tea coffee and soft drinks on board ??

dayceesue

Hi

I have just booked a cruise on MSC Musica for next January.

I cannot book the drinks package as my travelling companion only drinks water - so is definately not worth her while to do so and all members of party have to book it.

My question is - as far as tea, coffee, soft drinks and water are concerned will I have to pay every time ? or are there drinks stations set up at strategic points (like they have on Royal caribean ships)

- which is the only cruise line I have bee on so far.

Would appreciate any feedback on this and anything else useful about cruising with MSC

Regards

dayceesue

Hi

I cannot book the drinks package as my travelling companion only drinks water - so is definately not worth her while to do so and all members of party have to book it.

My question is - as far as tea, coffee, soft drinks and water are concerned will I have to pay every time ? or are there drinks stations set up at strategic points (like they have on Royal caribean ships)

Would appreciate any feedback on this and anything else useful about cruising with MSC

Regards

dayceesue

I believe you can buy a book of drink vouchers. The best place to ask this question would be on the MSC boards here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

It seems like a ridiculous rule. Why would a company lose so much revenue by demanding that everyone in a cabin purchase a package.

I would contact the line directly and ask if only one person can purchase a drink package despite what their disclaimer says.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I believe you can buy a book of drink vouchers.

It seems like a ridiculous rule. Why would a company lose so much revenue by demanding that everyone in a cabin purchase a package.

I would contact the line directly and ask if only one person can purchase a drink package despite what their disclaimer says.

Jonathan

Two people travelling together could effectively share the package, thereby doubling the number of drinks taken on one package. Why would a company lose so much revenue by letting tht happen?

Not only COULD they cheat and double the number of drinks, but when these packges were first introduced - with the option of only one person in a cabin having to buy it, nearly everyone DID exactly that.

It was their dishonesty that forced the cruise lines to set the rules the way they are.

And no - we do not make exceptions.

Hi

Regards

dayceesue

Basic Tea, coffee and water are free on all ships. Premium coffees, soda and bottled water are charged for. Each line has different packages for non-alcoholic drinks, from unlimited to fixed number. Some lines (eg., Princess) allow just one person to buy unlimited. Details will be on your line's website.

Greetings from Oregon:)

Basic Tea, coffee and water are free on all ships. Premium coffees, soda and bottled water are charged for. Each line has different packages for non-alcoholic drinks, from unlimited to fixed number. Some lines (eg., Princess) allow just one person to buy unlimited. Details will be on your line's website.

Greetings from Oregon:)

Sorry, but this is not true on European lines. It has been reported that to get water with meals, you have to buy bottled water. MSC adapted their offerings on Divina to suit the US market, and did offer ice water from a pitcher. EM

Sorry, but this is not true on European lines. It has been reported that to get water with meals, you have to buy bottled water. MSC adapted their offerings on Divina to suit the US market, and did offer ice water from a pitcher. EM

That would be in the MDR. There are water fountains on board, and in the buffet. That was certainly true on Costa.

We have sailed the MSC Divina 2x - once in Caribbean and once on a TA. We bought the beverage package which is actually a book of 18 coupons. On the TA we bought 2 books and just used up one book of coupons before using the 2nd book. But on the Caribbean, we only bought 1 book and shared it. There did not seem to be a problem sharing the coupons since on our TA we often used coupons for drinks for friends that were with us.

Not sure about MSC ships that sail exclusively in Europe, but on our TA, we were served water in the MDR and it was available in the buffet - we did not have to purchase bottled water at all.

Marianne

Two people travelling together could effectively share the package, thereby doubling the number of drinks taken on one package. Why would a company lose so much revenue by letting tht happen?

I understand that part. But, if you take the case of the OP her friend doesn't drink and both passengers have to buy the package and now neither will.

Jonathan