Length of cruise

CruznMooses

Our first cruise was 4 days, and it took the first two days for my DH to unwind from work. Our longest so far has been 8 days. Usually now we take 7 day cruises. I am, however, planning either a 10 day or a 14 day cruise in 2017 to the southern Caribbean. Can't wait for that one. :D

The longest so far is 17 days. That was enough. We get tired of the ship and food.

Our ideal is 12-14 days. Now that we are retired our strong preference is to take two (or more) cruises with an independent land trip in between and at either end.

We took 7 day cruises for years due to work constraints and paying for 2 young children.

We then took a 10 day and realized the longer the better.

The longest to date has been 12 days as I am still working ( husband is retired).

However, we did find a great deal on a 7 day to Bermuda which I now consider a long weekend. 😎

If work/school was not a criteria, then I think 12 days would be perfect. At 7 days, you just get used to it and it's then its the last night already. Much after that might get too much (but then again, I think i'd be just perfectly fine ;) )

I like a 28 day cruise. I'll go for 2 B2B 14 day cruises, but I never go on any cruise that has a component of less than 14 days. Too much crew and passenger turnover on 7 day cruises. So to me it's not the length of the total cruise, it's the components. A single 24+ day cruise or 2 B2B 14 day cruises are good.

I may take a 14 day cruise but never take 2 B2B 7 day cruises.

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now

My longest cruise was 21 day. I had a great time but I was wanting to spend more time on solid ground. I am going to do a ten day cruise then spend another week traveling by train. I feel this would be a good mix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The longest we have done was a 32 day B2B. It turns out it was less expensive to cruise from Valparaiso to LA than to fly!

We did agree for us, it was a little too long, especially since we have a new granddaughter

We were getting e-mailed pictures of her, which we printed out and taped to our mirror with magic tape (no residue)

Edited by Talisker92