A few questions re bar set-up for Elites

FengShui@Sea

If I am understanding it correctly on the Princess website it indicates that even if both people in a cabin are Elite they will only provide one bar set-up. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, and tell me what the 'bar set-up' consists of?

Also, if one person is Elite and the other passenger isn't I'm assuming they still will provide a bar set-up?

Many thanks for any clarification. :)

Edited by FengShui@Sea

If I am understanding it correctly on the Princess website it indicates that even if both people in a cabin are Elite they will only provide one bar set-up. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, and tell me what the 'bar set-up' consists of?

Also, if one person is Elite and the other passenger isn't I'm assuming they still will provide a bar set-up?

Many thanks for any clarification. :)

Yes you are correct 1 setup only. We get punished for both of us being Elite. :(

Yes you are correct 1 setup only. We get punished for both of us being Elite. :(

Thanks for your reply. I am taking a short cruise by myself to bump me up to Elite and just wanted to make sure that there would be no advantage to dragging DH along with me. He doesn't drink so he wouldn't miss that perk, but it does seem sort of stingy. :rolleyes:

Edited by FengShui@Sea

Thanks for your reply. I am taking a short cruise by myself to bump me up to Elite and just wanted to make sure that there would be no advantage to dragging DH along with me. He doesn't drink so he wouldn't miss that perk, but it does seem sort of stingy. :rolleyes:

We trade them. Don't like any of the supplied liquors anyway. ;)

You can trade alcohol for alcohol, and soft drinks and water for more of the same. There are two bottles of vodka, two of gin, two of courvoisier, two of bourbon, two XX beer, two tonic, two coke, two sprite?, two Perrier, two regular water, and I may be missing something. We generally keep the beer, trade other liquors for gin, and soft drinks and Perrier for tonic. YMMV.

We trade them. Don't like any of the supplied liquors anyway. ;)

Do you mean that they give you a variety of mini bottles and you can ask to trade it for all vodka for example?

Edit: I see Nancyquilts just answered my question. Thanks!

Edited by FengShui@Sea

You can trade alcohol for alcohol, and soft drinks and water for more of the same. There are two bottles of vodka, two of gin, two of courvoisier, two of bourbon, two XX beer, two tonic, two coke, two sprite?, two Perrier, two regular water, and I may be missing something. We generally keep the beer, trade other liquors for gin, and soft drinks and Perrier for tonic. YMMV.

Wow - that is a better selection than I had imagined. But nice that you can trade because the bourbon and gin would be left behind by me! :D

I think that's the complete list, but they give Dewar's, I think, not bourbon. We trade all of the alcohol for soda and water (they used to give the cost equivalent, but now its one for one).

You can also trade the entire setup for one bottle of wine (no matter what they say on the website, it varies from ship to ship) or a coffee card. And if you are sailing in a full suite, you get two setups - one for the suite and one for being Elite.

My wife and I will be Elite on the second sailing of our upcoming B2B’s, but neither of us drink so can the bar setup be turned into OBC?

you can trade all the alcohol bottles for water or soda, or get 2 coffee cards for trading entire bar set-up.

My wife and I will be Elite on the second sailing of our upcoming B2B’s, but neither of us drink so can the bar setup be turned into OBC?

No, you can not get OBC for the setup. You can trade for all sodas or for 2 coffee cards

This is from the Captain's Circle benefits question section:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following: •Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

•Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

•Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

•Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

•Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

•Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

•Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

•Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

•Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

•All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Instead of looking at it as some kind of loss when there are 2 elite in the cabin, look at it as a single set up (1 bottle of each) for each person. In the more rare case when only 1 person is elite then they get a bonus - easier to manage and less complaints.

I was in a full suite and am elite. I believe I only got one bar set up, but I may be mistaken.

On my last cruise I asked if I could trade my bar set-up for 1 coffee card and 4 large bottles of water. The answer was no.

I usually trade for all water and they usually offer me the choice of 8 large bottles or 18 small bottles. I always choose the large bottles. I like my water and think it's a good perk.

In the past, I have gotten lazy about calling for a trade. I end up with a lot left at the end of the cruise because I don't drink alcohol anymore. Sometimes I would bring it home to give away and sometimes I gave it to the cabin steward. I'd always ask if he was interested as I didn't want to offend. Each time I did that, the steward was very grateful and would quickly take the items to his cart. (PS. So as not to start a gratuities discussion, I never have removed my gratuities and I always tip extra for great service.)

I was in a full suite and am elite. I believe I only got one bar set up, but I may be mistaken.

On my last cruise I asked if I could trade my bar set-up for 1 coffee card and 4 large bottles of water. The answer was no.

I usually trade for all water and they usually offer me the choice of 8 large bottles or 18 small bottles. I always choose the large bottles. I like my water and think it's a good perk.

In the past, I have gotten lazy about calling for a trade. I end up with a lot left at the end of the cruise because I don't drink alcohol anymore. Sometimes I would bring it home to give away and sometimes I gave it to the cabin steward. I'd always ask if he was interested as I didn't want to offend. Each time I did that, the steward was very grateful and would quickly take the items to his cart. (PS. So as not to start a gratuities discussion, I never have removed my gratuities and I always tip extra for great service.)

When you are elite and in a suite you need to call for the second set-up. I usually call with the trade out requests from the first set-up and at the same time request our 2 coffee cards for the second set-up. On our last cruise we used the second set-up on the first of our b2bs to trade out for the all water option. Worked out well as the whole family was sailing with us, and we already had amassed a full deck of coffee cards with trading out mini-bars on prior cruises.

An Elite passenger in a suite should get two mini bar setups. I have read some post they had to call room service and ask for the second one

You can change item for item. Beer for beer, liquor for liquor, water for water. You cannot change water for beer etc.

You can change beer for water or soda. You can change liquor for water or soda. You can change soda for water.