you know about the place!!! Aloha!!

Since this is Xmas eve, many local restaurants may be closing early that day.

OP...with your friend active duty military you may consider joining him at a military facility because as others have posted it's not an option to have him join you on the ship

I have stayed several days with a friend at Hickam AFB and I was able to join him at dining locations on the base.

Edited by Astro Flyer

OP...with your friend active duty military you may consider joining him at a military facility because as others have posted it's not an option to have him join you on the ship

I have stayed several days with a friend at Hickam AFB and I was able to join him at dining locations on the base.

Good idea. I once had dinner in an officer's club, and the food was spectacular.

The Hickam officers club had a great Mongolian BBQ & the cost was based on the weight of the ingredients.

lived on Air Force bases for a few years. The food was always good. In the enlisted dining room it was good buffet service. In the Sgts Mess it was good with seevice, in the officers Mess it was good with Silver Service.

If you decide to eat out, make sure you find a restaurant that takes reservation. Most restaurants do not close on Christmas Eve. But make your reservations early, like now.

Some Restaurants Christmas Eve can be one o0f the biggest nights of the year, so yep book early.