Just Got Our Guaranteed Cabin - So Pleased

richstowe

We have never ever booked a cruise just 18 days from the sail date . (Actually 14 days

because they gave us a four day hold) . We took a FF guarantee , the lowest $ full Ocean View .

Today just 3 days after payment we got our assigned cabin . It's still OV but it is as good an OV

as there is on the Veendam , mid-ship on the Main deck sandwiched between 2 other cabin decks .

I am very pleased !:)

Edited by richstowe

OMG Just just got an offer just 50 minutes after we got our assigned room to upgrade

to what they call a Lanai Stateroom (CA) for $149 PP . These CA's cabins are sorta weird ,

a balcony without any privacy. Not sure what we will do .:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by richstowe

OMG Just just got an offer just 50 minutes after we got our assigned room to upgrade

to what they call a Lanai Stateroom (CA) for $149 PP . These CA's cabins are sorta weird ,

a balcony without any privacy. Not sure what we will do .:confused::confused::confused:

We got upgraded on our second Alaskan cruise to a Lanai on the Rotterdam. WE LOVED IT!!!!!! Loved being able to walk out of the cabin right onto the Promenade, loved having our own deck chairs reserved especially for us, and don't worry about the promenade walkers being able to see in - I promise you THEY CAN'T. I would most definitely take one if it was offered to me.

Okie1946

Just my opinion: The Lower Promenade C staterooms are not as large as the other outside staterooms on the lower decks. The only possible advantage that I could see would be having "dedicated" deck chairs for your stateroom. I would reject such an offer.

We took the offer . My head is spinning . Not only is it a Lanai but it is a 256 foot handicapped cabin .

The idea of a quasi-balcony being offered for a discount of over a $1000 qas too good to pass on.

I was assured that there is no smoking on Deck 6 - Lower Promenade . I am also hoping that

no disgruntled passengers will be making a scene because the front office is directly above us .

Also hoping a handicapped cabin isn't too different from a standard one . I may have to start a new thread .:o

Thanks for the info Okie

We took the offer . My head is spinning . Not only is it a Lanai but it is a 256 foot handicapped cabin .

The idea of a quasi-balcony being offered for a discount of over a $1000 qas too good to pass on.

I was assured that there is no smoking on Deck 6 - Lower Promenade . I am also hoping that

no disgruntled passengers will be making a scene because the front office is directly above us .

Also hoping a handicapped cabin isn't too different from a standard one . I may have to start a new thread .:o

Thanks for the info Okie

I know there are a lot of nay sayers out there, but we loved ours. We sat out on the lounge chairs (pulled them up close to the railing) and watched as we cruised Hubbard Bay. Had the best of both worlds. Wrapped up warm, our own personal seats and a heck of a view.

Have a wonderful cruise. We are hoping we have the same good luck with our upcoming cruise.

Okie1946

I'm interested to hear how you like our lanai. We have a lanai guarantee on the Volendam on the 29th of July. They offered us a balcony yesterday - for $329CAD pp - not a chance! If the upgrade fairy visited, I wouldn't complain, but I'm interested in the lanai, too. The small balconies just don't have space for those large yummy deck chairs.

We have never ever booked a cruise just 18 days from the sail date . (Actually 14 days

because they gave us a four day hold) . We took a FF guarantee , the lowest $ full Ocean View .

Today just 3 days after payment we got our assigned cabin . It's still OV but it is as good an OV

as there is on the Veendam , mid-ship on the Main deck sandwiched between 2 other cabin decks .

I am very pleased !:)

Good for you! Enjoy your cruise and congrats!

Just my opinion: The Lower Promenade C staterooms are not as large as the other outside staterooms on the lower decks. The only possible advantage that I could see would be having "dedicated" deck chairs for your stateroom. I would reject such an offer.

We got an offer to up-sell to a Lanai on Veendam & loved it! It's nice having your own dedicated deck chairs..:):)

Hi I was give the same choose it was good. Enjoy the room. Just take the card with you for fire boat drill.

People do sit in the chair. I just left them alone if I wasn't going to seat at that time.

Enjoy your new real estate ! Just remember to close your curtains for the evening, otherwise with your lights on, those walking past will be able to see into your cabin. During the day there's no issue with folks being able to see inside.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Congratulations! I don't do guarantees very often, but when I have, I have been quite pleased as well.

As I read your post, I was picturing "The World's Most Interesting Man" from the Dos Equis commercials.

I don't often book a guarantee, but when I do.... [emoji482] Cruise thirsty my friends.

OP, Which Veendam sailing are you on? We are still waiting for our July 25 Veendam guarantee cabin.

So glad things have worked out well for you!!!

We are sailing the week before you , going the reverse direction .

BTW , why is your roll-call so crazy busy?:confused: Mine is still on the first page .

Hi I was give the same choose it was good. Enjoy the room. Just take the card with you for fire boat drill.

People do sit in the chair. I just left them alone if I wasn't going to seat at that time.

Thanks . Have any pictures ? Did you have any noise issues ? Edited by richstowe

We are sailing the week before you , going the reverse direction .

BTW , why is your roll-call so crazy busy?:confused: Mine is still on the first page .

Thanks . Have any pictures ? Did you have any noise issues ?

Thanks! Maybe it will be next week to hear for our cruise.

I've found that roll calls on long cruises (any line) are more active than shorter ones. We have a great person (Paul) who has kept a spreadsheet with all kinds of good info, especially the tours roll call people have organized. This has been going on over a year.

Our cruise is 35 days to Amsterdam and back (18/17 if not booking b/b). We'll be spending a lot of time together, both on the ship and in port. Most people are on the back to back.

By contrast, our January roll call on a shorter X cruise is not at all active. We had active roll calls on our previous two X cruises but not the two I have booked right now. Last year's Voyage of the Vikings had a very active one as well which I enjoyed reading after booking.

Edited by HokiePoq