Will Enchantment gain slides? Free internet?

I know enchantment is newer than majesty but certainly they Can these features to compete with the carnival 3 day ships

Should it, yes....will it....that is another thing.

Personally, all ships should have slides and free internet.

The free internet is much easier to implement, than adding the slides -- but that is another issue.

Enchantment may not need slides to draw passengers. Majesty needs something to offset her shortcomings in a family market. It could also be that Majesty is a trial run before they install slides on Oasis and Allure as mentioned earlier

Enchantment may not need slides to draw passengers. Majesty needs something to offset her shortcomings in a family market. It could also be that Majesty is a trial run before they install slides on Oasis and Allure as mentioned earlier

I wouldnt think its a trial run, waterslides are more popular now in the market place more than rockwalls or even the flowrider.

The RCI slides will never compete with Carnivals...RCI's slide are short and basically for little kids.

I know I wouldn't cruise specifically for a slide!!

The concept art for Harmony OTS shows some pretty impressive water slides, I'd say on par with CCL's new ones.

Obviously they couldn't put something that big on EN, but slides like the ones installed on Carnival's Fantasy Class ships could work.

The concept art for Harmony OTS shows some pretty impressive water slides, I'd say on par with CCL's new ones.

Obviously they couldn't put something that big on EN, but slides like the ones installed on Carnival's Fantasy Class ships could work.

Have you been following Lloyds pics from shipyards. Support structures and stairs were some of the recent pics

I know enchantment is newer than majesty but certainly they Can these features to compete with the carnival 3 day ships

A rowboat and a six pack can compete with Carnival's 3-day cruises:D

We cruised Carnival once as the slides were a drawcard for our kids. I was not impressed. We did try the Green Thunder once but the kids were not tall enough. The slides were closed a lot as the weather was windy.

I'm not bothered if RCI doesn't add slides. Free internet would be cool though :p

• 1 month later...
I don't know of any ship (carnival or otherwise) offering free internet.

Everyone thinks internet at sea is almost as easy as internet at home or a hotel.

IT IS NOT.

Dishes have to be Gyro stabilized to work on the water. Upgrading those dishes is very expensive, since they are pure satellite systems.

Making it free only means everyone pays for it and it will be slower. And people will still bitch about it. Not sure if I would open myself up to how dissatisfied cruisers would be for slow free internet.

Everyone thinks internet at sea is almost as easy as internet at home or a hotel.

IT IS NOT.

Dishes have to be Gyro stabilized to work on the water. Upgrading those dishes is very expensive, since they are pure satellite systems.

Making it free only means everyone pays for it and it will be slower. And people will still bitch about it. Not sure if I would open myself up to how dissatisfied cruisers would be for slow free internet.

Just curious, how does internet work on a plane

• 3 weeks later...

Airlines are grabbing high speed internet access for far fewer users. Cruise ships use similar gyro stabilized satellite feeds on a much larger scale. And very costly.

I know more than a few cruisers that compare HSIA on a cruise ship to a hotel. Well hotels don't move, so they have simple cables or fiber.

Lastly, the free internet experiment on Majesty is likely just that. Getting a heavy load test to work out system bugs. I doubt this will ever be system wide. If it is, the available band width will be watered down to the point it is almost useless. You better hope you are paying for it. But I do see it as a suite package inclusion.

Airlines are grabbing high speed internet access for far fewer users. Cruise ships use similar gyro stabilized satellite feeds on a much larger scale. And very costly.

I know more than a few cruisers that compare HSIA on a cruise ship to a hotel. Well hotels don't move, so they have simple cables or fiber.

Lastly, the free internet experiment on Majesty is likely just that. Getting a heavy load test to work out system bugs. I doubt this will ever be system wide. If it is, the available band width will be watered down to the point it is almost useless. You better hope you are paying for it. But I do see it as a suite package inclusion.

The "test" to work out the bugs for VOOM, a Royals new high speed internet system, was done this past January on the Quantum. For about a month all passengers were given free internet in order to test the system. Even with all passengers, and Quantum has more than the Majesty, having access to it they did not come close to system maximums and had no decline in speed.

The "test" to work out the bugs for VOOM, a Royals new high speed internet system, was done this past January on the Quantum. For about a month all passengers were given free internet in order to test the system. Even with all passengers, and Quantum has more than the Majesty, having access to it they did not come close to system maximums and had no decline in speed.

The naysayers probably still use AOL dial up ;):eek:

IT IS NOT.

a million times this.

DH is currently deployed. every. single. time. the ship changes course they lose the satellite feed. sometimes they get it back immediately, sometimes it takes hours to reconnect. this is a modern US Naval warship with state of the art system on board and a lot less taxed( only about 350 personnel competing for bandwidth)

it went down for 5 straight days two weeks ago. then it was email only for another 2 days (no internet access )

'free' just means the cost gets rolled into EVERYONE'S base fare. no thank you. i choose to not connect while underway and i choose to not subsidize anyone who wants to.

a million times this.

DH is currently deployed. every. single. time. the ship changes course they lose the satellite feed. sometimes they get it back immediately, sometimes it takes hours to reconnect. this is a modern US Naval warship with state of the art system on board and a lot less taxed( only about 350 personnel competing for bandwidth)

it went down for 5 straight days two weeks ago. then it was email only for another 2 days (no internet access )

'free' just means the cost gets rolled into EVERYONE'S base fare. no thank you. i choose to not connect while underway and i choose to not subsidize anyone who wants to.

Big difference in providing a very fast and reliable system for a cruise ship that sails in one small geographic patch of the seas using the state of the art O3B satellite system than there is in providing internet to a naval warship travelling the world. Apples to oranges.:rolleyes:

Big difference in providing a very fast and reliable system for a cruise ship that sails in one small geographic patch of the seas using the state of the art O3B satellite system than there is in providing internet to a naval warship travelling the world. Apples to oranges.:rolleyes:

This is from my son's ship, but it came via text because they were off the coast of Hawaii picking up cell signal.

1442148083955.jpg.35c513843aad2dd9441a936eda5f918d.jpg

1442148096921.jpg.27a1d06ae606652f4a3ee98caed8537c.jpg