Bringing beverages in a cooler on the ship

LuvTheSea14

No open beverages period. They will inspect bottles are sealed and have not been open. Bringing a cooler with ice? I have never seen that before so its only a guess. I would think not. The entire cooler would have to go through the x ray machine and no way are they going to xray water and ice on the belt.

Keep us posted but I doubt they would allow this. Here is an idea if they don't allow it. Bring an empty cooler and fill it with ice when you get on board. Maybe this is what you meant right away. An empty cooler with sealed beverages should not be a problem.

When I boarded a ship at Fort Lauderdale they took my unopened bottle of water from me!

The difference is that they took it from you, meaning you were trying to carry it on. They do that all the time. If it is in your checked luggage it is not an issue.

can I put sealed water and juice in a cooler, put a luggage tag on it and give it to the people who take your luggage on the pier?

Generally coolers are not allowed at most ports. If the cooler is allowed it must be soft sided, not hard sides even if you are using them as a suitcase. They are difficult to x-ray.

Before the Spirit had cabin refridgs, I took a soft sided cooler with us. The cabin steward kept it filled with ice for us. I'm sure you cannot take ice on board yourself though (or open containers of liquid). Ice is considered an easy contributor to illnesses. That's why you cannot reach into a room steward's ice chest yourself and he/she will only do so wearing cloves.