A few questions re bar set-up for Elites

FengShui@Sea

My tastebuds are not sophisticated with spirits so I miss the Canadian Club whisky for 7&7 drinks and the rum to drink with Coke. :(

Don't remember the rum but I do miss the whiskey, also. No matter how often I try Scotch, I just can't stand it. I used to trade everything in for CC but now it's vodka.

Don't remember the rum but I do miss the whiskey, also. No matter how often I try Scotch, I just can't stand it. I used to trade everything in for CC but now it's vodka.

With having Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch that appears to be for those with a more discriminating taste for spirits than me. :p

One change I like to see is to have the option to exchange the complete minibar set up for two $32 bottles of wine instead of just one bottle of wine. They'll exchange the minibar for two $33.35 coffee cards & wish they'd do the same thing for two $32 bottles of wine.

When you are elite and in a suite you need to call for the second set-up.

This was not our experience in April on the Royal. We turned Elite on the second 10-day cruise and both of the setups appeared. No calling involved.

I liked it when they used to let me trade for 2 Rum/Coke packages. :(

What was the Rum and Coke package? Just requesting the alcohol be all Rum and non alcohol be all Coke? No Rum available now though I did get the go ahead from Room Service to swap the 8 mini bottles for one 375ml bottle of Rum but declined once I learned tgat Bacardi white Rum or Cruzan were the only options.

I still am amazed that with the peesence that Princess has in the Caribbean and considering the association that Rum has with the Navy and the Sea, they have NO rum available for the mini bar.

Terry

What was the Rum and Coke package? Just requesting the alcohol be all Rum and non alcohol be all Coke? No Rum available now though I did get the go ahead from Room Service to swap the 8 mini bottles for one 375ml bottle of Rum but declined once I learned tgat Bacardi white Rum or Cruzan were the only options.

I still am amazed that with the peesence that Princess has in the Caribbean and considering the association that Rum has with the Navy and the Sea, they have NO rum available for the mini bar.

Terry

It was a 375 bottle of rum and several cans of coke.

It was available through room service for $17.

I think they still have it.

I know! We are not hard liquor drinkers so non of it appeals to us.

Rum and the Caribbean! Who'd a thunk?

...No Rum available now though I did get the go ahead from Room Service to swap the 8 mini bottles for one 375ml bottle of Rum but declined once I learned tgat Bacardi white Rum or Cruzan were the only options...
That's good to know, thanks.

Can you trade in all the booze for one Coffee Card and keep the soda/water .. Thanks Ann

If you read post #46 that info comes directly from the Princess website stating that you can only exchange the complete elite minibar setup for 2 coffee cards.

In a bit over a month we will be taking our first cruise as Platinum. I can't hep but wonder what (if any) perks will be available some time in the distant future when we make it to elite. :rolleyes:

On some cruises, there are so many Elites, that the perks are watered down. The laundry is slow. Tendering priority is backed up. Embarkation, debarkation and nightly lounges are packed.

If there are to be more perks, I think they will go to those in a new super Elite category. Requirement for this level will likely be 500 or 1000 nights.

On some cruises, there are so many Elites, that the perks are watered down. The laundry is slow. Tendering priority is backed up. Embarkation, debarkation and nightly lounges are packed.

The most elites I've encountered was over 1,200 on the Royal's inaugural TA. :eek: Even a normal e/b TA on the Regal in April had over 800 elite level passengers.

I'm curious. How are the numbers known? I could see it being in the Patters perhaps but it seems some know ahead of time.

Edit: Oops, I misread the above post. But, how do you know how many Elite, Platinum, etc are on board?

Edited by Nezmo

Sometimes in the Patter or mentioned on the Wake show. I have submitted the question to the Wake Show when the CD is one who encourages passenger participation via a question of the day box. But in my experience, they always give the numbers at the Captains Circle events.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I'm curious. How are the numbers known? I could see it being in the Patters perhaps but it seems some know ahead of time.

Edit: Oops, I misread the above post. But, how do you know how many Elite, Platinum, etc are on board?

The numbers are given at the Captain's Circle party along with the top 3 repeat passengers or some passengers ask the CC rep.

Thats ridiculous. :rolleyes:

As you know better than me who only reached that level 6 years ago, there was a time that was ridiculous but now on longer popular cruises apparently it's pretty much routine. ;)

We had over 1000 on the Grand around South America in 2013. Plus another 1000 Platinums. That left about 500 'others'

1200 Elites on the Ruby around Cape Horn 7 week cruise starting Jan 31 2015 with most going the entire distance.

Terry

Edited by Astro Flyer