Where/how to see OBC

Henk123

No, you won't find it anywhere on the Azamara website, just on the invoice you get either from your ta or directly from Azamars if you booked it with them.

Phil

Everyone needs to be careful which invoice one relies on. Of course it is good to have everything on your TA invoice, have heard too many times about mixups once on board where what was promised by the TA was not included according to the cruise line. The TA inoice is a contract between you and the TA while the cruise line invoice is the Contract between you and the cruise line. Always make sure your cruise line invoice includes everything provided by the cruise line to avoid disappointment.

Any TA provided benefits will only show on the TA invoice and you have to trust your TA to make sure those benefits are provided to the cruise line just before you embark and if not there, you will most probably need to contact your TA directly to make sure that the TA immediately provides what the promised to the cruise line and then to the ship.

The Purser on the ship may or may not be able to take care of this for you as it has to come from the TA. Hope this helps others .

Mine does, both invoices... However if you book with a TA you will not find payment details online. Also depends on who your OBC is from, mine is from Azamara :D

Edited by JVilleGal

We have an Az cruise booked through a TA which includes an OBC. The OBC is shown on the Az 'Confirmation Invoice - Guest Copy' firstly under the 'Promotions Applied' section and then further below the On Board Credit is shown divided between both guests.

If your does not show it I suggest you take it up with TA.

Hope that helps

Peter

• 8 months later...

We just made a booking and our invoice says

Onboard Credits - Currency Guest #1 Guest #2 Guest #3 Guest #4 Total USD 200.00 200.00 400.00

There is no specification as to how this is to be used. Is it definite that this is not restricted to Land Excursions? This credit is from Azamara. Despite nothing being indicated here, our travel agent informed us that she thinks it is for Land Tours Only. If that is the case, this seems to be a misrepresentation on the part of Azamara.

Please let me know your experience. Thanks

That has always been my question, and seems to be an ongoing one that doesn't get answered.

If you buy a package, or book during a promotion that provides $$$, supposedly for Land Discoveries, then:

1)you can wait to use the OBC for the excursion you really want, but since everybody waited, the vendor canceled for lack of interest.

2)you wait to use the OBC for the excursion you really want, but other passengers either wanted it badly enough to book ahead and pay cash, or just didn't buy the package and booked ahead with cash.

3)You wait to use the OBC for the excursion you really want, and you get lucky! You got the excursion with the OBC.

I hope that the Azamara representative will comment on whether my contract will uphold that this can be spent on anything onboard since it does not specify.

I think that there is someone active on this board if I am not mistaken.

I guess my first question would be if you booked direct with Az or a TA. Whose invoice is this??

Regardless of what the invoice says, if you booked under a special program the T & C would apply from that program.

Edited by JVilleGal

The Purser on the ship may or may not be able to take care of this for you as it has to come from the TA. Hope this helps others .

Reallydave

In my experience (Celebrity) it is too late when you get on the ship and you need to have your invoice with you.

On a TA in 2013, we were able to buy the included Classic drinks package a few months before we sailed. Our new invoice still showed the OBC, even though we were told we would forego it when we were given the Classic package.

I went to Guest Relations and they said they would email Miami, but a week later we were told they hadn't had a reply!

This is not about when and how to get shore excursions. I understand the limitations that Azamara has put on the benefits that specifically say "Shore Excursions Only" We have that with the new package and I do not like it but I understand that I have to use it on board and cannot pre-book with it.

This is a separate noted credit on the statement and I want to know how Azamara can hold me to spending it only on shore excursions when it is not designated as such in any of my documentation.

We just made a booking and our invoice says

Onboard Credits - Currency Guest #1 Guest #2 Guest #3 Guest #4 Total USD 200.00 200.00 400.00

There is no specification as to how this is to be used. Is it definite that this is not restricted to Land Excursions? This credit is from Azamara. Despite nothing being indicated here, our travel agent informed us that she thinks it is for Land Tours Only. If that is the case, this seems to be a misrepresentation on the part of Azamara.

Please let me know your experience. Thanks

Hello aquidneck1,

If you booked yesterday, April 1, our special promotion is now the "Spring 2016".

If you booked during January-March the special promotion was "More to Love." That special promotion included a "Land Discoveries Onboard Credit" among other perks. You are correct that the $200 pp Land Discoveries Onboard Credit is only applicable to tours. Your travel agent would have known that when s/he booked it for you.

The More to Love special has ended so it's no longer on our website. But here's a link to virtually the same thing (the first option) if someone were to purchase it as an onboard package: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/more-love-packages

But beyond all this explanation, let me say I'm sorry you're feeling unhappy. If I were you I'd spend it all on one special tour, like an Insider Access tour.

Edited by BBMacLaird

Bonnie, thanks for your response. I do have the More to Love promotion as well as the one for $400.00 that is listed on the invoice as quoted in my post. This means that I have a total of $800.00 for 2.

My problem is that there is no where on my invoice that it specifies that the $400.00 is restricted so I am not sure how it can be. I plan to spend it all on something special assuming that there is availability when I board.

Bonnie, thanks for your response. I do have the More to Love promotion as well as the one for $400.00 that is listed on the invoice as quoted in my post. This means that I have a total of $800.00 for 2.

My problem is that there is no where on my invoice that it specifies that the $400.00 is restricted so I am not sure how it can be. I plan to spend it all on something special assuming that there is availability when I board.

On your invoice does the More to Love $400 OBC say it's for Land Discoveries?

What was the second OBC of $400 given to you for?

I'm not in Guest Services so I can't speculate. You should call them and have them walk you through your invoice.

I'm betting the invoices are Templets and there is one field for OBC to be lumped into. The Promo would govern the T & C of a portion of the OBC and the balance would be governed based on why & who provided them. IMHO